Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
draco Offline OP
OP Offline

this is so hard. i just got my tapes friday and i cant get threw the first two tapes. thay are so confusing to me. im only 16 and i can read at a normal rate. but when i hear that guy talk about oh you may skip a bunch of words but dont worry you will still understand the book. Its like what are you talking about. What should i do start over and do the stuff agean or just keep going threw all the steps and then when im done just do it agean. more like a preview of the types before i do them or what. im so confused and im thinking about geting my money back. But i want to read 25,000 words... that would be so cool and such an edge on everything in life but it is so hard lissing to that guy, go on and on...

Listen to tape 3. It has a good practice session on it.

Are you able to see the blip page?

I find tape 3 excellent because Paul takes you through the entire photofocus step. Plus he takes you through a relaxation exercise that puts you in an ideal state for photoreading.

Like anything that is new you may have to listen to the entire program a few times. Remember there is no such thing as failure only results.

I bought the home study tapes about 2 or 3 years ago and like you I was very frustrated at first. I have stopped and started the course many times.However, each time I have listened to the tapes I understand more and more so that perhaps I don't need to replay the whole course each time.......

Paul Sheele says that one pass through a book is often not enough for full comprehension and you may need to do several passes through the book before you get the full understanding.

Each time you read less as each "layer" builds more comprehension.

This is the same with the tape course - listen to all of the tapes and play with the experience. If in doubt listen to the tapes again - you can always use this forum as a sounding board. We all use this to get better understanding and ask those questions that perhaps need that little bit of clarification.

Stick with it and any problems post another question or look through some of the other questions in this forum. You may find the answers are already there.

Good luck !

Fraser

Also phone the support line to get help with your photoreading questions. A live person might be better able to help you.

I too am just starting the course and have felt similarly confused: there is so much to keep in mind, it is so new, and it's a neat system so you really want to get it perfectly right. Keep at it and you will find that it feels more and more natural, you won't have to keep so many things in mind and do things so deliberately any more.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Keep ploughing through the tapes to the end. Things will come together for you. And, if not, revisit the tapes from the beginning.

It is not necessary to remember everything as you go through the program. Pick up what you can and play with it.

Whatever you do, stay with it. It is an eight-tape course. If we could have produced the course in less than eight tapes we would have!

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved