Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Garics: you can make holosync Awakening Prologue with BrainWave Generator, which you download for free at BWGen.com. I gave some instructions and listed the specific frequencies for this procedure in the Alan Hilton thread "Binaural Beats EEG etc."
...Of course, you will be getting pink or brown noise as an overlay instead of the rain and those lovely singing bowl sounds, but I think you'll survive.

Actually, I enjoy the rain and bowl sounds on the demo I was sent. It seems to be a very good recording.

If I order the first set of CDs from Counterpointe, could I replecate the other sets in the series by recording from my original CDs and adding some different frequencies with the Brainwave Generator? Or would that not work because I would not be able to eliminate the binaural frequencies on the original CDs?

And - thanks for saving me 4 thousand dollars :-)

Oh, I wasn't trying to say I didn't like the singing bowls, actually I do. Although after listening to holosync tracks for all those years, I would have welcomed a change at some point.

No you wouldn't want to layer another binaural beat over the one that's already there. The tones you used for the lower carrier would mix with the original tones, which would create another binaural beat at a completely different frequency...

The best thing is probably just to find a music or "relaxation" CD that has similiar sounds to those you like on the holosync CD's....I know they're out there, most large music stores have a pretty good selection of envirnmental or music sounds. Just make sure there aren't any binaural beats on it, or you could run into that same problem.

Send me an email if you need any more info regarding this procedure.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Check the Dollar shops. Here in Australia you can get nature sound CDs for about $2 each instead of $30 average for a CD. A good variety too and some have some light music which can make hour long listening more enjoyable. Good for variety. Also someone once posted a link for a program called Atmosphere Lite. You can record the sound effects like rain, streams and thunderstorms.
http://www.relaxingsoftware.com/atmlitehome.htm

Alex

Hi All,

I've done a lot of research on the CDs, using Adobe Audition's analysis tools to determine exactly what the soundtracks were or were not made of, and using that same software to create my own personal variations.

I'll try and give the exact "recipe" for Holosync CDs.
First I'll state what I've found to be inside those tracks, and second I'll give my advice for making personal tracks.

What’s in a Holosync soundtrack ?
1) one sine wave in each ear. One is constant, the other varies in the dive tracks. In immersion tracks, they are both constant. (not present in the “floating” soundtracks);
2) Raindrops (not present in the “floating” soundtracks);
3) Glass Bells (only in Dive, not in the Immersion soundtracks);
4) A peak in frequency at 15500 Hz, where the “Autofonix Silent Affirmations” are “modulated” (this is not present in AP, only in AL 1 and upward;
5) Nothing else. Sorry folks, there’s no “secret something else” in the soundtracks, special technology or what, that would make it more effective than other BW soundtracks from other makers.

Hey ! If there’s no “secret technology”, what makes the Holosync CDs so much more effective ?
In my opinion :
1) the use of the Dive before going into the “deep” meditation : it kind of “heats up and stretches the brain in preparation of the “exercise” it’s going to take;
2) the raindrops. White or brown noise are known in BW literature for enhancing the effect of binaureal beats. But it’s a real pain to listen to ! The raindrop sound is a random sound that has the same effect of enhancing the binaureal beats, but with the added benefit of being relaxing to the ear, instead of irritating like the white or brown noise;
3) the “revolutionary” Virtual Audio recording technology. It does make the whole listening less a strain on the ear.
All in all, it’s just remarkably well engineered soundtracks that put no strain on the listener. Other BW soundtracks are clearly not as “polished”.

What are the Binaureal Beats ?
1) in Dive : panning from 10 to 2 Hz in the first 20 minutes, and staying constant at 2 Hz for the last 10 Minutes;
2) In Immersion : 2 Hz, for ½ an hour;
3) In Immersion 1.5 : unsurprisingly, 1.5 Hz, for ½ an hour;
4) In Immersion 0.5 : 0.5 Hz, for ½ an hour;
5) In Immersion 0.3 : 0.3 Hz, for ½ an hour;
6) In Quietude (bonus CD in AP) : 10 Hz, for ½ an hour.
7) In Oasis (bonus CD in AP) : 8 Hz, for ½ an hour.

Here is the list of carrier frequencies
In the Online Demo : 80Hz
In Awakening Prologue : 140 Hz
In the Quietude and Oasis CD : 80 Hz
In Awakening Level 1 : 120 Hz
In Awakening Level 2 : 100 Hz

I'm currently on AL 2, so I have no real idea what the frequencies for lower levels are. I might post them when I receive the subsequent levels, if anyone is interested. I tend to think that Purification 1 uses 80Hz as a carrier frequency, but it’s only a guess, based on answers I’ve received from the Centerpointe staff regarding the relative “potency” of the Oasis and Quietude soundtracks compared to those of the levels of the program…

How to create Homemade Sountracks that sound (almost) as good as Centerpointe ?
1) rip the Immersion soundtrack to a .wav file.
2) Do a low-pass filter at 15000 Hz to eliminate the “Silent Affirmations”, if you’re using a second-hand CD
3) Eliminate the BB sine waves by filtering out all frequencies in a segment of +to-15 Hz around the carrier frequency (140 for AP, 120 for AL1, 100 for AL2, …). You’ve created a “naked” raindrops soundtrack.
4) Select the Carrier frequency you want for a lower level. Create Dive and several Immersion BB tracks, and then mix that with the “naked” raindrops soundtrack. Correct setting for the volume of the sine waves should be at minus30dB.
5) Et voila!
You could also mix in some favorite music of yours, if you like.

Actually, I'm already an "inner circle" member, so all of the above is really useless information in my case (I only wanted to figure it all out for curiosity's sake) : my 1800$ are already spent, and I'll get all my CDs the day I ask for them without having to cash out anything more.

Although I think after analyzing the AP tracks I had enough technical knowledge to create reasonably effective tracks similar to the rest of the program, my reasons for deciding to buy the whole program were the following :
1) Centerpointe's soundtracks really sound better than what I created myself;
2) I can get their customer support as much as I need, and I do find it helpful at some crucial times;
3) Since they've made their program so effective (judging from the effect AP had on me) I tended to trust the way they organize the rest of the levels (how they devised the progression for the carrier frequencies for each level)
4) cashing out the full price for the whole program was a way to assure myself that I'd be committed to go through the whole program in its entirety. I know I often lose courage in the long run. Havy paid 1800$ would give myself a permanent reminder : "you've paid dear money for it, you'd better make the maximum use of it !".
5) Since I intended to do the whole program, it was cheaper that way !

Once again, a super-long post !
I hope it’s useful for everyone around…

Cheers to all.

Erwan

Oh, yes, missing ino in my previous post :
The online Demo's BB is panning 10Hz to 8z in 20 minutes.

AP's Immersion is 2hz for 1/2 an hour. The deeper immersions are only in sbsequent levels of the program, as most of you already know...

Erwan

Erwan,

Thanks for the great informational post and your analytical "dissection" of the various ingredients of holosync.

I have only used the free sample they send out, but I was very impressed with the quality of the recording (without an opinion about the validity of the underlying theraputic value). It is obvious to me that it was probably done with high quality microphones and mixing equipment, and had a much better sonic quality than most environmental sound CDs (such as what Alex mentioned on an earlier post).

I am curious, though, as to why your reproductions did not sound quite as good as the originals. Could it be the conversion to a .wav file, which is often described as a "lossy" conversion (like mp3 - unless I'm mistaken) - causes a noticeable deterioration of the sound quality?

Hi Alvinmc,

I think the reason my "homemade" BW CDs didn't sound as good as the Centerpointe ones is just that I'm not a preofessional sound engineer.
I used environmental sounds CDs that you can find in any disk store, so it's not the quality of the samples that was a problem. And I did all my mixing in .wav formats, without any compression, so no loss.
I think it's just that the guys at Centerpinte have a BIG experience at making thos CDs, and they know exactly what the right settings (volume levels, reverberation effects, 3D effects, filtering, etc...) to make it as pleasing, relaxing, and therefore effective as possible.

That's why you pay someone to do somehting you are able to do yourself : because he's able to do it much better than you :-)

Cheers,

Erwan

Erwan,

I misunderstood part of what you did. I thought you recorded the HS sound effects (rain, chimes) then filtered out the carrier frequency and added/changed it. In essence, I thought you had the basic HS "background sounds" then added another carrier frequency and/or affirmations. But, instead, you just took other (non - HS) environmental sounds CDs and added the other HS "ingredients" (carrier frequency, binaural beats, etc)?

Hi Alvinmc,

I ALSO did do what you describe. It worked very well.

I just can't manage to find a way to do the filtering correctly on the Dive soundtracks (which have the bells), as their frequencies are changing throughout the sountrack...

Anyway, I've already paid for the whole program, so I'll get my next level CDs pretty soon. I just did this for the fun, in order to create some personal variations on the CDs (exploring other Brainwave rythms, etc...)

Cheers,

Erwan

Alvinmc,

Regarding your considering to buy the Holosync program or not, i would give you the following advice :
Buy Awakening Prologue, and then after 4 or 5 months, buy Awakening level 1.
With those first two levels you will get TONS of material and support from Centerpointe, and since you seem to be technologically savvy, you can continue by yourself from there on.
A big part of the price you pay for in the program is due to the customer support. It's really excellent, these guys have a loit of experience dealing with the various phenomena that can arise in response to intense meditation. It's a real help and I think it's worth the price...

I hope this helps you !

Erwan

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved