Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
elprl Offline OP
OP Offline

I'm an Englishman who has had the £200 home study course since 1998. I never had any success with it when got it and nobody in the UK could help. Therefore, I dropped it for a year and did my fourth year in university.

Decided to have another go after that year and, again, I had no success what-so-ever. Therefore, I dropped it again and did my Masters year at university. Now, I'm about to start a new job that requires a lot of reading, and what want it to work this time. Can anyone help?

The problems I think I'm having are as follows:
1) unable to concentrate
2) unable to stay in the acc. learning state, as well as not knowing when I'm in it
3) dictionary game has never worked
4) not much time to practice, although Paul seems to say it comes naturally without practice.

My mind is too active which stems from problems I have with insomnia. It takes me around 3-4 hours to get to sleep because it takes that amount of time to shut off the activity. My mind races all the time. I wonder if there is a link?

Elprl,

Lets see what we can do for ya ...

Concentration ... tangerine technique is one technque used to enter an 'ideal state' of mind. There's another technique that Einstein use to use to build concentration but it requires a time commitment to complete. It supposibly builds concentration to last anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months.

Get yourself a piece of paper. On the piece of paper write "I won't do that anymore"
Now get something to read. Begin to read. Anytime you get distracted ... say "I won't do that anymore" and put a check mark on the paper. Begin reading where you were distracted. Continue to do this until you can reach 3 minutes of not being distracted. To build on your time do the same exercise adding 2 minute increments.

You can normally tell when your in the 'accelerated learning state' when you can sense your mind and body at ease. You can try other mediation disciplines to help with relaxing ... the one I found to be the best is Holosync ... it delivers on it's promise and comes with a money back guarantee!!

Go easy on the dictionary game ... it's merely there for those that need convincing that PR works ... it does! Look for suble clues that you have noticed since applying PR ... they are there, ya just gotta look for them!

Belief also goes a long way ... it's amazing what the mind is capable of. Set yourself up for success by staying focused, positive and continue to practice. In fact, go thru the course another time ... pick up on things you may have missed. I found going thru a second and third time really helped to clarify the process.

You mentioned you do not have time to practice and that your job entails plenty of reading ... there ya go, perfect time to practice.

What I normally do when I first get to work is practice the dictionary game for no more than five minuetes and sometimes during the day I try to PR technical book related to my field.

Insomia ... I'm not sure if this will help but apparenly, EFT may to the trick. The site is www.emofree.com It is a technique that has helped many to overcome many problems. There is a PDF you can download to try the technique out ... it has alot to do with body energy and all that kind of good stuff.

As for PR ... keep practicing, believing and visiting this forum ... together we can all succeed!!!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

I would recommend doing a full relaxation exercise. Get the conscious mind entirely out of the equation and your concentration will be absolute. In the beginning it can be a little time consuming but after a few sessions like this your body will begin to associate deep relaxation to photoreading and getting into state will be much easier. As easy as the 3 to 1 method in fact.

You might also want to consider a meditative practice of some sort (or yoga, holosync, spring forest qigong, or something). I used to have an extremely active mind that made sleeping difficult. By incorporating some relaxation into your life the adrenaline and cortisol levels in your blood stream will drop. That kind of a biochemistry makes concentration extremely difficult and its exhausting. Just a suggestion.

Hi Elprl,

Regarding insomnia - the Silva Mind Control Method has a technique for people who have great difficulty in falling sleeping. Check out -- http://www.silvaintl.com/

elprl Offline OP
OP Offline

Cheers for your help everyone.

With regards to concentration - I realise that there are a lot of exercises out there that help. I've tried the one where you look at a clock and try to concentrate 100%. It's difficult and I also realise it requires many hours of practice. In fact, meditation is the most difficult thing I have EVER tried, given my state of mind!

As for holosync - I have all the music for holosync but don't have the manuals to utilise it. I'm sure there is more to it than just listening?

It has taken me around 3 evenings to read every single posting on this forum. I think I have some ammunition now! I will read the web sites on Silva and EFT tonight.

I've got 5 days before I start work - wish me luck and thanks again.

elprl Offline OP
OP Offline

Forgot to mention - it's a shame Lifetools no longer exists. It would be nice to talk to someone in the UK, may be even a seminar.

I have often found that if I can't concentrate or I can't maintain a 'good' accelerated state it is because there is often alot of 'other stuff' going on in my life. This situation often seems to present itself when I am trying to relax and fall to sleep. It is as if my mind just hits top gear and can't stop. The best thing I have learnt to deal with this 'mind running' is deal with whatever issue is running through your mind. If I haven't known how to I draw out my ideal outcome and just let it go. My mind seems to sort things out over night and the information that I need to solve my issue just seems to present itself.

Hi,

I'm surprised that you say that Lifetools doesn't exist - I had a call from Chris Payne himself last night who owns the company !

The website is www.lifetools.com, email them at lifetools@dial.pipex.com or contact chris via email chris@lifetools.com

Alternatively call them up on the phone - 01260 282000

Like you I had Oh so many questions and Oh so many worries but Chris put me at ease - he made the point that you cannot change what happened in the past and you don't know what will happen in the future....there is only now.

Chris talked to me for about half an hour and told me that I was trying too hard - I know all the techniques (I too have stopped and started many times) but I was trying to hard - let go of all your feelings. He has told me to concentrate on photoreading only and ignore everything else for the time being - if I want to activate then activate how I feel is right for that particular book/article.

The whole system is about "playing" with these ideas and trying out different things. Rememeber NOPS - Notice it, Own It, Play with it and Stay with it. Whatever happens is right.

Let me know how you get on

Fraser

elprl if you have the holosync soundtracks (awakening prologue I presume) then all you need to do is listen to them for an hour each day. Nothing else is necessary.
The silva method and eft suggestions are good as well.

I used to have a hyper-active mind and it made concentrating difficult and it was extremely tiring. Under those conditions it would have been a real challenge to photoread effectively. But under my current mindset photoreading is a pleasure.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved