Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#18388 10/23/00 07:38 PM

Have you tried using Image Streaming as a method of activating the material that you have PhotoRead? Another method might also include using daydreams to your advantage - in your imagination fantasize that you have met an "expert" on the material that you have PhotoRead and start to ask the "expert" questions. Relax and let the "expert" answer you in his/her own words, and do not try to force the answer in your mind. Play with the approach - if the "expert" doesn't want to answer a question, ask the "expert" how to find the answer or try asking what might be a better question to ask. The more real you can make the daydream, the better the results will be I think. This particular approach is a mixture of Win Wenger's "borrowed genius" and the Silva Method's use of assistants in the "mental laboratory".

You might also want to look into relaxation exercises prior to activation, and during activation, to keep the need to perform at a minimum.

The thing to keep in mind is that the information has been absorbed by your mind - you're now just trying to figure out a handle in order to get it out. The recall will not be like what you have when you regular-read a book (at least, that is how I experience it). I find it more like recalling a childhood memory or maybe someone's phone number - the accessing cues differ from recalling something I just read or heard...probably due to how the information is processed during step three of the system.

quote:
Originally posted by Parvinder:
I have gone through the course several times and have photoread numerous books. I have used the activation techniques suggested without any luck. I have also constructed mind maps of all the texts I photoread without any benefit. I have been photoreading since January ( 10 months of photoreading between 3-6 books a week. Lifetools where I bought it from made out that their workers were skilled photoreaders but they were unable to answer my queries. )

My outlook remains positive and I hope for some advice to enable me to photoread.

#18389 10/23/00 09:06 PM
OP Offline

My expectations were to be able to grasp and remember information more quickly.

I have tried image streaming with some success and have tried to use it for activation but it was not successful.

Could you tell me where I can get help in England? eg A photoreading coach/instructor, an open seminar.

#18390 10/24/00 12:25 AM

This is a response for Gareth. I started out reading those kind of manuals as well. My feeling is that you don't need to read as many if the books are extremely thick.

As far as knowing whether or not the photoreading had any effect I didn't know until I started attending lectures on those subjects. It really felt like I already knew about the material and all I need to do was recall it. Then when I started programming there was an incredible amout of intuition at work guiding me(the material in my unconscious mind). You might want to consider trying using 'direct learning' as an activation technique.

#18391 10/24/00 03:26 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

A few items...

1) Good advice above.

2) Beginning PhotoReaders will get better results when PhotoReading topics in which they have an interest. The more the better.

3) When someone says they have had little results with activation, more often than not it is because they quit before they had results. The "Works on all material" article in the PhotoReading section of our website does a great job of putting it in perspective. Read it. I can be eye-opening.

4) There are no PhotoReading coaches in the U.K. (LifeTools went through liquidation last summer.)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved