Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

I received a letter from LSC advertizing the Highest level of enlightenment course by David Hawkins. I felt immediately compelled to order it. It arrived today. Let's see what happens... At least I have lots of questions which this course maybe can solve?

Anyone tried it?

I have heard David Hawkins on an radio progam on a website. I will list it at the end of this post. He seems very interesting. Can you tell us more about this course? Is it lectures? Does it have mind exercises? Keep us informed on how you like it!
http://www.beyondtheordinary.net/drhawkins.shtml

Thanks Hobo
I found lots of interesting stuff there. Also, Nightingale Covant, the publisher of that course, has some soundbites from another set by that author, that were interesting.

Hawkins seems brilliant!

A friend of mine has a PhD in natural medicine, and she uses muscle testing all the time- she rarely tests her patients muscles, but uses her own fingers to test on the patients behalf. She is amazingly accurate, can diagnose and form effective treatment plans very quickly.

Oxygen I hope you will write about your experience with this course. I am very curious, and just cant spend the money now and still be happily married

vitaman

Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Hobo and V-man,

My feelings about thioos course are a bit mixed... The apparent content of the lectures seems more or less useless to me (of course that tells nothing about the lectures and all about my internal state) but David Hawkins himself on the other hand seems a very interesting person. He is not particularly good teacher, but his level of consciousness is certainly high.

I was strongly drawn to this course immediately and I trust my OTC mind that there is lot for me to learn. Whatever he teaches, I learn what I learn. His tone of voice, how he uses his voice, how he breathes, how he laghs (he laughs a lot!) these are important trings to me right now. I'm sort of listening in between the words, because I feel that the real message for me is there. Not in the content of the words.

To make it clear; I'm really glad that I ordered this course, I have learned very valuable things from it. It is not clear right now what exactly I have learned. I just know I have learned. I'm really fortunate that LSC chose to recommend this course, it came at exactly the right time for me.

The price of the course was not that high, less than 70 $ as far as I remember. So, V-man, maybe you can afford it? I'm sure there are a lot of other things to learn to you.

[He].2s2.2p4

There are other ways to learn David Hawkin's material. He has several books out. You might even find them at the public library.

The course "Highest Level of Enlightenment" can be had in cassettes for $49 at: http://www.successonsale.com/catalog_c24076.html

Determining the truth of something through a muscle response?

While I am certainly all for developing better communication with unconscious processes and knowing yourself better, I think it's a little unwise to think that objective truth can be ascertained through the response of your muscles to something.

Image streaming and other techniques offer access to the various intelligences available in your body and mind, but don't you think you have to take what you find with a grain of salt?

You can get the products of these intelligences, ok, but how do you know you're interpreting them correctly? How do you know how to handle the information you get? I just don't know about a lot of the claims being made about this.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited February 13, 2006).]

Thanks, Hobo!
You are a valuable resource for this topic!

I wonder if you know which book covers the blueprint topic? That is the most interesting part for me, as I already do pendulums and ideomotoric signaling.

vitaman

Hi Baba
Healthy sceptisism, yes.

Geologists can't explain it, but they know that dowsers can reliably find water and other resources underground. Years of university or a knak with a forked stick? Both will find water.

A good deal of Eriksonian Hypnotherapy training involves idiomotoric responses. Indeed, a constantly recuring theme has been "trust your unconsious mind" It is far greater than the consious mind...but differentiating intuition from fear and fantasy takes some practice for some people.

Wyy not get a pendulum, or join a dowsing group, try it for yourself? If it is useful, great, if not, nothing lost.

vitaman

Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Exactly, Baba.

Why seek truth from muscle response? I find the idea ridiculous and awkward myself. Hawkins states that you can increase yor own level of consciousness by testing every thing and every person with the muscle test and getting rid of those that get a low rating. Sure. While this may work, I find it too laborious. I'm sure I can get the same information otherwise, in a way that suits me more. Muscle testing may suit Hawkins, but it does not mean it has to suit every one. Every person has the right and responsibility to get to the goal, the find the important questions and get the answers, their own way.

My 2 €cents

Hi Oxygen, Baba,
like OSensei said, there are many paths to the top of Mt Fuji, but there is only one Mt Fuji.

If it doesn't fit, dont use it, if it does, then there is another tool for the toolkit.

I am surprised to hear he advocates testing everything- that is great for a researcher, like himself, but why not just test the big stuff? ( I am not that detail oriented anyways <grin> ) For me, at least, getting to the core of things would likely take care of the little stuff.

I think I will follow Hobo's advice and read first.

Good to hear your opinions, particulary Oxygens. after buying the course.

vitaman

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved