Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Garic,

I think he trusts his ideas about what people should believe more than their actual experience and their ability to think and act intelligently based on the information that their experience gives them.

People are not to be trusted because their judgements are tainted by their subjectivity. Thus, they have to go to other objective, scientific sources from which they can gather valid information.

Apparently, people should trust studies about their experiences done by others rather than their first hand knowledge.

Very sorry for my last post. My symptoms are the result of metal toxicity with tests showing high amounts of lead/cadmium/mercury and have absolutely nothing to do with the holosync as i mistakenly thought. I still have received no results from holosync after several years, just no ill effects.

What Centerpointe discusion forum? Please post the URL.

If you research it you will find that the Centerpointe Discussion Forum was discontinued about 4 years ago. Afterwords an interested individual started a private forum on Yahoo Groups. However, do to abuses, much the same experienced by the original Centerpointe Forum, it was also closed down.

I started and ran that forum.

Most people that attack Bill Harris and the Centerpointe Holosync program are primarily upset about the cost of the program. They use immature and absurd accusations to attack Bill Harris and the program. To them I suggest another program, The Sedona Method, let it go baby, just let it go, and while your at it, get a life.

Now for the same diatribe I posted countless times in MY, not Centerpointes, not Bill Harris’, forum….

1. If you purchase the program and don’t like it send it back and get your money back.

2. Holosync isn’t for everyone. Doesn’t claim to be.

3. Holosync isn’t a cult. Anyone who thinks so is delusional.

4. If it’s causing you problems to use Holosync… STOP USING IT!!! You fool!!!

There, I feel better.

Still syncing along,
Joe

Joe,

As one who is considering trying Holosync, tell me what you like about the program and what you think it has done for you. And why it is better than others out there.

It *appears* to me that the recordings of rain and the bowls have been done with high quality recording mics and electronics (just based on the sample I was sent). Some "high end" CD music lables say this is one way they separate themselves. Of course, this has nothing to do with the technical aspects or efficacy of the underlying program, which is the point of it all.

Thanks--

And I forgot to ask: I received an email saying it had been a month since I'd requested the sample, and they were now offering free shipping (big woop) and 2 other freebies:

"First, I want to "bribe you" with a free copy of my highly acclaimed book, Thresholds of the MInd. Jack Canfield, author of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books, and many other bestselling authors and world-famous personal growth teachers, have said that this book contained information that literally changed their lives.

Next,I also want you to have a 5-CD set of my talks at a Centerpointe retreat, worth $159.00. Thousands of people have paid up to $2,200.00 to learn this material at a Centerpointe retreat, but it's yours free as my way of saying "I'm sorry." "

I don't know what the "I'm sorry" is all about unless two solicitation letters got merged by mistake.

The question: are more and better offers mailed if I don't respond for a while?

I've been using H/S for ages now and I think it has made very a very positive difference to my life. I'm not very far along, I take it very slowly with lots of breaks if I am having a stressful time elsewhere in my life, or simply don't feel like listening for a while.

I have become more productive at work, more able to see another person's point of view when it is diametrically opposed to my own, more likely to just get on with what I need to do rather than procrastinating, better at physical stuff - I'm naturally clumsy and have noticed that things like skiing, which I was never very good at, are easier.

It is possible to feel stressed and overwhelmed when doing H/S. When this happens to me, I just take a break. The Silent Stim tape helps, also Sedona can be useful, or simply knowing when overwhelm is going to strike and stopping H/S for a while.

Jodi

The holosync discussion board is at http://pub28.ezboard.com/bcenterpointe

I'll just comment on the top three things that I have gained with holosync.

1. I enjoy life a lot more, I don't care nor do I worry about what people think of me. My wife would often say I was being paranoid, but not anymore. Basically I'm a happier man, not angry.

2. I no longer take medication for depression I just plain quit taking it. And I was on some pretty strong drugs, Elavil and Welbutrin.

3. I get sensations of euphoria the likes of which I don't remember since I was a child. When I'm with other people, or working with other people I get a wonderful sense love. These feeling that I get becomes more pronounced and comes on faster and lasts longer as I continue with holosync. I quit using holosync for a couple of months and those feelings and frequency of those euphoric episodes diminished. Now let me clarify; I can't put all of the credit for this with Holosync, I think the Sedona Method contributes to this also.

Personally, the sound of the meditation bowls and rain does nothing for me, and at first I found it rather irritating. I still don't find it soothing, I just put up with it. Whatever the background noise, it is immaterial, it's the function of the binaural beats that is important.

Keep in mind that you have nothing to loose trying the program, if it isn’t for you, get your money back.

Sync about it,
Joe

quote:
Originally posted by alvinmc:
Joe,

As one who is considering trying Holosync, tell me what you like about the program and what you think it has done for you. And why it is better than others out there.

It *appears* to me that the recordings of rain and the bowls have been done with high quality recording mics and electronics (just based on the sample I was sent). Some "high end" CD music lables say this is one way they separate themselves. Of course, this has nothing to do with the technical aspects or efficacy of the underlying program, which is the point of it all.

Thanks--

Interesting thread...

I've read Michael Hutchison's book Megabrain several times. It is peculiar for him to claim that Holosync is 'dangerous' when his book has a whole chapter devoted to sound and lots of information on binaural beats. All written from the perspective of positive benefits. Has Hutchison come to the conclusion that all binaural beats are bad? Is he concerned specifically about Holosync because of the lower frequencies than typical binaural beats? What would be the difference between Holosync, Hemisync,or Dane Spott's VERY LOW frequency technologies?

I've used Holosync for four years and don't have any brain damage I am aware of. That said, transendental meditation, without holosync or any technlogical assistance, does have the potential for problems in some people.

As Bill Harris says himself, the real beauty of meditation is that it pushes your brain beyond it's current limits where it is forced to reorganize at higher levels. This for me has always turned out positive and I assume for 99.999% of people it would.

But let's say for example you have a pre-existing brain aneurysm. I'm no neuro expert... But I'm not so sure that I would put on an hour of Holosync Level 4 before going into surgery the next day; simply because the structures of the brain are compromised because of the aneurysm and may simply not be able to handle the stimulus and reorganize as a healthy brain would. So I believe the safety factor of Holosync is much like that of a long distance runner. Fine for 99.9% of people to do but if you have a heart valve defect or a clogged artery it could be dangerous. I'm just not sure there has been enough research to suggest that it would 100% safe in people that have pre-existing physical defects in brain structure.

Futhermore, I called Centerpointe several years ago because I was having lots of tingling sensations in my brain, feelings like sinus pressure, and my ears would feel like I was at high altitude. Most of the sensations were very pleasureable but some were quiet uncomfortable. The people at Centerpointe told me that it was completely normal to have these sensations and that as my brain chemistry changes and 'evolves' to a higher level there would be strange sensations. That was several years ago and they were very right.

That brings me to my other 'concern' about Holosync that Centerpointe would never talk about. I'm not so certain that I now have the ability to really tell if I were having some sort of physical brain problem that is serious and real, or that I'm just having the common sensations resulting from meditating with Holosync. Because I'm now conditioned to basically ignore all these sensations (good & bad), and I've never had a stroke or aneurysm; I think there could be the possibilty that I could ignore a serious problem in the future, that without doing Holosync, I would have known was serious and would have seeked medical attention.

With all that said... I seriously love doing Holosync, it really does work and I plan to keep doing it. Meditation is not for everyone and even in tradtional meditation there are plenty of critics that claim you can damage your brain. Basically suggesting that for whatever reason, some people's brains do not rise to the challenge and in some way are affected very negatively as a result. While Hutchison tried to get people to look for negative info on Holosync, he could have easily directed people to look up dangers associated with mediation in general. One site, http://www.yogadangers.com/, talks specifically about circumstances when meditation triggers a "Kundalini Awakening." Bill Harris mentions in one of his articles that his early experiences with holosync triggered this in their research. Of course these were much lower frequencies than the awakening prologue starts you out at.

I believe for a healthy, non-diseased brain the physical danger from Holosync or any sort of meditation is next to nothing. But just like thousands of athletea that go out and runs 10 miles everyday, every once in a while there is a person whose cardiovascualar system, cannot handle the stimulous and they have some sort of heart failure.

That is why someone can't suggest that Holosync or meditation can kill you without acknowledging that running, swimming, biking, or just about any intense physical workout can kill people too. But that doesn't mean people stop working out and it doesn't mean that someone shouldn't meditate.

Good luck all!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved