Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#16424 09/14/05 09:36 AM
twix Offline OP
OP Offline

I´m doing holosync since a couple of weeks now. Only a few days ago i started with "The Dive" followed by "Immersion" (1 hour session).

The info letter said that most people will feel differences only after 3-4 days. I don´t feel anything so long (neither better nor worse).

My question:
How long should i try holosync? I mean, i don´t wanna waste 1 full hour every day for the next 2 years just to achieve absolutely nothing. Is there a point where you can say "Okay, that´s definately not working for me."?

#16425 09/14/05 02:41 PM

Probably for as long as it takes is the answer. In my own experience I would suggest giving it at least a few months. I agree that an hour a day is a lot of time to investe, especially if you feel you may not get any return from using Holosync. You say you do not want to do Holosync for an hour a day "just to achieve nothing". Can I ask what it is you want Holosync to achieve for you?

Regards
Stevie

#16426 09/14/05 03:22 PM
twix Offline OP
OP Offline

@Stevie:
I want to experience at least one thing Bill Harris mentioned in his info letter:

More happiness and flow in my life,
Increased focus, concentration......,
Better sleep,
Super-deep meditation.....and so on.

btw,
Is there any other method beside the Centerpointe method (other institutes)?

#16427 09/14/05 03:29 PM

Hi Twix:

Some of the changes that Holosync listening brings are small incremental changes over longer periods of time than just a few days. You may not immediately be aware of the changes, and only looking back at your life from periods of 6 months or so, will you actually see the difference it has made.

Everyone starts from their own unique place - no two brains are identical. Many people do have experiences of feeling energy running or bliss, while others plod on through with no particular physical sensations at all. The REAL work that is being done is far beneath the surface of your outward consciousness, bringing the two hemispheres of the brain into aligned communication, and charging up programming that has been buried in the subconscious mind by trauma, etc. which may be running your life in a totally different direction than you'd like to run it.

There is also a forum located at: http://pub28.ezboard.com/bcenterpointe where you can read about the experiences of participants, some of them well into the program, and receive a wealth of information on how this program affects personal growth. The forum is run independantly from Centerpointe Research Institute by people who have come together to share their experiences of using this technology. Take a look for yourself - you'll need to join EzBoard if you want to post.

Personally, I'm just about ready to start Awakening Level 2, and the results thus far for myself have been amazing.

Cheers!
Unis

#16428 09/14/05 04:40 PM

twix,

Is holosync your first experience with a brainwave entrainment product?
If so, you might expect to take a bit longer to see results than they promise in the literature.

The very first entrainment product I tried was the Kelly Howell "Focus" tape. That was about ten years ago, and I didn't feel anything from it.

Then I ordered a sound and light machine, and using that for a few months seemed to "activate" the effectiveness of binaural entrainment. When I came back to the Kelly Howell tapes later on, I noticed that my response was much different, and much stronger. And I still use those tapes to this day, for improving concentration and sports performance.

I had been using a variety of brainwave entrainment products when I first tried holosync, including Tom Kenyon and Monroe Institute, and I did indeed notice changes from holosync after only a few days.

So basically, a lot of it can depend on your level of experience with these things.

If you are brand new, give it a bit more time. Also journaling can help magnify your awareness of the benefits.

#16429 09/17/05 07:19 AM

As I have said voluminously on these forums, I have a bad opinion of Centerpointe.

However, their CDs do do SOMETHING.

While I am skeptical of their claims, spending an hour in deep relaxation isn't a waste of time.

Have you meditated before? I think having some experience with traditional methods of meditation can help.

While you are relaxing, things *are* happening.

I think any point is ok at which to say it isn't doing anything for you. The real benefits of meditation, however, are from the brain state the activity creates over the long haul.

There are alternative products out there that are shorter in length. You might want to try one of those?

#16430 09/17/05 10:57 AM

Get your brainwaves measured with an EEG and then you will know if it is having an effect or not.

#16431 09/20/05 09:43 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by garics:
[B]twix,

Is holosync your first experience with a brainwave entrainment product?
If so, you might expect to take a bit longer to see results than they promise in the literature.

Garics.

Apart from using a light and sound device, Holosync is my first experience of brainwave entrainment. How long do you think it might take someone like myself to see results. Months, a couple of years? I realise this is a bit of an unfair question to put to you as we are all different but I just wondered what your thoughts are on this.

Stevie.

#16432 09/23/05 03:12 PM

twix,

Well I am a little interested to hear what results you got, if any, with the sound & light machine.

It is difficult for me to tell you how long to give it, but since you invested your money I would just make sure you give it what (to you) feels like a sincere effort before you consider moving on to other options.

Some seem to get results quickly, whereas for others the process takes weeks, and I have also heard people using the product for months or longer before getting results. So I am not sure where this promise of results in only a few days came from.
Maybe because all the people who pioneered the program were experienced meditators to begin with, and they project their experiences onto others...?

With that said, that are a couple of products you may want to look at, which can offer changes and experiences which are similiar to those available with holosync.

1 of which, is the AwakenedMinds CD. The lowest carrier tone on that one is (I believe) 20Hz, which is lower than on Awakening Prologue. That product also employs frequencies other than the low-carrier-tone delta frequency, layered harmonically, to induce a meditative state.

Many people who use this product report results similiar to those obtained with holosync, with a somewhat lighter degree of purification (and my experience confirms this as well).

Additionally, there is only 1 "level" to this program, and it sells for 35.95, a lot cheaper than holosync. Most people seem to continue getting good results with this CD for a year or more; the Awakened Minds support staff says that some have used the product for two years or more and are still experiencing purification effects.

I began testing this CD when I had completed holosync through Flowering 1, which is the 10th level of the holosync program.
And at that point, I found that it gave me a definite level of emotional catharsis, of dislodging subconscious material, that was beyond what I was getting at that point with my regular sitting practice.

Another option, is the perfect meditation CD's....these are basically a clone of the holosync program, with different background sounds and effects, sold by someone over ebay.
(Go on ebay, search for holosync, and you'll find him, his product is called "perfect meditation". You can email him to inquire about lower levels etc.)

The advantage here, is that he will sell you a deeper level right at the outset, and he charges about one-third of the price for each level; also, I think the carrier tone on the introductory package is a bit lower than on Awakening Prologue.

Some people like jeffdengr, whose opinion I respect, advises against jumping ahead in the program, in terms of carrier frequency.

However, I have only my own experience, and the testimonials of others to guide me in this, and I am trying to present you with what I feel are all of the relevant options....

the individual who sells the perfectmeditation CD's offers email support, and perhaps can point out some techniques to help deal with any excess purification, should it arise in your case...

Anyway, you want to get to a point in yourself, whether you are doing "conventional" meditation, holosync, yoga, or anything else, where you are sensitive enough to rely on the data of your own sensory perception; this is one of the reasons Spring Forest QiGong (and related disciplines, like a regular sitting or focusing meditation) are so useful; practiced over time, they are not only synergistic with most mind-tech/self-improvement approaches; they actually help to increase your sensitivity and awareness of what works for YOU.

Third-person studies and comments from others ultimately pale in comparison to your own intuition and sensitivity; no two people are alike and only you can determine what is appropriate for you at this point!

Good luck, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Garic

#16433 09/23/05 08:35 PM

The perfect meditation person has a website.
http://www.perfectmeditation.com

Only sketchy thing ... "masters" are referenced everywhere but no specific names are given.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited September 23, 2005).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved