Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

quote:
Originally posted by Jeanne:
(Much snippage for the sake of brevity)

Some have speculated that you're the same person who has posted here before, who knows, and perhaps more importantly, it doesn't really matter. The agenda seems to be the same--get CP.

The question I have is a simple one. You (and perhaps other screen names) have made it abundantly clear what you're against (CP, Bill Harris). What, then are you FOR?

I would guess that he is FOR holosync, seeing as he claims to still be using it.

OP Offline

I am for:

1. Truth in advertising.
2. Healthy skepticism.
3. Buyer Beware.
4. Second opinions.
5. Open minds.
6. Differences of opinion.
7. Freedom of speech.
8. Questioning, probing, challenging.
9. Healthy debate and discussion.

JeffDengr, unlike Bill Harris, I'm not trying to sell anything. I recommend people visit their local public library to check out a free copy of Greene's book.

It's amazing how personally people on this board and others take ANY questioning of Holosync and Bill Harris. Chill people! Or, as Master Guru Bill says, "release, and let everything that happens be OK."

But, in answer to your other question, Jeff, Bill Harris has many other enemies. Just visit the other board you refer to and observe how viciously Mr. Harris occassionally responds to criticism.

I openly admitted in my first post that I have used Holosync for three years and I continue to do so. However, as an intelligent human being, that does not mean I do not continue to re-evaluate its effectiveness and impact and research many of the claims made by Centerpointe.

I always despised people who criticized Farenheit 911 without having seen the movie and many many years ago, the "Last Temptation of Christ."

In fact, I have read Bill's book, "Thresholds of the Mind," and many of the primary resources Bill refers to in that book and on his webpage. So I'm not just some bomb-throwing inciter of hate who is uninformed about Bill Harris or unexperienced with Holosync.

I posted the quotes from the Greene book because they might raise important questions for those who are using or contemplating Holosync. And isn't that one of the purposes of this board? I never said, "DON'T use holosyc" or "Bill Harris is the Devil incarnate." I just recommended that people take a look at that book, judge for themselves and share their thoughts if they'd like.

"Be Well,"

Publius.

quote:
Originally posted by Publius1776:
I am for:

1. Truth in advertising.
2. Healthy skepticism.
3. Buyer Beware.
4. Second opinions.
5. Open minds.
6. Differences of opinion.
7. Freedom of speech.
8. Questioning, probing, challenging.
9. Healthy debate and discussion.

Well, then, since #6 says you're for differences of opinion, then you should understand we have one here when it comes to Harris et al. I don't see the demons you do.

And truthfully--I don't see any lack of truth in advertising, since it does seem to work for some folks. Most meds, in fact, will have the same uneven results. One size SELDOM fits all. For instance, aspirin makes my ears ring and gives me headaches. Should it be banned because of my reaction, which is doubtless in the minority? A lot of people really benefit from the drug. It would be a shame to ban it.

If you don't like HS, don't use it. What's wrong with letting other people make up their own minds?

Learning Strategies Admin

Folks I don't mind discussion for or against a product. For or against a marketing strategy. In fact I like it because generally I find it useful, so I'm all for it.

But please, please watch, what you say about other people. That includes people who post and the marketers of the products under discussion.

In the wise words of Thumper's Father (Bambi) "If you cant say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all." Please consider that before you post a negative remark about a person, including implying they shouldn't be posting; it's very easy to be taken as flaming. And just because the person you are making comments about is not participating in the discussion, is not an acceptable reason to make negative remarks about them, it can still be taken as flaming since it can offend personal friends and supporters. If that is the intention, then it's flaming.

There have been posts whenever Holosync has been discussed that would have been deleted by me on any of the other forums because they attack the messenger not the message. To date I've ignored it because there are just so many borderline post and since it is an emotionally charged topic they are probably not even intentional.

However we cannot allow it to continue. I am asking your help to keep it on topic.

In future, if necessary I will either edit or delete posts that attack the messenger or makes negative remarks about another person, because they not help the discussion.

This post was difficult for me to write so I hope you understand.

If you agree with me just smile and nod.

Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Serafin:
there is no question in my mind that holosync is capable of ruining people's lives.

Why is there "no question in your mind"? Because you have actually witnessed holosync ruin someone's life? Please share the details of this experience with us.

I laughed when I read that "law" The five steps were very familiar

The first time I saw them was in 1981. It was in my Advertising course. The 5 steps of successful advertising. Worded differently but the methods both the same and in the same order. It was a bit like reading a book in ye Olde English modernised. Greene had summerised the chapters the way I understood them from the course. What amused me most is the course highlighed a softdrink giant as an example for the approach.

Create a need for your product, (course went into human needs etc). The need may not be obvious so you need to e.g. Softdrink giant, no one needs softdrink to survive as a human right... wrong, look again at the need for survival this softdrink giant created, it's implied (in other words vague)remember KISS.

Step two
Emphasis Visual and sensual. In the course step two Sex sells better than appealing to the intellect. Notice in the Softdrink giant campaign the use of bikini clad people having fun on the beach (hasn't changed much over the years), it appeals to the sensual.

Step three,
Show them how your product will elevate their status and make them superiour to others. Again softdrink giant as example. The nerdy guy turns into a hunk after drinking the softdrink and becomes a pretty girl magnet.

Step four.
Give incentives, use funds to give gifts and prizes. Promote the business by sponsoring programs (how like disguising your source of income is that?) Again softdrink giant examples.

Step 5.
Don't ignore your competitors create a following with effective marketing strategies like softdrink giant example "The Challenge"

In the course it was an effical marketing method in the course called "How to Create Loyal Customers in Five Easy Steps". In the book its The Science of Charlatanism or How to Create a Cult in Five Easy Steps.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited February 13, 2005).]

Hey Publius,

Has it ever occurred to you that if you have used the holosync product for three years without feeling anything or experiencing any benefits in your life, it may be advisable to stop paying money for and using the product?

OP Offline

Garics, where in any of my posts did I ever say that never felt anything or experienceding any benefit?

Jeanne, when did I ever suggest that Holosync be banned?

Peace,
Publius

quote:
Originally posted by Publius1776:
Garics, where in any of my posts did I ever say that never felt anything or experienceding any benefit?

Would you care to share some of those positive experiences and benefits you have received from using holosync?

Because in your first post, you said the description in the book was one of selling "snake oil", which means "a worthless product". How do you reconcile the positive benfits you have received from holosync with your "profound realization" that Bill Harris is a snake oil salesman.

So he's a snake-oil salesman, but he's selling a product that has worked for you and benfited you in your life? Please clarify.

[This message has been edited by garics (edited February 14, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by garics (edited February 14, 2005).]

quote:
Jeanne, when did I ever suggest that Holosync be banned?

Peace,
Publius[/B]

I'm not sure that I said you did. I simply used the aspirin analogy. The remedy the FDA would have taken would have been a banning--HS is not a drug however. (But note, accusations and insinuations like these did pretty much shut down the research and sales of the Rife products.)

On the other hand, painting a company as a cult isn't exactly very flattering, is it?

As an aside, and slightly off-topic, is everyone aware that in the US, supplements could be taken off the "over the counter" market this summer?

Someone is always trying to "save us from ourselves" it seems...I would hate to see the same thing happen to these new technlogies like HS and those taught at Learning Stratagies.

In my opinion, people should be allowed to make up their own minds. The feds are seldom ever good caretakers--they allow horrendous drugs on the market, yet want to squelch supplements. Some people posting here have actually suggested that the feds be brought in to check HS. If they do, no good can come of it, and the ripple effect might harm more than just CenterPointe.

Just my 2 cents, although probably worth far less.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved