Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Believing you can do something is certainly no guarantee of success. But believing you can't do it is, beyond doubt, a guarantee of failure.

The trick, I think, is to start out with baby steps to convince yourself that success is not just possible, but probably. These baby steps may be steps along the path to your specific goal, or they may be unrelated, things that give you confidence--perhaps learning public speaking, getting into shape, starting conversations with 100 women in one month, whatever.

To qoute from the "Crusty Ol Sailors Successful Management Technics Manual", the 7P's to getting anything done (there are no copies left in print or I'd try to sell you one).

Prior Proper Planning Prevents P#%s Poor Performance.

This would indicate that a well thought out plan would provide the desired or better results. You have to follow through with action to get it done.

Another truism from the same book, "Prepare for the worst and expect the best".

When you are going on your long bicycle ride you need some things that ensure you get where you are going, map, food, water, snake bite kit, matches, helmet, first aid kit, compass, etc. Trying to foresee any mishaps, you may have to deal with, that can occur in your travels. Other than that, have a really nice day and we'll see you when you get there.

Aloha

Jeff

Does not having the right mindset direct one's energy to action in the right direction?

I guess the appropriate combination of both, is critical. Action without the right mindset could have one running around in circles and not accomplishing anything, or worse, leading to destructive actions.

On the other hand, having the right mindset, but not taking action, will also not achieve anything!

[This message has been edited by InquiringMind (edited August 09, 2005).]

How about having the right mindset which prompts one that it is time to act, and guides one in the right direction?!

In all truth I believe there are many layers to achieving anything. At first you start off with some idea and just go for it anyway possible. Many times you fail with this approach.

Depending on how hard headed you are and resist being flexible it can take longer to learn how to achieve your target. I know I was.

After alot of experience getting what you want, things change and you develop some idea and then put your plan into action except that you really work at enjoying every step of the way. Your confidence is high, you have certainty that you will hit the target no matter what. You have the experience at achieving things within the time frame and under budget.

You can always get better at doing anything and you can teach others to do the same thing.

Another rule that is helpful "The long way is the short way". If you try to take shortcuts you will waste alot of time, money and effort only to have to go back and do it all over again the right way. Take the time and do , whatever it is, the right way the first time. Then you can move on to your next Dream with no lose ends. Unless you are trying to leave a mess for someone else to clean up.

My personal beliefs ...

Do dreams really become true if we have the right mindset? Yes, or the dream changes into something better.

Don't you thing that there's a difference between what we want and what we are capable of? To quote some aphorism, "Inherent in the desire is the seeds of it's accomplishment." Capable is a long-time sequence word.

Are we capable of achieving all we want with the right mindset? Yes, but we do live in a physical universe so action and effort are important also.

Thanks for the rich questions.

My 2cents.
Anything worth doing, is worth doing badly the first time.

Anything your mind can conceive & believe - it can achieve. WHEN you can believe you can achieve something AND work towards it without doubt, you can achieve it.

I'm with Purgo on this one.

lad Offline

I can add my own "Debbie Downer" perspective :-)

...Literal, nighttime dreams are coded, subconscious processing and desires. You may be getting a wrong read on them.

Daydreams, or lofty desires and ambitions, are still part of the fantasy world. They may be coming out of some deeper, unmet need, compuslsion or insecurity.

If they are about self-interests, (like the perfect mate, car, home or job), then you may realize they're really moving targets- leading to further desires and dissatisfaction (or "dukka") after achieving them.

I tend to think if you have a vision of how you can improve the life of others and the world around you, then you may get some long term, spiritual fullfillment from actualizing them.
JMHO

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved