Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
OP Offline

Let's start this post by saying that I am a user of Holosync, going on three years now. Recently, I read a book that profoundly struck me because it sounded like the author was describing Holosync and Centerpointe's marketing strategy. That book was "The 48 Laws of Power," by Robert Greene. Specifically, Law 27, " Play on People's Need to Create a Cultlike Following" where he lists 5 steps to creating a cult or selling snake oil.

For Example, see the following excerpts:

Step 1: "Keep it Vague, Keep it Simple:" ...create the impression of specialized knowledge..the combination of vague promises, cloudy but alluring concepts, and fiery enthusiasm will stir people's souls and a group will form around you.

Step 2: "Emphasize the Visual and the Sensual over the Intellectual." "you might even tickle the mind, perhaps by using new technological gadgets to give yoru cult a pseudo-scientific veneer."

Step 3: "Borrow the Forms of ORganized Religion to Structure the Group." "Create rituals for your followers; organize them into a hierarchy, ranking them in grades of sanctity, and giving thme names and titles that resound with religious overtones;ask them for sacrifices that will fill your coffers."

Step 5: "Set Up an Us-Verses-Them Dynamic." "Make sure your followers believe they are part of an exclusive club."

I'd strongly encourage other Holosync users to read this chapter of Greene's book; I would be very interested to hear if others had the same reaction that I did. In literature, the phrase is "the Shock of Recognition."

Publius

Thank you Publuis or Rick2004 or Fear Not or.....Hudge Dave at what other names you are using when surving the web with your mission.

You are at least consistent in your postings
and your hate of hs or Bill H.

Cheers,

OP Offline

Ah, Frodo, just read the book and judge for yourself. You might recognize a little of yourself in it. To wit:

"...to strengthen this bond, manufacture the notion of a devious enemy out to ruin you. There is a force of nonbelievers that will do anything to stop you. Any outsider who tries to reveal the charlatan nature of your belief system can now be described as a member of this devious force."

"If you have no enemies, invent one. Given a straw man to react against, your followers will tighten and cohere. They have your cause to believe in and infidels to destroy."

[This message has been edited by Publius1776 (edited February 12, 2005).]

Greene's book is pretty interesting.

I got the one on seduction, too. I like his historical anecdotes.

Another good book along these lines is The True Believer by Eric Hoffer.

Publius,

You did recommend that book already in a thread on the Ebay forum.
I guess only your name was a bit different
"Contrarian" or. so.

Read your thread below.

Cheers,

Two book recommendations for Holosync users:

1. "Midnight" by Dean Koontz. Tells the story of a power-mad businessman (clearly modeled after Bill Gates) who invents a technology to improve people. Descriptions of "New People" and "Old People" "Before and After the Change." Some of the new people, however, don't take well to the procedure/technology and become known as "Regressives." Reads like a really bad case of overwhelm.

2. "The 48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene. Particularly, Law 27, "Play on People's Need to Believe to Create a Cultlike Following." In this chapter Greene outlines the steps and procedures to creating a cult or selling snake oil. Some of the techniques will sound very familiar to Holosync users.

[This message has been edited by Frodo02 (edited February 12, 2005).]

Publius

Other than you what enemies does Bill Harris/Centerpoint have?

Long term the enemy thing doesn't work. Any successful take over involves gaining the Marks trust and becoming indispensible. Then you gain control and take over the world. It's really easy strategy but alot of work.

It's much easier to inject paranoia and uncertainty, throwing wrenches in turbines.
Putting holes in peoples minds, sticking their attention. Break up harmony and peace, create stress. "The sky is falling". Gotta make a market here.

It seems obvious you are using the technic you describe to create your own cult. Gotta pick a really good enemy like the Wrestlers do or no one will notice.

Be Beautiful

quote:
Originally posted by Frodo02:
Thank you Publuis or Rick2004 or Fear Not or.....Hudge Dave at what other names you are using when surving the web with your mission.

You are at least consistent in your postings
and your hate of hs or Bill H.

Cheers,

I am sorry Frodo, but I am not one of these other guys. I am Rick2004 here and Sailingdutchmen on the centerpointe discussionforum, so you can track all my posts.

I am a sceptic who asks questions out of insecurity with the product. That does not make me a hater of Bill Harris.

Sorry Rick for my wrong speculation in regard to your name.

You must have copied one of Hudge Dave's thread from the Ebay board and posted it here. From that simularity I got the wrong conclusion.

Cheers,

I'm not Publius or Fear Not either, but I still think Bill Harris and his 'harmless' technology deserves a bit more scrutiny, by feds and fans alike. I have personally found Harris to be rather economical with the truth at times, and there is no question in my mind that holosync is capable of ruining people's lives. Spend your money elsewhere, that's my advice. There are lots of wonderful and fascinating self development tools out there, and I would have to guess that not only are they almost always safer to use, but oftentimes less expensive and much more effective too. And you don't have to deal with a company run by someone like Bill Harris.

quote:
Originally posted by Publius1776:
Recently, I read a book that profoundly struck me because it sounded like the author was describing Holosync and Centerpointe's marketing strategy. That book was "The 48 Laws of Power," by Robert Greene. Specifically, Law 27, " Play on People's Need to Create a Cultlike Following" where he lists 5 steps to creating a cult or selling snake oil.

(Much snippage for the sake of brevity)

Some have speculated that you're the same person who has posted here before, who knows, and perhaps more importantly, it doesn't really matter. The agenda seems to be the same--get CP.

The question I have is a simple one. You (and perhaps other screen names) have made it abundantly clear what you're against (CP, Bill Harris). What, then are you FOR?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved