Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#15827 02/04/05 04:24 PM
OP Offline

Babayada,

I love Pink Floyd, and there is no doubt that it puts one in a psychedelic type of mind frame. Just like there are certain songs, which when they come on the radio, cause a 100 degree change of my mood or mind state, from being blah, to totally upbeat (maybe a little bit of the Pavlovian principle working here too).

But do these audio streams put one in the so called "awakened mind state"? - the mind state which can be physically measured, recorded, and compared using instruments such as the EEG or MRI?

Not that this state or the physical sensations one may feel when being in that state are necessarily going to be superior or more euphoric than listening to Pink Floyd or one of the other songs. All it would indicate is that one's brain wave pattern is similiar to that noticed in experienced, long term meditators. Maybe the reason that these people dedicate so much of their time, and put them selves through so much (rigor?) to reach that state is beneficial in some way? - I would hope so!

In fact Paul Scheele in one of his seminars remarks that his feeling is that the state of enlightenment may actually be quite boring, because everything will be so calm and peaceful! Or maybe not, maybe one will feel things much more intensely than normal, but be able to handle them? Who knows!!!

#15828 02/04/05 04:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by babayada:
A lot of really good stuff is not indicated for these purposes specifically, although the states they produce are why people buy them. The only difference is in the way people talk about them, really.

Oh, yes! For just one example, I've known many people who have listened to a CD called "Dorje Ling" by David Parsons and experienced a significant spiritual opening/awakening--on the spot. (I am one of them!) I also find it incredibly healing on many levels, whether just through listening or while doing other healing work. It's not marketed for that purpose, but lots of us sure use it for that purpose!

Someone also asked about the possible placebo effect--you know, placebo effect is Good Stuff if you can get it. It's been known to bring about complete cures and other wonders. The trouble is, once something is labeled as such, all those miracles go into hiding. Pity.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved