Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#164 05/13/02 01:27 PM
OP Offline

I'm preparing for my first Photoreading / Direct Learning session. According to the tape, I need 5 books: three on the subject I want to learn and two on indirectly related subjects.

I want to Direct Learn about chess, so I picked up these books:

1. "Como Ganar en el Ajedrez (How to Win in Chess)"
  2. "Los Errores Mas Frecuentes en el Ajedrez (the Most Common Errors in Chess)"
  3. "El Gran Libro del Ajedrez (The Great Book of Chess)", by Natale Ramini
  4. "Iniciacion Al Bridge (Getting Started at Bridge)", by Lorenzo Ponce Sala
  5. "Despertando al Gigante Interior (Awaken the Giant Within)", by Anthony Robbins

Chess is a strategy game, so I guess that related books should have something to do with strategies. Book D is about a card game, I think that a card game has to do with strategies. Book E is more indirect than D. It is about personal growing. I guessed that personal growing has something to do with strategy too, but I picked up that book because I failed to get a politics or business book. Are my choices OK?

Those choices will work fine. So far since starting GC, I've direct learned from about 20 books on sales/communication/persuasion.

I just hop on over to the library for about 20-30 minutes and photoread a couple times a week.

After you do this, you'll be less concerned with whether or not the specific books you've chosen are ideal or not, since you can learn from most books.

Good luck.

George

OP Offline

At last since May 13 I had time for this. I have some more questions.

If I may want to further expand on the subject I'm Direct Learning; How may I do it? Just repeat the process with a few more advanced books?

If I have previously read books (in the usual way), may I photoread them for Direct Learning? Does that work?

Thanks for your help.

Hel Offline

You can PR as many books as many times as you want.

OP Offline

If I have previously read books (in the usual way), may I photoread them for Direct Learning? Does that work?

Administrator
Administrator

I have reason to believe that it should work. When you read the book normally half the information doesn't really become locked into the deeper mind... thats why we can read a book years later and discover stuff in it we read but never used.

Since Photoreading puts the book into the inner mind it is more useful to us and we absorbed more of the information inwardly.

Since it takes only a few minutes to Photoread a book I'd use it in a direct learning project too. It becomes one amongst many so why excude it just because because I know 'some' of the stuff consciously? The is probably more in the book that is useful than what I had taken from the book consciously.I think it is a case of putting more information from more books into our mind in a shorter time frame that makes direct learning so productive.

I think it would be hard to prove whether or not my theory is correct. I am sure that you have nothing to lose by adding books that you have already read to your Direct Learning application.

Alex

OP Offline

My question addresses a concern of mine regarding Paul's comment about "overpreviewing" the book before PRing it. He says that if we preview it too much, it will shut down the internal processing of it. I know that previewing it in order to PR it and have read it previously are not the same thing, so I just want to ask if having read it previously has any impact in the PR/DL procedure (i.e. interferes in the inner mind's processing task).

Administrator
Administrator

Skip the preview since you've already read it you have a general idea of what the book is about. Since you've most probably forgotton consciously most of the book anyway why should it have any impact. When direct learning you need not limit yourself just to five books you can include it with others you haven't read.

I think Pauls point about previewing too much just before doing the direct learning exercise... is becoming concerned if we can absorb it all. Worrying about what we think we need to know etc. Creating barriers to absorbing the information before you start.

Now if you are worried that including that book will have a negative impact on the direct learning process you may as well exclude it. The worry or concern you are creating will be exactly the problem you are looking for. A self fulfilling prophecy.

Personally I think if you keep an open mind about it just include it amongst the others you will still absorb the beneficial information form it.

Rather than worry about it, whether you're doing it right or including a book you've already read is going to work (if anything it might not work for that book but the others would still kick in). Play with it, take the attitude of lets see what will happen if? Don't worry if you don't get it perfectly right the first time. With the goals you have in mind I would hardly stop at 5 books, 5 books to a session yes but on the subject? Afterall if you didn't have the direct learning technique you'd have to do it the old fashioned way, which takes longer.

Worry if you do it right...you'll see the results of your worry.

Play, see what happens ... you learn what works and shrug off what doesn't but everything you discover that works for you becomes a gem that you own.

My suggestion, don't worry about it just try it and see. You are a unique being so only you can really tell what works for you.

Alex

OP Offline

Alex,
One more question. Is it possible/effective to do several DL sessions successively (spanning for a few days) and then stop to let the inner mind to process it? How often you get over the same subject you are learning from?

Administrator
Administrator

I think it depends on the individual and how many books they really want to direct learn from.

I would look at putting in some ground rules for myself. Like applying DL to say 20 books over 4 days and then letting it go for 4 weeks and see what happens.

Since I want the DL experience to be productive I would avoid going to the extremes. (eg DL for 2 weeks and then not giving it enough time to let it happen.) In my opinion that would be counter productive creating an anxiety state. Personally I think 4 days would be the most I would do and then let it go for 4 weeks. My reason for selecting 4 days as the maximum is basicly because I wouldn't expect to spend much more than 4 days learning a single topic in a seminar and after 4 days I know from experience my mind is going ... all right already let me go and try it out. So for me it counter would productive to keep loading more of the same stuff on the brain. Probably I would realise when I have had enough anyway and stop when I feel I need to let it happen

This will be a personal thing and probably depend on topic, desire, expectations and goals. Sometimes 1 day 5 books will be enough, sometimes we want more. The most important part is stopping to let the inner mind process it. Another reason for my selecting 4 days as a sort of maximum for a DL project is I want to be able to see results... I don't think much starts happening until you've actually let go and let the inner mind take over. If you are continuously DL when does the inner mind get to take over?

In short yes I believe you can DL from a number of books aver a few days and then let it go and see what happens.

Alex

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved