Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

You definitely do not want to go to sleep during meditation. The whole purpose of meditation is bringing awareness to levels where it did not exist before.

If you have trouble with your hours, then you can turn any daily activity into a meditational activity. Just bring full awareness to it. Relax and be as fully aware as you can be, allowing yourself to witness what you are doing.

You can certainly witness the activity of the mind and body in this way, and I have no doubt it will be more beneficial than falling asleep to holosync.

quote:
Originally posted by garics:
Well in my book you're to be commended for having the patience and determination to continue holosync for as long as you have....I don't think I would have continued with holosync for more than a couple of months if I hadn't been noticing any benefits from it.

Garics and all--wow, this comment served as a little nudge for me. Although this topic is about Holosync, I've been working with another modality for a few months that has shown NO positive results at all. In fact, things keep going all wrong: a dvd stopped working, a replacement didn't even start working (although all my other dvds do fine), and so on.

I doggedly stuck with it as best I could--and then I read this post a few days ago. It snapped me back into sanity. I've dropped the practice of that particular modality, and it's as though the entire universe has opened up--a different (but not new, I'd used this before) practice made all the difference.

Back to Holosync, it just might be that like everything else, one size does not fit all--some folks might have better results using another technique. For instance, many of the QiGong meditations can do some very good work, and often very quickly. But there are others--Insight Meditation, Transcendental Meditation, etc., the list is very long.

In my case--your mileage may vary--I think it was a matter of my higer self struggling to get my attention, to let me know I was on the wrong path, that another was far better.

Stevie Offline OP
OP Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frodo02:
[B]Stevie,

"I think the symptoms you have mentioned after a hs meditation are overwhelm symptoms too.
Frodo"

Thanks for replying. I find it interesting that you think I may be showing symptoms of overwhelm. When I began hs back in August 2004 I noticed that I also began experiencing sleep paralysis events. These events became quite frequent and at there peak I was experiencing them 6 or 7 times a week, sometimes more than once a night. I believe once a week is considered extreme! They were occasionally accompanied by full blown lucid dreams as well. None of these experiences concerned me too much as I was fully aware of what was happening. By and large the events have all but stopped and I guess I have experienced only a couple in the last eight months. Whether this was a result of hs I am not sure.

Stevie Offline OP
OP Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by babayada:
[B]"You definitely do not want to go to sleep during meditation. The whole purpose of meditation is bringing awareness to levels where it did not exist before."

Babayada

Short of standing up while using hs I just cannot seem to remain awake. I guess if all I am getting out of hs is a decent sleep it might be worth considering it a waste of time and money on my part. I note the literature does say hs works even when you are asleep. As I say I have some thinking to do as to whether I continue with hs.

Regards
Stevie

Stevie, Jeanne
O Sensei, the founder of Aikido, used to say

"There are many paths to the top of Mount Fuji....But there is only one Mount Fuji."

Maybe a different path would better suit you, or maybe the hardships of this particular path are what you need...Only your self could decide...follow your intuition.

See you at the summit!

vitaman

Learning Strategies Admin

What about time out.? 3, 6, or 12 month break.

To see where the shifts take you? A return after a sabbatical might just yield some visible results. So perhaps rather than decide Holosync or not. Decide how long a break you want to take.

Alex

If one were to take a break from Holosync, would it be best to start from where you left off, or better to back-track a bit? I think I might try that.

Again, I strongly encourage investigating a different technique.

Learn more about meditation, try something new, and compare your experiences.
http://here-and-now.org/VSI/Articles/TheoryMed/theoryHow.htm

I have thought about trying Holosync, but I often hesitate and decide not to buy it. I have been listening to a hemi-sync cd from the Monroe Institute. I really enjoy it and I do feel alot calmer. Has anyone had results from other programs that they would like to share?

quote:
Originally posted by chrisp:
If one were to take a break from Holosync, would it be best to start from where you left off, or better to back-track a bit? I think I might try that.

Continue from where you left off. If you had to start over again it would be little better than an addiction. I don't think Holosync is something that is only a temporary effect and only available as long as you use it. Using it is supposed to aid your growth. It is possible that the level you quit at is too strong for you when you resume. Then I would consider stepping down for a time.

Alex

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved