Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18113 08/16/00 09:06 AM
Drew Offline OP
OP Offline

Last night I was watching a TV programme about the human brain and old age and the onset and decline in older people with dementia and memory performance. It has been suggested that knowledge is stored in our temporal lobes and with dementia, it is these cells that deterioriate and we begin to specialize our brains into doing single functions ie walking or remembering, not both at the same time, unlike when we are younger. This got me thinking, with PRing using all of our Mind, could the effects or dementia and other 'medical brain' conditions be lessened or overcome fully or in part with PRing?

Also, if we only use 10% or less of our brains(we all seem proud of this fact??) Shouldn't we teach PRing to kids and not necessarily aim it at a corporate market? After all, if we as children use more of our brains at a younger age, if we were to experience a decline in brain function, we would already be using more of our brain to compensate..Thus we would skill be able to multi-task ur brains.

#18114 08/16/00 02:07 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Unforuntately, there are too many short-sighted, lazy, know-it-all teachers out there.

(Can you tell that I am not running for public office?)

As far as the corporate market goes, I read a study a few years back suggesting that business executives of 20 years ago were more widely read than executives of today who are more focused on their area of specialization and the growing stacks on their desk.

When today's executives become tomorrow's chief executives, what will happen to innovation in business?

How important is being widely read to being an innovative leader? The article suggested it is vital.

Maybe, today's large company, which might be more widely and deeply read as a whole, will group think its way to sustained innovation.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved