Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15226 07/29/04 02:55 PM
OP Offline

Hi everyone,
I am trying to find ways and means to improve the quality of my sleep at nite so that I can sleep deeper and wake up more recharged and rested after a good nite's sleep. That would not be problem if I could wake up about 7 am each day, but the reality is that I have to get up by 6 am each day if I am to be on time for my work. If I had a choice, I would get up even earlier so that I can attend to personal stuff like maybe exercise and so on before I get to work (maybe 5 am). But the problem is that whenever I try to get up earlier, my body and mind does not seem to get the same quality of sleep it needs because I still wake up tired even if I try to go to bed on time the previous nite.
Mostly, the problem I have is with falling asleep easily in my own bed - I don't seem to have this difficulty as I fall readily into deep sleep when on my sofa!?
What I really desire to know is, are there ways to train my body and mind so that I go to sleep readilly as well as get higher returns on my sleep time? If so, any great resources to recommend?
thanks guys..Would appreciate any input in this area..

#15227 07/30/04 04:27 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Meditation. 30 to 60 minutes a day can reduce the need for sleep by up to 3 hours. It might take a few weeks before you notice the benefit.

Alex

#15228 07/30/04 06:30 PM

I agree with Alex on the meditation. It works for me.

Also, generally when I do prefer to get to sleep cuz I know I have to be up early, I put in one of my personal-growth audio tapes that I enjoy listening to, and I try to stay up to finish the whole thing. The more I try to stay awake to listen to someone's voice , the less successful I am

#15229 07/30/04 09:01 PM

I agree with Steve and Alex comments as well. I have meditated regularly for many years and I have noticed this effect with myself. I get by on much less sleep than most other people and I feel highly energetic most of the time.

Maybe you should get a couch installed in your bedroom.

Try employing your subconscious mind by giving yourself programming when you go to sleep. I have had success with this at telling myself to wake up at a specific time, feeling well-rested and having all of the energy I will need to easily and effortlessly meet the needs of my day. It is really amazing what can be accomplished by experimenting with these methods - your body, brain, mind will do what you ask them to do.

[This message has been edited by livingsuccess (edited July 30, 2004).]

#15230 07/30/04 09:18 PM

It could be also good to check the condition of your bed. Mine was in quite bad condition and usually I slept very long during the weekends in order to get the needed rest. Resently I changed the bed and pillow into Tempur pressure relieving material (http://www.tempurworld.com/page54.asp) and my sleeping quality improved dramaticly. Most of all I feel full of energy after good sleep, also it's much easier to fall a sleep in the evening.

#15231 07/30/04 09:22 PM

To the people that meditate, what type of meditation system do you use?

#15232 07/30/04 09:24 PM

I bought this book from the below link, I think it has helped with the quality of my sleep.
http://www.PowerfulSleep.com/order.htm

#15233 07/31/04 12:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bhenry:
To the people that meditate, what type of meditation system do you use?

I use Holosync myself, and sometimes I actually succeed in just following my breath and ignoring thoughts, but a lot of times not. But being in Delta for a while reduces my need for sleep overall.

#15234 07/31/04 05:48 AM
OP Offline

Hi everyone,
thanks for the tips: as a matter of fact, I am practising SFQ daily. Do find it very helpful at raising and maintaining energy levels of the body- if I can get up in time to do it, that is. Not sure whether there are other kinds of meditation that I ought to include- quite stretched for time as it is.
I have on occasion used paraliminals such as Deep Relaxation or New History Gen-Mental Review to help relax n set the tone for the next day, but sometimes find it necessary to use the washroom right after - that kind of breaks any sleep I might have been falling into whilst listening to that paraliminal.
As for putting the sofa in my bedroom, my wife jokingly said I should do that but I don't think we could fit both a bed AND a sofa in our bedroom :_P
I am rather curious about the powerfulsleep.com link though: I tried searching for the web for more info on this product but couldn't turn up any- could you share a little bit more about how this ebook has helped you, Hobo? Would like to find out more from you before plunking down money for this e-book.
Hmm, I never thot of using holosync in sleep reduction. Maybe that is worth considering.
Thanks Eric, for the link to tempur bed products- I will check it out.
Thanks guys for taking time to listen and respond to my queries.

take care...

#15235 07/31/04 03:49 PM

The book that I recommended above is very good. It goes way beyond things like have a warm glass of milk before bed and meditation. It goes into the sleep cycles and how to take advantage of them. It covers the body's chemistry for sleep. The 5 stages of sleep, nutrition and supplements, dreams, ect... I've posted here before about this book and my post is usually ignored. You people are really missing a great source of info in this book.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved