Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OP Offline

Hi Jeff,
That certainly seems to be a very severe
method of getting the eye to move but as I am still seeing it I will try the sword!
Love & gratitude
Faune

Skepticism has never built anything?

On the contrary, it has helped build just about every aspect involved in your daily life. It has helped make available the foods that sustain you. It makes it possible for you to travel across the continent and from continent to continent at great speeds. It has helped make it so that a cold will not kill you or a minor infection does not become a major health risk.

This is because the scientific method is based on skepticism and not belief. If a hypothesis can be proved or disproved based on measurable evidence, and it has survived rigorous testing, then it can become a theory.

Reality is what persists despite your beliefs, fears, hopes, and desires.

Being critical and skeptical is not being negative. It is not dismissing things out of hand. It is, rather, being open to doubt, being open to inquiry, and being willing to test your hypotheses rather than simply believing in them.

Believing in something has its merits, because there are advantages to belief. Beliefs open up channels to us and can limit self-conflict and self-doubt. But those same "enabling" beliefs can also hinder and constrain us.

Skepticism and criticism are important. Glibly throwing them to the side is a big mistake.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited March 04, 2006).]

OP Offline

I looked up the definition of skepticism and it said- "The philosophical doctrined that absolute knowledge is impossible and that inquiry must be a process of doubting in order to acquire approximate or relative certainty." If someone actually does something and gets a result, they don't have approximate certainty- they know. They are not skeptical either. That's all I'm saying.

[Being critical and skeptical is not being negative. It is not dismissing things out of hand. It is, rather, being open to doubt, being open to inquiry, and being willing to test your hypotheses rather than simply believing in them.]

If that's your definition of skepticism, I think it falls right in the middle of what I call skepticism and belief. What I was talking about are these people that say something isn't a possibility without even trying to find out whether it is true or not.

I would have to say that I'm very biased toward this whole topic anyway. When I think of a skeptical person I also think of a miserable person who doesn't do anything with his life because "it won't work anyway." I don't think of someone in a lab doing experiments applying the scientific method who is properly applying skepticism to achieve a measureable result.

Edison wasn't skeptical. He believed he would eventually find the right combination of materials put together in the right way to create a light that would burn without burning up. Why did he believe? No logical reason at all. No scientific evidence at all. In fact, all the scientific evidence clearly proved it couldn't be done so why didn't he just say heck with it? But you could also say he WAS skeptical. He was skeptical about the "fact" that he was going to have to sit around in the dark all the time So I guess you're right too! Doesn't the very meaning of the word depend on your point of view? We can make Edison into a believer or make him into a skeptic.

I'm glad you brought this topic up. When I'm openening up to the possibility of a new reality, I guess I'm also being skeptical at the same time that what I know is "all there is" and I never really looked at it that way before.

[This message has been edited by Coldrayne (edited March 05, 2006).]

quote:
Originally posted by Coldrayne:

http://www.hbidynamics.com

OP Offline

OOps.

Sorry about that. On the HBIDynamics website, click on "RadioSeminar Podcasts" and you'll be able to listen to a couple free conference calls done by Eric.

Coldrayne, Thanks for giving info on how to access Higher Balance Institutes's archived audio sessions (radio seminar podcasts). I might add while listening to Eric's healing audio session-I did have healing occur. (arm wound-brown recluse spider bite from several years ago) Some say it takes faith for it to happen-I was focusing on it for healing, but totally shocked when it did happen! Maybe others experienced healings also-I will let you know if I find out anything. Khalah

OP Offline

With as much as I blab about HB, I have yet to listen to that one

Is there really a difference betwen faith and focus? Hmm.

That is an interesting question. I will have to think about it.

Hi! I starting reading your threads after I read the Handbook of the Navigator (twice now). I have dabbled in meditation and hatha yoga over the years, but never seriously other than doing the Tibetian 5 rites every morning and yoga stretches and shoulder stands. In January of this year I started doing meditation/biofeedback via the Wild Divine software and I am enjoying that very much. I have been doing some of the different breathing techniques and sending out love and compassion to the planet and all living things on a daily basis and feeling more positive about myself.
I ordered the HB Foundation Series and received it yesterday. I listened to the first CD in the series and then fell asleep listening to Dreamscape. I normally get up at 5 AM, but I found it interesting that I woke up at 3:30 AM with no grogginess but was able to go back to sleep also. And today at work I was able to redefine my whole work area by cleaning all the old paperwork off my desk that had been piling up for several months. Maybe the HB CDs are working already!
I have also been taking the Magneural-6S for a couple weeks. Has anyone else tried that and had any specific experiences with it? I have been chatting mentally with the deer at my local state park and twice one stopped to look at me for several minutes before walking away slowly instead of bolting. I did find that interesting! I plan to keep reading about your experiences and plan to have some of my own soon to post also. Thanks!

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved