Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Garic,

Actually, that was pretty amusing.

There is a lot to be said about expectation/placebo effect with NLP.

If you read my message again, however, you'll see that I do indicate that I think the technology does do something, but also that expectation and other factors have a lot to do with it. I feel the same thing about NLP.

babyada,

I agree that the backgrounds on Holosync (at least the demo - I haven't committed to buying the real thing yet) are awfully good. But if you ARE able to make a reasonable facsimile, I'd love to have a copy. And, I guess the binaural beats and low freq backgounds are easily duplicated, huh? That is, a .3 binaural beat is a .3 binaural beat is a .3 binaural beat....?
That would leave open the discussion of whether or not Harris has certain aspects of a "secret recipe" that he doesn't disclose or discuss...

BTW, I sure wish you and Garics would add a few words of wisdom (here or on my other thread)about sound/light devices, NLP, etc. Don't make me grovel...

Well, I am going to basically rip the floating cd to a high quality .wav file and then add a low carrier .3 binaural beat to it.

I cannot give out the resulting CD, because the soundtrack on Floating is copyrighted by Centerpointe. Once I do it, however, and use it for a while, I will post the results here.

And, yeah, I am willing to bet there are a few "secret ingredients" in their CDs. But who knows? We'll see.

I'm really not saying that it (holosync) is all garbage. I've tried to put enough of that sentiment into my recent posts to convey my feelings about that.

I am currently at the point where I feel there are diminshing returns to my listening to the holosync tracks, but I'll stay with it for a while and see. Granted, there are people who spend years with it (as we've all read) before really seeing amazing results. *shrugs* I don't know if I'll have that patience. I certainly don't plan to purchase any more products from Centerpointe. I'm not going to do that Inner Circle thing and $300 bucks a level is too much.

Maybe someone will really produce some outstanding products of a similar nature for a more reasonable price. The Insight CD from Awakened Minds is just ... eh ... just sorta puts me to sleep.

quote:
Originally posted by alvinmc:
babyada,

I agree that the backgrounds on Holosync (at least the demo - I haven't committed to buying the real thing yet) are awfully good. But if you ARE able to make a reasonable facsimile, I'd love to have a copy.

alvin,

you can make holosync Awakening Prologue with BrainWave Generator, which you download for free at BWGen.com. I gave some instructions and listed the specific frequencies for this procedure in the Alan Hilton thread "Binaural Beats EEG etc."
...Of course, you will be getting pink or brown noise as an overlay instead of the rain and those lovely singing bowl sounds, but I think you'll survive.

As far as any "secrets" in the holosync programming, no I don't see any. I got the exact same benefits from my own recipes as from the ones I ordered from the "research institute"... I was at the end of Flowering Level 1 when I began creating my own tracks....and yes I am "one of those people" who started getting noticeable, positive, and continuing results from holosync in less than a week.

The only secret to the program besides the info listed in that post, is that each subsequent level of the program drops the carrier frequency by about 10Hz or so...so eventually in "Flowering 4" you are getting down to the lower limit of human frequency perception.

Only disadvantage to doing this is that you may get slight headaches and little unwanted side-effects like that from the meditation as you create the follow-up levels, I'm not sure if anyone has listed the precise frequencies for those levels yet.... I think part of what they've "researched" at Centerpointe is what precise combo of frequencies are most likely to avoid those side effects. But keep in mind, these side effects are pretty minor if you're like me.

So anyway...now I've saved you $4000 or so on doing the entire Centerpointe program. I have a couple other recommendations but I'll list them in your other thread.

[This message has been edited by garics (edited February 23, 2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by babayada:
Garic,

Actually, that was pretty amusing.

Well I'm glad you received it in the manner I intended. Smiley face, right back at ya.

quote:

I feel the same thing about NLP.

Yes, but there's a reason why you have never actually SAID THAT about NLP before, correct?

[This message has been edited by garics (edited February 23, 2005).]

quote:
Well, I am going to basically rip the floating cd to a high quality .wav file and then add a low carrier .3 binaural beat to it.

babayada,

You're going to ramp down to that 0.3 Hz beat, right? I would definitely recommend doing this for best results....this is just from my experience with making these low-carrier kinds of tracks. Maybe starting at 12-15 Hz, or whatever you personally prefer.

Garic,

I suppose there are many reasons why I never thought of it that way and never said it. It's an interesting subject for discussion, though.

Well, I tried the .3 binaural beat thing. It made me nauseous. Listening to the holosync track, it sounds like there isn't just one binaural beat, it sounds like there may be two layered or something like that. It also sounds like the beats are "softened" a little. The direct sine wave tones I generated with BWGEN were a little too strong. I think I am going to try the sine^3 wave with the .3 beat next and see how that goes.

quote:
Garic,

It also sounds like the beats are "softened" a little. The direct sine wave tones I generated with BWGEN were a little too strong. I think I am going to try the sine^3 wave with the .3 beat next and see how that goes.

That's a good point, I have always had pretty good luck with the regular sine wave so I never considered that might be what produces some of the "harshness" of those BWGEn tracks.

BTW, how long did you listen to the 80 Hz carrier? I think that is close to the tone that caused Bill and his friends to freak out in the early days...but as the story goes they were using this one for several hours.

guys,I guess my point with all my questions to Centerpointe is this.Tha answers may not be any of my business,but if they were to answer them,it would show goodwill.These are the same people who want our testimonials.Interesting.I see in the latest newsletter that they are working on a new study.

quote:
Originally posted by showmetheway:
guys,I guess my point with all my questions to Centerpointe is this.Tha answers may not be any of my business,but if they were to answer them,it would show goodwill.These are the same people who want our testimonials.Interesting.I see in the latest newsletter that they are working on a new study.

They are always working on a new study - at least they have been for the last five years since I became a customer.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved