Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Hi Pablomx;

I can give my take on enlightement which might fuel some others to do the same.

Enlightenment is sort of like having Financial Freedom of the Mind/Spirit. There are levels of it of course. One wealthy person who has to manage their money wisely to ensure it grows is not the same as someone with Old Money that has been established and pretty much takes care of itself.

So it is with enlightenment. When you hit that first level of enlightenment you see all kinds of possibilites in life. You see what also got you to that first level and probably will keep doing the same thing to strengthen it.

You would experience a Mental and Spiritual Freedom (or taste of) that you did not have before. Some side effects might be, looking at things completely different. Once something was very difficult to face and deal with, it now seems like childs play.

The Universe seems to support you in your quests. When you need things they seem to appear at the right time. If they don't appear, it probably wasn't what you really needed anyway.

You will still "chop wood and carry water", go to the bathroom and all of lifes necessities, although you will feel much happier about it all and probably want more of that enlightenment thing.

hope that helps

Jeff

I'm not enlightened, but I think that focusing on it is probably counter-productive.

I like Shunryu Suzuki's attitude... which is to focus on practice and not worry so much about enlightenment.

I think enlightenment is when you get it on a very deep level that many things are simply just a matter of perception, and that, perhaps, you perceive some kind of objective truth that doesn't leave you.

So, when you're enlightened, it doesn't become such an effort to see things more as they really are and less shaded by past history and other filters that distort information coming through your senses.

Enlightenment, though, may not be truth but may be just a better, more functional illusion than the one you had before enlightenment.

I don't know, however, because I've never been there. I've had moments that I consider enlightening.... but they haven't led to enlightenment as a permanent or semi-permanent state.

all there is is liberation

zahirkhan.com

I believe that the word enlightenment has been watered down from its ancient meaning. I believe people confuse awaking with enlightenment. I personally reserve the word enlightenment to mean the following: To use a metaphor, every cell in your body explodes and you announce your presence to God/The Universe/The Force. When people say I had a moment of enlightenment, I believe what they really experienced was a moment of being awake.

I believe we are all energy beings who inhabit physical bodies so we can experience this solid physical dimension. This energy enters our body at the moment of birth and departs a few minutes after we die. What happens to this energy while we are alive and after we die is up to us.

Now I also believe that there is a force that keeps us all in a form of sleep during our lives. A movie might call this force keeping us asleep the matrix. When we awake in the morning, we are moving from one form of sleep to another.

But occasionally people break the hold the matrix has on their perceptions. Toltec shamans talk of entering a trance and seeing people as luminous orbs of light. The shaman trained himself to be aware our energy bodies.

Being aware contributes to entering enlightenment but being aware is not, in my opinion, enlightenment. From studying people who claim to be enlightened I think that not everyone who claims to be is. Also there are cycles to enlightenment, a spectrum.

I think you are speaking of Transcendance. As was started with Kalki the Avatar changing someones DNA to a higher level. This I would agree has nothing to do with awareness, well maybe a little, as you have to be looking for it. Some beings can help/do this for you if they believe you are sincere.

Enlightenment, I believe has everything to do with awareness. Especially since you know that you have had an experience that has raised your awareness, like having your Third Eye open.

From my experience I believe there are beings out there like Kalki (I don't know if he is the real deal) that can greatly advance your development just from being around them, this is done on a sub-conscious level and you see things happening that you could not do before but now is an everyday thing.

This is not an enlightening experience but more transcendal.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved