Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

I'm sure she got a very nice retirement check.

If he wanted a servant to note the times and start his car I guess that wasn't a rose he liked to smell or he was grasping for a new concept in time management.

Babayada ...

I've enjoyed alot of your posts but something in this thread made me want to respond by "chunking down" on your posting.

Let's examine your statement "Balance like getting rid of a wife because she's getting older and exchanging her for a younger model with fake boobs that you paid for?"

Let's apply some inquery process (since you have Abundance for Life) and some NLPish questioning.

"Getting rid of a wife because she's older."

Can you know that it is true? How do you know this is the reason that they divorced? Did you read an interview, talk to Tony or Becky, or is it just something you made up in your own head? (called hallucination in NLP)

Becky and Tony divorced after 15 years. That's a pretty long time. People change in 15 years. Are you married or single?

"exchanging her for a younger model"

Since you are much more up on the gossip than I am (I did not even know Tony was divorced and remarried until I read your post) what was the period of time that passed between divorce and the subsequent marriage?

Was it too short for your internal timetable? What would have been an appropriate length of time to wait before seeing someone else so it would have been ok with you? How old should his new wife have been so as not to seem like he was trading in on a newer model?

"with fake boobs that you paid for"

Wow, you really are up on the details. You even know whether she had a boob job or not and who paid for them. Sage's ex-husband claims he paid for them (google searched this morning). How do you you know who paid for them? Have you seen the receipt? What bothers you the most, that she had a boob job (did she really?) or that you think Tony paid for them? Would it have been okay with you if she used her own money?

NYC_Dweller ...

There is a lot of NLP material out there. Start a thread asking for who has specific recommendations and you'll get some answers.

In answer to your specific question - I think Awaken the Giant Within is worth your time and money. I'd also recommend the "Unleash the Power Within" weekend with the firewalk if you have the resources. It is not too expensive and, like I said, a worthwhile experience.

Some things speak for themselves, Alan.

You are free to come to your own conclusions.

For me, Tony's behavior is typical and hypocritical. For someone who would go on and on about commitment and being able to solve any problem in relationships, well ... you can do your own math.

Anyway, nice attempt at meta-modeling.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited January 18, 2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by babayada:
[b]Anyway, nice attempt at meta-modeling.

b]

I thought his characterization of your reasoning in that post was accurate, which is perhaps evidenced by the fact that you didn't respond to it specifically in this post....

Although I agree with you that there are much better teachers of NLP out there.

[This message has been edited by garics (edited January 18, 2005).]

Garics,

Your are welcome to your opinions as to any characterization of my reasoning. Though I don't know if it will lead to an accurate assessment of Tony Robbins.

As I see it, the only thing my last post evidences is that I don't feel that I need to explain myself by answering a barrage of questions.

Go google it and look at the sordid details of the whole affair for yourselves. It will answer a number of the questions asked.

If Tony Robbins represents what you want to model in your life, then you best take a good look at him. In my estimation, he is extremely opportunistic. He is about one thing in his rhetoric and about another in his behavior. This, to me, is particularly signficant because he goes on and on about congruence and walking your talk.

He stands on the shoulders of giants and puts his name on their work at worst or neglects to mention them. People talk about "Tony's techniques" when they are actually referring to work by Richard Bandler, Robert Dilts, John Grinder, Milton Erickson, et al.

He may be a savvy businessman, but he is no intellectual. Many of his ideas are simply marketed re-workings of things that are actually much more sophisticated, powerful, subtle, and nuanced in their original forms.

If, however, you find his life and actions to represent something different than I do, then you see a different Robbins. I do not feel it's my responsibility to go in depth and explicate and deconstruct my perception of him for anyone.

Go to one or a few of his seminars, sense his energy, look at the facts of his life, and come to your own conclusions. Your results will be stronger for you than anything I can say here.

Babathrowingawrenchinyourturbineyada;

You are most adapt at sewing the seeds of uncertainty.

I won't throw a wrench in anyone's turbine, but I will say something like. "Hey, do you hear that? That clicking? There it is again! You might want to have that checked."

quote:
Garics,

Your are welcome to your opinions as to any characterization of my reasoning. Though I don't know if it will lead to an accurate assessment of Tony Robbins.

As I see it, the only thing my last post evidences is that I don't feel that I need to explain myself by answering a barrage of questions.

If Tony Robbins represents what you want to model in your life, then you best take a good look at him. In my estimation, he is extremely opportunistic. He is about one thing in his rhetoric and about another in his behavior. This, to me, is particularly signficant because he goes on and on about congruence and walking your talk.

He stands on the shoulders of giants and puts his name on their work at worst or neglects to mention them. People talk about "Tony's techniques" when they are actually referring to work by Richard Bandler, Robert Dilts, John Grinder, Milton Erickson, et al.

He may be a savvy businessman, but he is no intellectual. Many of his ideas are simply marketed re-workings of things that are actually much more sophisticated, powerful, subtle, and nuanced in their original forms.

If, however, you find his life and actions to represent something different than I do, then you see a different Robbins. I do not feel it's my responsibility to go in depth and explicate and deconstruct my perception of him for anyone.

Go to one or a few of his seminars, sense his energy, look at the facts of his life, and come to your own conclusions. Your results will be stronger for you than anything I can say here.

I failed to acknowledge in the last post that I actually agree with a lot of your sentiments about TR. You are definitely right that he's not an intellectual, he doesn't seem to have a very sophisticated understanding (unlike Bandler) of the underlying theory if the methods he uses.

Also, yes, he's full of a lot of hype much of which he can't back up. I think his strategic positivity is part of what attracts lots of people to him though.

Anyway, I guess I was just trying to say that a lot of your critique made sense to me but the very last part sounded a little bit like a personal attack, and I was trying to make a distinction between those two Sorry if this wasn't clearer.

BTW my name's Garic not Garics

Sorry for the mistake with your name.

It was not an intentional form of disrespect. My apologies.

My post was, however, intended as personal against Robbins. If you meant personal against Alan, then, I suppose I was being snippy in response to the meta-modeling. Meta-modeling is inherently obnoxious.

quote:
Sorry for the mistake with your name.

It was not an intentional form of disrespect. My apologies.

I was just introducing myself, I wasn't taking offense.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved