Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Stevie Offline OP
OP Offline

Further to much that has been said on this thread, I thought I would say that
I was using Holosync last night for the first time this year after a lengthy sabbatical from it.

I decided to use it sitting upright in an arm chair with my back and head reasonably well supported. I felt this would be better than using it lying down which was the way I used to do Holosync. I noticed though that while sitting upright I still fell asleep for much of the session. Nonetheless what I want to ask is whether sitting upright in the way that I have just described is a 'good enough' way to meditate. I guess there may not be a right way, but I feel lying down is certainly not the best method. Any comments or suggestion will be most welcome.

Regards
Steve

Hi Stevie:

From what I've been gathering from different discussions on the matter of "position while listening", you could probably stand on your head and benefit from the entrainment - by which I mean to say that as long as you are comfortable (and if you fell asleep you must have been), your body is relaxed and receptive, and therefore, as long as the earphones stay on your ears, you will be getting the entrainment effect.

I think the idea behind the "sitting position" relates to the flow of energy most dyed in the wool meditators consider optimal. From my own experience, most of the time I do holosync in a semi-lying down position in my recliner, and I definitely feel a good energy flow, as well as have experienced great results along the lines Bill Harris has expounded on in his writings. So I don't particularly consider there is any particular right way for position of body while using the Holosync program.

So, if you are comfortable while you meditate, regardless of position, it is right for you.

Don't be put off by falling asleep either. It could be since you used it in the evening you were tired enough to sleep. It could also mean that the entrainment is really working for you (regardless of any physical sensations), because if there is lots to clear up in the subconscious mind (and for most of us there is, or we wouldn't be seeking ways of making ourselves better), then "sleeping" is sometimes the best way for it to get the clearing process underway.

Did you notice if you had any dreams? I have found starting a new level, and even starting the lower level CD's within a level, I have increased dream activity for about a week - sometimes for the whole level. Dreams are often part of the process of clearing out "garbage" that's stuck in there.

My advice would be not to push yourself too hard on "listening" - do what is comfortable and gradually work your way into it again. Don't worry about your position or sleeping. Be comfortable. When you are ready to move forward to the next level, you will probably find you are staying awake, or waking more often during the sessions. I would also suggest keeping a diary, starting now, of where you are at in your life, and noting down anything that seems to come up for you, either from your daily thinking, or from your dreams, as this will be your guide as to whether or not Holosync is working for you. Many people don't experience physical sensations - and they still experience major shifts in their lives over time while using Holosync.

Cheers!
Unis

Hi Steve;

I'm currently on Purification 2. Somewhere around Awakening 2 I was having trouble with falling asleep while listening to HS and didn't really like it to much. At that time I was attracted to doing the Sedona Method which of course helped me release alot of stuff consciously at a much faster pace.

It was at this time I got the idea of "falling asleep" as a feeling and used the Sedona Method to release on it. It worked for me and the only days I fall asleep now is when I am physically exhausted it wouldn't matter what I did, I would fall asleep anyway.

In any type of meditation it takes that daily commitment to see the benefits over a long haul. Holosync is no different.

Up to Level 3 Awakening I was very suspicious that HS worked and then something released and all that went away. After Level 4 I noticed that when things took a bad turn, I could back up, sort of mentally reframe things and have them turn out much better, sometimes way way better. This was very subtle though, not like it happened over night. More like I discovered that I had this ability and it kept getting better.

Things still get better for me by continual listening. On Purification 1, I considered giving it up, and like many others just focus on Spring Forest Qigong. The big reason I did not is because what I have been doing,has been very successful for me and I did not want to change anything.

From where I was when I started HS things have definately been on a growth curve. Holosync does stimulate growth and consciously you also have to find answers to questions or obstacles as you go along.

Doing the Sedona Method was a really big help in the beginning and later on practicing Spring Forest Qigong also helped to pull your energy back together when having a bad hair day. You find many tools as you go along that help you in everyday life. No one book has all the answers. You don't repair a gas turbine using a garbage disposal manual. You find the answers by looking in the right place.

In my opinion, all this type of training does is to help expand ones consciousness and help you live in the moment, to manifest the reality you want in life. You have challenges that you must meet and overcome and this helps you grow. It is doing "the work".

I am half way through the HS program and look forward to completing it but am in no great hurry to do so.

Hope that helps

Jeff

Hi Stevie,
Looking back at your original post, I was just wondering if you had tried listening to the HS at a different time e.g. during the day - would that be at all possible - even while at work e.g. during lunch? Also, it sounds like your working day is really taking it out of you - do you get any chance to exercise at all? This might raise your energy levels in general and after you get home would help your state of mental alertness. Maybe you might try making other changes in your life including exercise such as diet, drinking more water, even using a loofah in the shower! There are lots of little ways to help raise your energy levels.

Putting Holosync to the side for a moment, what are the changes that you want to make in your life? Are there any practical things you could be doing to help effect those changes? Are there any other programmes you could be using to complement Holosync? Given the fact that you seem to be having most trouble trying to stay alert, perhaps SFQ Spring Forest Qigong could be a possible complementary programme, given its physical movement-based exercises (not so easy to fall asleep during!). I think someone mentioned it in an earlier post - but movement-based mediation might be something you could try during the day. Mindfulness meditation while, for example, doing something as basic even as walking in a park can be very effective. Yoga and Tai Chi are also examples of meditation in movement - and they would also actively improve your body's energy levels.

Otherwise, there are a number of other audio "self-hypnosis" CDs on the market which you might try or you could even go to an actual hyphotherapist for a couple of sessions and be guided through self-hypnosis techniques by him or her, in person.

There are lots of tools out there and lots of answers. Perhaps putting all of your eggs in one basket isn't working for you at the moment - but that might not be this particular basket's fault - perhaps you just need to try more baskets alongside this one!
Good luck and best wishes
Ingrid

Last edited by Ingrid; 05/25/06 07:56 PM.
Stevie Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Ingrid

Thanks for your reply. As regards my work I work flexible working hours which means I choose to work from 7am till 5 pm. This effectively means I work five days in four, in other words I work a four day week and get every Friday off work. I also work Saturday and Sunday mornings. I say this only as I tend to agree with you in the sense that my working day does take a lot out of me, although I do enjoy my job.

Currently it would be impossible to use HS at any other time. I had considered using it in the morning, but I realised that would mean getting up even earlier which I did not want to do. It would also be difficult using it in the office I work in, not impossible, but difficult.

I appreciate your comments re diet. Food and diet is something I am very interested in and I do follow a fairly healthy diet compared to most of my fellow Scots! And surprise surprise I do use a loofah in the shower. I have to be honest though and say I do not get enough exercise and do not always feel as energetic as I would like to.

What changes do I want? It’s a good question. I guess I was attracted to HS as I felt it might help me in some of the difficult areas in my life. I am aware that I am a fairly tense and sometimes anxious individual, and I am also somewhat defensive at times, both towards people and the world in general. It is a bit like Bill says, the world was a real scary place for me as a child and dealt me a few bad hands and sometimes I feel I am replaying that original feeling over and over. I realise it does not have to be like that but then realisation is one thing while feelings are another.

I would also like that feeling of being able to go with the flow a bit more, to be able to reach out and not be afraid all the time, to take life as it is, to be able to take set backs on the chin and with a little luck to have the feeling of contentment being the main feeling in my life. The other benefits of meditation in general also made me feel HS would be worth the effort.

I realise that, as in most things in life, one has to make the effort. HS is no different as far as I am concerned. So I am not expecting it to be the magic wand that "solves" all my issues, I realise that I have to be prepared to help myself too, so to speak. But as I say I guess I was feeling quite frustrated that other people were describing all sorts of wonderful experiences with HS while I felt I was feeling nothing at all.

Regards
Stevie

All I can say about Holosync is positive. I've been using it for a year and am just concluding Awakening Level 2, disc 3. The changes to me have been profound. I am nearly 64 and had been on medication to control anger and depression for 10 years, following the death of my wife from Non-Hodgkisons Lymphoma. I am now off medication. My whole view of the world has changed. I am a peaceful and calm person. I question all the things I have taken for granted all my life and see the illusion. I have not missed a day of Holosync. I look forward to each session. When each new level is reached I sleep for most of the hour. By the end of the prescribed time on that level I am wide awake for the whole 60 minutes. This is not unusual for participants. In my opinion it doesn't matter if you sleep during sessions or not. when your nervous system becomes use to the level you are on, and you can stay awake without trying, lt's time to go to the next level...IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE RECOMMENDED TIME ON THAT LEVEL. Hasten slowly...and let it be OK! It is not an instant cure. The price to pay is an hour a day for years.

Stevie Offline OP
OP Offline

Unis

Your advice has been very helpful. I can make a few points in reply to your suggestions. First of all, when I realise I am going to do a session on Holosync whilst attempting to sit up straight, I instinctively feel that I cannot be bothered, I can almost feel my heart sink a little. It feels too much of an effort, a chore and something to get done and get it over with. There is little doubt in my mind that this approach to Holosync or meditation in general is probably not efficacious at all. It seems to me that one has to enjoy or look forward to or gain some form of satisfaction from whatever one is doing to make it worthwhile, meaningful and hopefully lasting.

Having said that when I decide to lie down to meditate I feel a lot happier although as I say I usually fall asleep and start to wonder whether I am acquiring the benefit that Holosync is trying to offer. Still I find that position the most relaxing, restful and far more pleasant that sitting. It is what I like and what I prefer. (I note though that there is a thread in this post stating that falling asleep during meditation is to be avoided as the purpose of mediation is to remain awake in order to focus tour consciousness.)

As regards your comment that most of us have a lot to clear up in our subconscious minds, without going into any great detail I can confirm that that is most definitely the case for me. I am also aware of a lot of resistance within myself, even when I want to change some things, and in many things in life I have to fight the tendency to give up too easily. I reckon my middle name should have been "what's the use?"

So for the time being when I use HS I am just going to use it as I please. You have given me the inspiration to do so.

Regards
Stevie

I'm on the 2nd level and have noticed a big difference between sitting up and using it or lying down. Have you tried it both ways? I always fall asleep when I get to a new level until my brain gets used to it. But even falling asleep you get benefits.

Also, I wonder if not seeing changes is part of your particular resistance. I found myself initially experiencing extreme irritibility with the first level, especially if I listend through 2 sessions. But irritibility was characteristic of me when I experienced overwhelm. Maybe this is a kind of characteristic of yours? I have experienced changes. One major change was an increase in memory and another was increased peripheral vision. Because Bill Harris talked about LSC I was willing to try photoreading which I am just now learning. Because of Holosync, I feel my brain is amply primed for the connections that happen with activation. We shall see. IN any event, holosync feels good to me now, almost like a brain massage. I can feel it working and I never miss a day. Keep emailing their support staff. And if you really feel it hasn't worked for you, ask for your money back and invest in something like SFQ or other tehnique.

Stevie Offline OP
OP Offline

What difference did you notice? I assume sitting up was better for you rather than lying down. My problem is that sitting up is very uncomfortable and when I know I am going to do a session sitting up I do not look forward to it, in fact I positvely hate it and I know I will not be committed enough to continue in that fashion. Certainly I haven't noticed any changes in me and I started Holosync in August 2004, although I have had a break over the last four months or so.

There does seem to be divided opinion on this. Some people have said sitting up is the optimum way whilst lying down is to be avoided, others have said it does not matter if you lie down. I do find it confusing and admit to being a bit downhearted about Holosync at times.

I do not doubt that there is a lot of resistance in me but identifying that restistance isn't always easy. Sometimes I realise it is there right in front of me but it can be quite subtle too. In my experience resistance is by its nature sometimes well camouflaged and identiifying it and dealing with it can be difficult. And then dealing with resistance itself could become a method of resisting.....

Yes I do feel that not seeing changes of any sort is a resistance on my part. I am aware of a part of me that operates that way, it is hard to put into words, but giving up, self defeating, feeling sorry for myself, wanting others to feel that way when nothing works all spring to my mind.

Regards
Stevie

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved