Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#15291 11/19/04 05:43 AM

OK, let me clarify this: That can be measured. Show me something else out there that can be demonstrated or measured in some way that can go deeper. To my knowledge nothing can because it drops off the perception range.

I have heard of lower levels of brain waves but so far no one has been able to clearly demonstrate them and it is probably operator error that was really behind it.

Yes there is the yogi whom can stop his heartbeat but did he stop his brainwave?

Would you agree that deep meditation is related and measureable by brain wave activity or is there another system you choose?

Jeff

#15292 11/19/04 03:43 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by jeffdengr:

I have heard of lower levels of brain waves but so far no one has been able to clearly demonstrate them and it is probably operator error that was really behind it.

Or the fact that the equipment being used is currently only designed to look for the frequencies that are know.

Anyone see Jurastic Park? Once the computer found what it was programed to look for it stopped looking.

Do you prefer Tea or Coffee or perhaps neither.

Even a begger holding out his cup for a few coins is marketing his point of view on the world. We can argue that his approach is right or wrong and perhaps I could want him to change it to suit my prefered paradigm tht there be no beggers in the world.

The fact is, his business is not my business, I can only change that which is my business. As for the begger, it simply is, what it is. I can choose to stay in the trance and demand that it be changed and argue till everyone agrees with me that the begger should not be there. While I may be swayed on the idea of right or wrong... It will remain a part of my trance as long as I try to make his business my business. It's my business whether I give him any coins.

Alex

#15293 11/20/04 06:38 AM

That's a good metaphor, Alex.

I'll take it to heart.

#15294 11/19/04 07:05 PM

I believe I said something like "At this point in Time". Not there there isn't new developements in the future, I hope there is.
I was kinda hoping Babayada would prove me wrong so I might learn something new.

Aloha

#15295 11/19/04 11:41 PM

I am amazed at this discussion. Who is trying to convince who of what? Gather the troops. Win at all costs. Please read Bill Harris's latest news letter. He covers the attitude of this thread very well.

Be well.

Zendar

Frodo02
Feel free to email me to discuss Holosync. I just recently purchased Flowering level (zendar242@comcast.net)

#15296 11/20/04 03:02 AM

You're going to have to prove yourself wrong, Jeff.

Really, I think the whole emphasis on "deep" in terms of brainwave patterns is pretty (for the sake of word-play) shallow. There's more to it than that, I think.

I do not think that profound "deep" experiences all share the delta brainwave in common. There is no science I know of to back me up here, just a guess.

I have found zazen to bring me deeper in terms of intensity. Who was it that wrestled with an angel? Ezekiel? Well, that's what zazen was like for me. In a sense, the depth of that experience was way more than what I experienced through any other technique.

I have read several places that the binaural beat frequency does not always bring the brain into the same state as the difference between the two tones. Does holosync really bring the majority of the brain down into 2 hertz?

Is that what is considered "deep"? Is that beneficial? I don't think we know enough about the brain to really comment on that. I mean, I suspect even neurologists wouldn't be able to comment on that.

#15297 11/20/04 04:40 AM

Zendar,

Are you talking about the article about the recent election?

I read it and enjoyed it very much. I love reading Alan Watts, and I think you're dead on with what is going on here. Its the dance of yin and yang, that's all.

We get caught up in it. We become passionate about it. And isn't that what its for in the first place?

It is my hope that this discussion has caused no one any real suffering. I know my feathers get ruffled, and, at times, I do my best to ruffle the feathers of others, but, honestly, its fun.

This isn't to say that I do not take what I've said seriously. I do, and I have said it in earnest, but I can also appreciate the fact that, yes, it is a game, and yes, its all about individual experience anyway.

I appreciate both you and Alex pointing this out in your own ways. I helps me take a step back and shake my head.

Of course, like with a dream I'll get back into it and forget. But I think each phase is important and complements each other (yin and yang again!).

Anyway, namaste.

#15298 11/21/04 07:17 PM

I'm cross posting this link from a discussion on the photoreading forum.
http://sciam.com/print_version.cfm?articleID=0007D716-71A1-1179-AF8683414B7F0000

All music, basically, is psychoacoustic. I wonder how much music out there available for 8 dollars from a bargain bin can have as profound an effect as hemisync, holosync, awakened minds, or any of the others?

I know Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here can definitely send you places.

#15299 11/21/04 07:43 PM

Hasn't the music of Bach and Beethoven been proven to have a profound effect on the mind? It's possible that listening to some of this music everyday can have a greater impact than Hemisync, Holosync, and the others that are mentioned on this forum. I'm interested in knowing if anyone has ever done any daily listening of the music of Bach or Beethoven and what kind of impact did it have on you?

[This message has been edited by bhenry (edited November 21, 2004).]

#15300 11/22/04 10:44 AM

There have been studies on the effects of classical music. The effect was found to be temporary. I am no classical music expert;but certain passages of Mozart make me feel joyous. Some of Bachs pieces imbue me with a strong feeling of calmess. These feelings don't last but they are very pleasurable.
After several years of listening to Holosync I have changed. I am far less reactive. I am more self aware. I recently had a six week break from listening to Holosync and there was no fall off in these results. Holosync is in a different league to other soundtracks.
Notwithstanding this I do feel that Holosync is way overpriced. Also be prepared for the long haul. Incidentally learn the Sedona Method (the book is cheap) it really helps when dealing with overwhelm.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved