Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#15311 01/21/05 12:34 AM

Erwan,
What is free has no value??

On the contrary, "The best things in life are free." You have it bassackwards.

#15312 01/23/05 08:21 AM

I am a new holosync listener and am pleased to have found this thread. Thank you all for the discussion.

I agree with the marketing critique put forth by babayada and others. What would the budda sell and would he use recycled paper to print his materials?

That said, I am having results from the short time I've been using the cds. Some of what I'm seeing is intriguing, like my cessation of nail biting. Other changes are just plain weird. My hair is parting in the opposite direction for example. This brings me to my question.

Does anyone know if there are any dangers to using the Holosync cds and forcing your brain into a delta pattern? Is there anyone on this list with access to a neurologist that they could talk too? Is anyone else concerned about risk?

#15313 01/31/05 03:45 PM

Ok, "What is free has no value" seems to have ticked off some reactions.

Let's put it another way :
"if you give it for free, no one will think it has any value".

Look at the open source community : they've battled for YEARS before getting any results agianst microsoft !
It's only now that several companies like Redhat and Mandrake are actually selling their open-source programs, that these are getting some attention.
Of course what they're selling is not the software itself, but the service they provide : integration, security, etc...

Does anyone see a parrallel with Centerpointe here ?
Of course the Centerpointe CDs could be re-created for free by anyone with an ounce of technical knowledge. But you wouldn't be getting their support, which is the service they sell , which is extremely valuable in making the most of Holosync.

"What is free has no value" was not meant to be a moral statement, it's just plain old mass-market reality !

Erwan

#15314 02/01/05 05:16 AM

Yes Erwan, I agree with you.

What is free may have a value but for most people it is not wanted. For instance I offered the holosync Awakening Prologue to some relatives and friends. For Free.

So far nobody wanted it.

Also, I seriously doubt that the self ceated holosync cd's have the same impact as the one from Centerpointe. Bill Harris told us on a retreat that he would not reveal what's
exactly on the cd or how they are made, because this is a trade secret.

Cheers,

#15315 02/01/05 05:23 AM

Redhat still offers its programs for free.
http://fedora.redhat.com

I am not exactly sure what you mean when you say it took the open source community years against battling Microsoft before it got anywhere.

The term "Open Source" is not as well known as the name "Microsoft" for various reasons. And I do not know, exactly, what criteria you are using for success.

The Open Source community as a collective project has become more and more successful over the years because their philosophy and approach work. It's more about mutual evolution and improving code through open discourse and sharing than financial success, although financial success can be a by-product.

I agree with the point about perceived value. Sometimes people will not buy a product when it is cheap. If the price is arbitrarily raised, then people perceive it as more valuable and will start to buy it.

The prices of Centerpointe's products, however, are way above this point. I think selling each level for $100 or $150 each would be more than sufficient (even though that price is still ridiculously high considering price of production, which is probably very low). That is, without having you purchase the whole set of levels in order to get a fairly decent price.

I will say that Centerpointe offers a superior product. I've played around with binaural beats at low frequencies and low carrier waves with different sound effects. I was unable to achieve the effects that their product has.

I agree with Frodo2 who, I think, said that Awakened Minds is not as good. After using and comparing, it just doesn't give you the same depth of experience.

I simply think it's a shame that they are charging way too much for their products.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited January 31, 2005).]

#15316 02/01/05 06:45 AM

Babayada;

Just as a side bar to the price thing, Bill Harris has said that the sound technology for getting the sound outside of the head did cost him alot of money, alot more than he wanted to admit. He did develope the audiofonix to replace Bud Lowry's technology because Bud was a one man show and getting up in age.

In my own work I believe that worrying about price is their business. If I didn't think the product gave me something I wanted I'd get something else that did. Because somebody would come up with a better product eventually. But waiting around for Microsoft to come up with XP when it had only developed MS DOS and dropping the price in the mean time, it just doesn't work that way.

I think Bill Harris is a straight up guy. He's always answered my questions although I don't ask business and money questions because I really don't care. He doesn't know anything about the shipping business and sailing the seven seas. I feel comfortable in this already.

They claim to surround yourself with people that are smarter than you are about the subjects your are dealing with. Bill knows alot more about this than I do. I have no problem with that. I have more of a problem if he just went away with holosync.

At least I have a choice on this right now. To holosync or not to holosync that is the question. I choice to holosync at this price.

Jeff

#15317 02/01/05 06:50 AM

OK , Really, I choose to Holosync at this price.

#15318 02/21/05 03:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by babayada:
By contrast:

BWGEN.exe is free. There's your binaural beat tones.

There .wav files prepared to be looped containing environmental effects that are free. There's your pretty rain to listen to.

Hello Everyone,

Please forgive me if this is a naive question, but do the Holosync CDs just contain binaural beats and environmental effects, or is there also some proprietary technology involved as well?

I don't have any agenda, either pro or anti Centerpointe, I'm just curious!

Best wishes to you all,

TS

#15319 03/15/05 07:24 AM

Hi guys...I also just started Holosync Prologue.I bought it because ,frankly speaking,of the barage claims of being the ultimate tool and of course the "bribe".

Iam grateful for this discussion because I can be able to check out for myself without buying the hype and claims of Holosync.
Another point I want to make is that from there original site I did not get much information that there would be more to come after!upto Level four.
But I still have time to return it back.And would I be able to do that?Of course I can do that.
I agree with Babayada that the guarantee is a psychological tool they use it on you.I recall there was another product called to do with Energy Meridians and claimed to remove all the blockages and limiting beliefs to do with abundance.It was was selling around the neat price of 180 dollars and had only and e download of thirty pages.

I was one of the top ones who gave the utmost effort on it and gave my feedback constantly in her Arthurs roundTable as she used to call it.In the end I realised that it was all encashing on EFt.I asked for my guarantee .She gave it to me after sending me an abusive Mail that I might as well dole money from the other members!And she cut thrity dollars from the original amount withouht any reason.But my friend who was also involved in it did not ask for it.He was too nice for that.And she closed the Guarantee after that.
My conclusion after that incident?The gurantees are not for you to return the items but just Marketing Strategy.
There all kind of glossy claims out there for people to push their products and one has to be wary.

bye all.

#15320 03/15/05 09:33 PM

Hi,

I've seen others return AP and have had their money refunded from Centerpointe. It doesn't seem to be a problem. I think Bill said there was a 2% return rate, which I suppose with a 12 month warranty, isn't too bad.

Also you don't get any return agreement on the higher levels but I know from experience if you happened to have lost or damaged a CD in some way, Centerpointe generally replace it no worries! :-)

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved