Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18825 12/07/00 03:40 AM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

I remember dreaming that I was PhotoReading a book on several occasions. I don't know if I was ever sure that I "got" when I PhotoRead in my dreams.

Other times when I've read in my dreams the text would change from one moment to another. It was not like real reading.

The other night was a big night. I had a vivid dream where I was reading text with someone. We reread the text a couple of times. I remember the individual words, and we had a discussion about the text. The words weren't ever-changing. It was like reading a real book. And, the dream seemed to go on and on.

I do not know which book we were reading, but I can't wait to discover the book in real life. That will be super cool.

Have you had any experiences about reading or PhotoReading in your dreams?

#18826 12/08/00 01:57 AM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

So, I wrote the above post last night and guess what? Another great reading dream where I vividly read the liner notes in a CD.

(I also had a dream where I was at a party. Remember those cages of the 70s where go-go girls danced? Well, I was in one of them doing Spring Forest Qigong Active Exercise. Don't tell anyone.)

#18827 12/08/00 02:23 AM

Pete,
Dreams have a tendency to also be compensation. During the day, the sun which we'll say stands for consciousness, is out shining bright. But then, during the night, the moon/stars which we'll say stands for the unconscious (not unconsciousness), are able to be seen. Sun = no stars/moon. We need both for the total picture.

Soooo, w/ that in mind.......hmmm...Qugong/cage/go-go guy?! ;-)

(I also had a dream where I was at a party. Remember those cages of the 70s where go-go girls danced? Well, I was in one of them doing Spring Forest Qigong Active Exercise. Don't tell anyone.)[/B][/QUOTE]

#18828 12/08/00 04:32 PM

The first book I ever photoread was DeBono's Thinking Course. I followed the directions in the Einstein Factor. Man, did I want PR to work!! I was too lazy to preview or to activate back then, so I just photoread and slept on it under my pillow (I had just read Edgar Cayce's Biography).

I wanted it to work so bad, that my dreams were in utter torment. Asleep, I was FORCING myself with all my mental might to reproduce the book in my dreams. I saw myself flipping the pages as I had done before bed. When I awoke, I remembered, THAT every morsel of knowledge within the book was available to me and that I had read the entire book in my sleep. But consciously, I remembered nothing. And though I had slept for 8 hours, it was of absolutely horrendous quality. Not an altogether pleasant experience.

Maybe I was Direct Learning how to think? There's a thought! Direct Learn 5 or so of DeBono's books on thinking!

That's what I did with 3 books by Mihaly Csiksentmihalyi and Natural Briliance--my purpose was to live in the flow state 24/7. ...I have a tendency to think big...perhaps I was expecting too much?

#18829 12/09/00 04:17 AM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

If you have a particularly taxing book, try this:

Carry it around with you for a few days as if it is your friend. Put it under a glass of wine at dinner. Keep it next to flowers on your nightstand or under your pillow. Pet the cover. Then PhotoRead and activate it.

For whatever reason--and there are many plausible reasons--it is easier to satisfy your purpose with the book.

===

Back in the beginning Paul and I PhotoRead many books and took tests. We took tests without PhotoReading the books. We took tests without ever touching the books.

On books we did not PhotoRead, we scored better on those we touched than we scored on books we did not touch. Consistently.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved