Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

benewme

Thanks for your feedback. Yes I agree when one has found something that works then stick with it as in your case the tapes.

Cheers,

Thanks, benewme, for the information, and clearing up the "workbook" issue. The "Whispers" sounds like an interesting concept; I like hearing about new things. However, to me, it might seem a little spooky to hear continual whispering going on in your head. Ha! You know how when you hear a song, and it stays in your mind for a while, sometimes even for a few days? Well, wouldn't it be awful to have continual whisperings?

The Effort-Free Life System is more my style, and I really do like it! I've only been with it for a few days, but I am very happy with what I've learned so far.

Personally, in my opinion, belief is a sibling of faith, and faith basically means two things: confidence and being thoroughly convinced about something. Over the years, I've managed to develop mountain-moving faith in certain areas of life. This is no exaggeration. I completely convince myself about a thing, and I "think from the end" on it, as if has already come to pass. I expect it, and literally reach out into the invisible realm for it, and pull it back over to myself in faith... just as if you were reaching across the table to get the salt shaker. Then I wait for Life to bring it to me, in the physical. If it's a problem beyond my immediate control, so to speak, I firmly envision that God is fixing it for me, at my request. Now THAT is REALLY powerful. I take what I ask for in faith, and I claim the manifestation as mine. Some things I can do this with, easily. Other things have been a challenge, because it would feel as if there were a subconscious blockage of some sort. But the Effort-Free Life System is in the process of helping me to melt away that underlying resistance, by way of what is referred to as "acceptance".

Maybe it can help you with your belief?

[This message has been edited by SummitOfAmbition (edited June 13, 2005).]

Okay, let's try this again! This extra post is not supposed to be here.

didn't mean to post twice... don't know how that happened!

Instead of letting me edit, it's re-posting. ------ Oh! I think I'm clicking the little reply symbol next to the edit symbol, by mistake. My apologies.

Hi SummitOfAmbition,

Thanks for your reply! As for the posting problems, it's to be expected when you're posting at 1:30 AM.

I like what you said about belief--it makes a lot of sense.

I... initially had belief in self-enhancing programs, and they worked. I first used Nightingale-Conant's Super Immunity and Health brain supercharger when I had strep throat that wouldn't stay away and the doctor wanted to remove my tonsils. I had just received my tapes and said that I wanted to use them for 30 days first. The doctor snickered and said, "Fine, but you'll be back here in 30 days for surgery." The strep went away, I've never had strep throat since, and I still have my tonsils. (Take THAT, doctor!)

Next I tried the Silva Mind System, at a financially difficult time. I set three money-related goals (two physical items requiring money I didn't have and a money goal), and took them in order of difficulty. I believed. It didn't matter when the days stretched to weeks for the first goal because I believed. That goal happened. I now had proof and more faith. I tackled the second goal. I believed. It didn't matter when the weeks stretched to months for the second goal because I believed. It took 5 months, but that goal happened. This success amazed some people and I tackled my third goal with complete confidence. However, when the months stretched into years for the third goal, I despaired. And I've never had any concrete, lasting success with anything else I've tried.

Your posting reminds me of where I started, when belief was new and unshaken, and where I need to return. It may also help anyone struggling to manifest results with Sound Health Sound Wealth--we need to reach out in faith.

Thank you!

Benewme,

Very interesting experience and thanks for the tip. I think I will by the health brain supercharger as well.

Good that you achieved your financial goal. (goal no 2)

Don’t be too disappointed the goal 3 did not materialize yet.
It is probably not the tech but something in you. In other words they may be an obstacle in you.

In transactional analysis they call it the pig parent. The pig
parent is an inner voice/feeling which consistently puts one
down and make one sabotage ones goals.

You can build on your previous successes and use the self help techs that work for you. In other word what you subconsciously can believe in.

I found a good tech is the one from Mike Brescia.
http://www.instantinnerpower.com
http://www.thinkrightnow.com

They helped me a lot and I still use them to get rid of
my pig parent.

Cheers,

You are so welcomed! And thank you, too, benewme, for lifting us up with your words of kindness and interest.

The good news is, our faith can be renewed and strengthened at will. This comes by hearing, reading, and speaking the positive power and truth of God, or our spiritual source, over and over again on a regular basis, to get it deep down into the heart and soul. We don't need proof to start the motor up, only a child-like faith to get it going, although successes notched on the belt do serve to rev up the motor even more. Here's the secret: If we put our faith solely in our own ability, there is always that probability of it being limited in scope, along with an occasionally waning. However, when we put our faith in an omnipotent, supernatural higher power that never ends, then our faith need only be the size of a mustard seed. Very powerful stuff, indeed. This way, it's always fresh, always new, and it strengthens in potency by way of confidence in Spirit and the system of Life, as we understand it to be.

At the age of 12 in the mid-1960's, I had secretly practiced it a time or two on impulse. Since I was so involved with the teen-aged years, I set that interest aside until 1970. It was in the mid-1970's that my grandmother, who was in her 60's at the time, shocked and horrified the relatives by making a drastic conversion from a traditional reserved Baptist, to a vibrantly singing and praising, clapping and raising hands-to-the-sky, deeply spiritual Full Gospel Word-of-Faith believer. (Word-of-Faith is sort of like Pentecostal, only it leans more heavily toward a metaphysical interpretation of scripture.)

She and I were very close, and I was the only one in the family who would listen to her as she excitedly shared her new faith. Everyone else thought she had gone a little off the deep end. To me, it was absolutely fascinating, and she taught me everything she knew. I learned from a bold, unusual biblical perspective, exactly what the power of Christian faith was really supposed to be, and how it used to be in its infancy before its true meaning was distorted and emasculated, by fearful controlling leaders who didn't want the common man to have such power. She taught me by referring to certain verses in the Holy Bible, how to steadily increase my faith and use it as a tool, in order to join forces with God as our senior partner and provider, in reverence and love. My grandmother and I performed works such as commanding tornadoes and hurricanes away, claiming divine protection by way of our Anointing (Christ) and guardian angels, and of course, healings of various sorts.

Eventually, after the rest of the family saw all of it happen time and time again, they accepted that it was real, and sometimes called us when they needed help. But they weren't willing to do what it took so that they could do those things themselves.

Since that time, however, I've evolved and grown beyond certain beliefs held by that denomination. For example, their teachings give too much attention to the evil one, and require that you fight him every step of the way for the rest of your life (not true, if you are covered with the Annointing). One that I could not ever accept, was that the man is meant to be ordained as leader over the woman. (No way, José. Man should treat woman with the same basic consideration, respect, and common courtesy he would expect for himself - The Golden Rule!) Another was the typical practice of "falling out", which I refused to open myself up to. (No thanks. That's too bizarre and unbiblical to consider it something from God.) I won't go into it, here, but the way I see it, those notions and traditions contradict certain truths, and go against what I believe is right in the deepest recesses of my heart. Nonetheless, I am eternally grateful for the education and profound biblical faith. These were vital steps that led me up the ladder to what is now a higher, unique level of being, as I kept what I needed and left the rest.

It's a pleasure to also say that around 1994, I took the Silva Method course, formerly known as the Silva Mind Control Method. What an elevating experience that was! Superb course. I went into it with the purpose of increasing my psychic abilities, and boy did I ever get it. Man. One of these days I'd like to take it, again, for the sheer pleasure of it.

Hey, it would be so neat to hear what your doctor had to say when you didn't have to get surgery, after all!!! Way to go, benewme! Start up a new thread on it! Let us know where it is, so we can easily find it.

By the way, am I reading your quote correctly, in that your third goal has yet to be accomplished, and you haven't had much luck since then, with subsequent intended goals? You may email me if you like with an answer, if you don't think it's appropriate for the thread.

quote:
Originally posted by benewme:
Your posting reminds me of where I started, when belief was new and unshaken, and where I need to return....

...However, when the months stretched into years for the third goal, I despaired. And I've never had any concrete, lasting success with anything else I've tried.

...The doctor snickered and said, "Fine, but you'll be back here in 30 days for surgery." The strep went away, I've never had strep throat since, and I still have my tonsils. (Take THAT, doctor!)

...we need to reach out in faith.

Thank you!

[This message has been edited by SummitOfAmbition (edited June 24, 2005).]

Thanks Frodo02 for the pig parent and instantinnerpower.com information! That sounds right on target. I'm checking out the web site and it seems like good stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by Frodo02:
Benewme,

Very interesting experience and thanks for the tip. I think I will by the health brain supercharger as well.

Good that you achieved your financial goal. (goal no 2)

Don’t be too disappointed the goal 3 did not materialize yet.
It is probably not the tech but something in you. In other words they may be an obstacle in you.

In transactional analysis they call it the pig parent. The pig
parent is an inner voice/feeling which consistently puts one
down and make one sabotage ones goals.

You can build on your previous successes and use the self help techs that work for you. In other word what you subconsciously can believe in.

I found a good tech is the one from Mike Brescia.
http://www.instantinnerpower.com
http://www.thinkrightnow.com

They helped me a lot and I still use them to get rid of
my pig parent.

Cheers,

Thanks SummitOfAmbition for your encouragement and for sharing some of your experiences! I will take you up on your kind offer to email you, because I've pulled the Sound Health Sound Wealth thread badly off topic.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SummitOfAmbition:
[B]
By the way, am I reading your quote correctly, in that your third goal has yet to be accomplished, and you haven't had much luck since then, with subsequent intended goals? You may email me if you like with an answer, if you don't think it's appropriate for the thread.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved