Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
lad Offline

I'm on AL2, getting AL3 soon (fell for the new "Gamma Compassion" soundtrack pitch, but I was waiting for the BiAnnual Centerpoint Sales Pitch anyway!).

Been at it for over 2 years. I've gotten interesting results with BWGEN too. But, as already said, Holosync seems to work alot smoother, has better support, and they seem to know what they're doing.

I did TM for nearly 10 years, the last 3 or so with group and Sidhis practice. I saw alot of "unstressing" surrounding it, but not nearly as much practical benefit or progress as with Holosync (but I'm much older and more settled now, too!).

I can easily believe that some people have had Kundalini blowout with Holosync, just as I've seen with TM or any other practice. I do think the support at Centerpointe is far more detailed and practical then the TM org gave us plebians. The cost pans out to be the same as TM/Sidhis course, too, but Holosynce is a much better investment of time and money for me, so far.

I can't vouch for Bill, and like it that way. Sure, he's a born pitchman, and may have a temperment problem with some people. But that ominous posting about "cult and exclusivity tactics" are not much different than the MLMs, ad campaign, or designer fads I've seen come and go.

Besides, everyone thinks they have "the best," otherwise, why would they even bother? And Centerpointe never said you can't practice anything else along with Holo (if they were an "exclusive cult," rather than another hustling business, they wouldn't muddy the water with all that junk mail for other programs!). I try to fit in a little yoga, Zazen and walking meditation during the day, and I get much better results and focus than I did before trying Holosync.

So no cult, guru, diet or dresscode scene for me. Just send me the disks and materials and be done with it.

When, and if, I come across something better (and cheaper), I'll have no qualms about jumping ship. (besides, I can't afford the "insider's circle). (One guy on eBay will sell me his own "equivalent, or better," tracks for $80 each. But he still would rather have me start with a beginner's track, because he believes his tracks are even more powerful.)

[This message has been edited by lad (edited May 03, 2005).]

Hi Lad
In your post you stated "...(fell for the new "Gamma Compassion" soundtrack pitch,..."

What is that?

Thanks
Nickie

lad Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Nickie:
Hi Lad
In your post you stated "...(fell for the new "Gamma Compassion" soundtrack pitch,..."

What is that?

Thanks
Nickie

Well, Centerpointe apparently has a discount sale offer (with spread payment plans) every Nov. and April - usually with bonus items - like "New Autofonix and 3D audio" and such. Last Nov., it was a bonus of some of Bill's courses. This time, it's the "opportunity" to be one of the field testers for their "first new product in over a decade."

IT GOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

Seems that Bill noticed an article about Buddhist brain research in the WSJ. Says while monks practice the Metta Compassion exercise, their brains appear to give out very high (50 MHZ) "Gamma" frequencies.
Sooooo, he and his audio posse tried rigging up a soundtrack to do the same. Bill says it works and puts you in that compassionate, happy, energized Metta state right away (and hey, he's even gonna include some subliminal affirmations on top of that!).
So, ORDER YOUR NEXT LEVEL NOW and get this probably-will-soon-be-released-separately-at-$100 new soundtrack (and be obliged to send in an experiential report in 1-2 months, tho' I don't think they're gonna come knocking down your door for one).
I was gonna bite anyway, so the added track helped spur the decision (plus some added reports and his recorded UN talk to boot).

Oh yeah, seems the Gamma frequency cuts loose with a lot of those twitchie "kriyas," apparently indicating a lotta "purification" (even if you're a Bill Harris!).
So, those of you with things like the forementioned psycho/neurological mish-mash going on probably should sit this one out. (JMHO, not saying that I don't expect some pinball action myself from this kinda stuff).

I have been reading all of these post about centerpointe and holosync and have yet to find some kind of intrinsic value in the whole debate it is just a constant swing in polarity from recomenders to discrediters, for some one new to read all of these posts it is just one more long list of information to confuse someone, there is never any resolution. It just makes me feel like I am at a presidential debate between the republicans and the democrats. Each "canditate" has his own opinion upon the given subject and but it never really reaches and end. it is just a verbal toying with polarity. making large sweeping swings from extreme left to extreme right until someone new joins in the debate at a neutral point and is swept away into the swaying.
so what I am really getting at is what meaning does all of this have for you?
Is it a heart felt testemonial of what works for you or is it an unconcious attempt to recruit more followers of the way of "MY WAY"? just my two cents.

Are your comments here a heartfelt testimonial or just an attempt to discredit everyone who has actually used the product and is offering their comments on this thread?

It is easy to stand on the sidelines and produce aesthetic descriptions of what's wrong with eveyone else; quite another to actually contribute something meaningful that could be of definite benefit to someone who is out there searching and trying to make sense of these tools. That is the purpose and objective of most of the posters here IMO. This whole world is uncharted territory, and we are all here together trying to make sense of it for ourselves and others.

Of course there are squabbles and confrontations; that is human nature and some kind of subjective idealism is not the remedy. Unless you happen to live in an environment in which every disagreement is resolved every time, with total agreement and crystal clarity among all those who participate. If you do I would love to hear more about it.

If you read carefully through the last few threads on holosync I think you will actually find some very useful information and discussion regarding appropriate use of the product; data regarding its effects as reported by users as well as measured by various devices, as well as debate about whether other products are or could be more useful.

But if what you really want is to reach a point of clarity about the effectiveness of holosnc FOR YOU, I would recommned that you start off with the free sample on the Centerpointe website, or construct a homeade version on BWGen.

lad Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by garics:
[B]Are your comments here a heartfelt testimonial or just an attempt to discredit everyone who has actually used the product and is offering their comments on this thread?

"You talkin' to me?" :-)

I've been a devoted Holsync user for the last couple years. I obviously like it and find it useful. I've recommend it to others.

But, in fairness, I must detatch myself a bit from the "sales pitch" aspects of the "spiritual" program. (Tho', in retropect, I wouldn't have discovered it if not for their marketing). I think it's mostly the aftersales and solicitations that rubs some users the wrong way (but I usually enjoy reading the stuff, even if it doesn't really interest me).

I also can't argue against those who say they had trouble, or serious disturbances, doing this (or any) kind of practice. It's known to happen. Some people are simply unable (in old TM parlance) "to follow the program." Any defensiveness, or laying of guilt on them, is just projecting one's own insecurities.

"My own heartfelt testimonial?"

it's simple:

"LIGHTEN UP"

Bill & Co. are certainly NOT the next Jonestown (or even Enron). They have a quality product that's done more good than harm (even if they've enriched themselves from it). Rigidity, dogma, or continual suffering doesn't do anything for growth. And the"one size fits all" certainly doesn't apply to any single, spiritual technique.

[garics]

Well I have actually been using holosync for about 3 years and am at the end of A4/L4 and I think that the program is great I dont care about the price it really isnt that much, but that comes from my perspective of value. I have had tons of growth and a big increase in awareness. But you know what that is not what I was getting at the debate is always people who have gone on to other levels against people who have stopped. one against another instead of just saying what happened in the program with them and leaving it at that it turns into a war between half full and half empty. even when it becomes criticism it is hardly constructive. yes there has been good development with the topics around Bwgen and frequencies which is some resolution, I guess I just dont understand the bantering yet.

I just ran across this board looking for something else. I thought the Holosync stuff was too expensive but as someone else posted, some people might benefit from their phone support.

Some have reported having negative experiences with HoloSync, getting their brains into the wrong state. Does anyone know if any studies have been done on this?

As for the CD "soon to be sold for $100": it sounds like Bill Harris is willing to give some away as part of the $300 level cost and get testimonials in return, so he can use the testimonials to sell a lot more in the long run. Simple marketing.

I tried binaural beats and they had a very positive effect on me, with no negative effects. I monitored my brain waves on an EEG and my brain did lock onto whatever beat frequency or frequencies were generated. The bigger question is, what studies have been done on what combinations of carrier/beat can be harmful, and their long-term effects?

I was thinking of making a professionally recorded CD but it would be good to know of any studies on any negative side effects of binaural beats.

lad Offline

TM and traditional meditation has been around and studied longer than Binaural Beats. And there is no universal agreement about their benefits (or harm), either.

Every religion, practice, therapy and political system has it's elevated fanatics and damaged dissenters.

Like with anything you go for, or risk, YMMV.

It's called LIVING.

Those 5 steps could also be applied to how politicians stay in power even though they cause more harm than good.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved