Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Administrator
Administrator

Eric it becomes a question of time. How much time do you really want or need to spend with the book?

Would photoreading a book again just prior to your next activation layer make it easier. Yes if the subject is more challenging or new to you. No if you're already have a good degree of knowledge on the subject. Then it wouldn't really make much difference.

There are even occasions when you Photoread a book lots of times before you really start activating it. Simply because your instincts tell you you're not ready to activate it yet.

Ultimately it boils down to your purpose. If you need to know what's in the book now. You'll start activating it after only one photoread.

Of course if you've read some of my post you'll know I do suggest that when you get your textbooks at the beginning of the semester to photoread them everyday for a week or two. Then 2 weeks prior to any exam. Give them another week of photoreading. It probably helps a lot and it sure doesn't hurt.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited November 07, 2003).]

Thanks, Alex. It's pretty logical I see. I was thinking something similar. Anyway, I'm glad I was right! I think I'm very familiar with the concept that I can make justified answers to my questions. Maybe that's what "gelling" is, haha. Well, I'm just glad that I'm beginning to feel more free with the system, and it's definitely releasing a positive effect on my life.

Seriously, using the system really exercises my brain in a way that it makes things easier to remember, noticing new feelings, learning more easily, talking easier, etc... PhotoReading really is a life application in addition to a reading application. I'm not being blind to my future discouragements, yet I'm seeing a bigger & positive picture.

Hey, I actually have another question itching to be answered! I've been told that super-reading is moving your eyes down the page, making the conscious mind irrecovably less of a participant.
Now, when I think of PhotoReading, I sometimes view individual words. Would PRing at much higher speeds do the trick? I mean, my inner-mind should catch it, regardless of speed, right? I feel perfectly comfortable when doing things this way, and I don't get distracted as much from words (especially when PRing right side up)

Administrator
Administrator

We're are already exceeding 100,000 wpm on the computer. Books are just easiest to flip at about a page per second.

Alex

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved