Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

DL is more effective if you use New Option Generator or visualizing your time line.

It's best results come when you are in a situation and you find yourself doing something you suddenly realize you had not studied. Answering questions in class, playing a sport better. For me, i suddenly started doing relaxation exercises. It took me awhile before i realized that i was doing stuff i had not studied. I went back to the library and checked out the books i had PhR on stress reduction. I did find the exercises there.

DL---is subtle if you are not in situations that bring it out....like a classroom or a work situation.

There are some great testimonials on this DF for DL.

OP Offline

Thank you all. I think I have what I need for now.

OP Offline

Margaret,
How do you use New Option Generator with DL? Are you referring to the paraliminal tape or to the New Option Generator procedure described in the Natural Brilliance book?

New Option Generator is the paraliminal of the New Option Generator in the NB book. Nice short tape w/ the A side being used for release and the B for the book thing.

So you just PhR all the books you want to experience direct learning from. Then use side B of the NOG paraliminal to activate what you PhR.

Direct Learning has to do w/ activating via visualization. I wanted to rid my mind/body from stress b/c i noticed that i had tension in my shoulders when i PhR. I PhR all the books in the library on stress. Then i did the visualization exercise in the NB book. Lastly, i just went on w/ my life. Then one night i finally noticed that i was moving my head in a way that really relaxed my neck and shoulders. I thought, where did i learn this? Went back to the library and looked thru the books i'd PhR & the exercise was there.

So, if you are PhRing for DL in an area of some particular thing you want to develop, it is part of the procedure to visualize the time line thing. I eventually purchased the NOG tape & like it very much...both sides.

If you are PhRing a text book for school, then incubating it and setting an intention is enuff b/c class discussion will probably activate your knowledge spontaneously.

hope this is helpful to you

OP Offline

Thanks Margaret,
I'm learning the LS stuff very slowly, first because I'm somehow impatient and I want to read some stuff at the same time with the courses. Second, I have many responsibilities at this time and have very few time left. Something I just do everyday is my h/s session, the remaining stuff is done in a slower pace.

I have the NB course, but I just did the tapes part entirely. I read the book once and never practiced the rest of it. I have almost all the paraliminals, the MO, the 4powers, GC, and just today I responded to an offer I have been waiting for a long time: the photoreading course. I just have gotten all of them whenever LS extends me a special offer and my PR offer at last was extended to me, then I immediately ordered the course at a discount. Maybe, I will suspend the GC to complete the PR course first. I have saved a lot of money by purchasing all courses at a discount; it pays (I also paid for the CRI program at a special discount), but at the cost of having to delay maybe the most important ones.

I may be impatient for many things, but can wait patiently for this.

Question for Huttog:

I specifically purchased GC for it's Direct Learning content. I happen to be in sales also, but have not completed my search for the right set of books to direct learn.

What has your concrete experience been with
your sales production after direct learning your set of books?

This question is open to anyone who cares to respond with their direct lerning experience. Regardless of their area of interest.

My success or not in this area will be a majot factor in my decision to keep or return GC. Thanks.

Muskateer:

I have been selling cars now for a grand total of 2.5 weeks. I have never sold anything before in my life.

There were 3 other people with me in my training class that lasted for one week.

I have sold double the average of the those three.

My sales manager has told me he sees great potential in me and is making me his project to sell 20 cars per month (equal to 120k per year)

Customers have told me I am the nicest salesman they have ever met.

I have probably photoread/direct learned about 20 or 30 books on sales.

I you believe it will work, it will.
If you wait to see proof before you believe, it won't.

George

George:
Thanks for your response. Wow. You are a selling newbie aren't you? :-) Good luck to you, but it looks like you won't need too much luck. You are off to a great start. I'm certain your DL efforts have helped greatly.

However, don't discount your personality. Some people have a personality that naturally lends itself to sales. Perhaps
you have such a personality.

I have been in sales for 21 years. Twenty one years in life insurance. Eight of those years I was a stock broker. Most of what I was taught no longer works. Or at least it doesn't work well. People are a lot
more worldly (thanks to the internet and 24 hour news channels), so the age old manipulation ploys seldom work now.

I was never comfortable using that stuff anyway, as I am basically a very honest and straight up person. I like selling when all persons involved win.

We do have something in commom. We are both in high turnover, low prestige (in the public's eye) industries. If you can imagine this, the insurance industry sales force has
an about eighty percent turnover about every four years!

When I was younger and hanging out in clubs,
no girl was ever impressed when I said I sold
life insurance. When I said I was a stock broker...BIG IMPRESSION!

I'm sure direct learning from good books
on sales will assist you strongly in
not only surviving, but to trive in an occupation that few do.

I wish the DL process was available when I was just starting out. I would have made a lot more money, with a lot less pain...a lot sooner.

I have DL'd six books on selling so far recently. I took what someone on this list suggested and used the New Option Generator tape side B to lock in activation. Due to a car wreck I was in, I haven't been working. However, I'm sure when I hit the streets and get in front of prospects and clients again, I'll notice DL'd selling behaviors and attitudes come forth in my communications.

Robert

quote:
Originally posted by huttog:
Muskateer:

I have been selling cars now for a grand total of 2.5 weeks. I have never sold anything before in my life.

There were 3 other people with me in my training class that lasted for one week.

I have sold double the average of the those three.

My sales manager has told me he sees great potential in me and is making me his project to sell 20 cars per month (equal to 120k per year)

Customers have told me I am the nicest salesman they have ever met.

I have probably photoread/direct learned about 20 or 30 books on sales.

I you believe it will work, it will.
If you wait to see proof before you believe, it won't.

George

Muskateer:

High Probability Selling
Jacques Werth

Selling Yourself
Kevin Hogan

Max Persuasion
Maxpersuasion.com (tape series)

George

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard