Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#18856 12/16/00 12:25 AM

Margaret, my thoughts exactly.

I've been thinking what it would mean for my future if I could photoread with the same ability that Pete has... Let us say, I like what I envision.

10 books a day, here we come!

Let's do this.

#18857 12/16/00 01:02 AM

Yes, Brian. That's what i've decided. I already have the interest & enthusiasm to do this.

I brought 3 books to work today. I will PhR them each twice which comes to 6 books. Then i'll bring a different 3 books to work then next day.

The last part of the PhRing Course has a full description of a mind screen. I like the Silva too, but both should work fine. At some point in the night, i just get down to alpha & do some mind screen work for whatever comes up....tonight it's burning it in!

Good luck to us!.......the all of us!

#18858 12/16/00 01:08 AM

Mr. Bissonette,

I have a blessed personality flaw--fanaticism. May as well use it to my advantage!

I was wondering if you could maybe throw together an ultra-fanatical game plan.

The goal: to reach your level of mastery in the shortest possible length of time.

I understand that 'scheduling a time' goes against the playful-learning ideal.

Also, it is often better when learning new skills to do a little each day so that you can get sleep cycles in between the lessons to learn faster. (as opposed to practicing much more in a condensed period of time.)

Is 3 to 10 books a day with 1 book completely activated per week the most intense we should go?

Will going further than this make us progress faster?

When is there a point of diminishing returns?

Also, I saw a post lying somewhere around here that has a list of the uses of Paraliminals in regard to photoreading.

Are there other techniques/factors that can accelerate the speed we learn PR?

Thanks!

All of a sudden... I'm willing to do whatever it takes!

just... show me the way...........

#18859 12/16/00 02:01 AM

I can't speak to how far you can go to accelerate the process. However, I can confirm that PhotoReading 3-4 books/day and activating 1-2/week resulted in a big improvement in my skills. Why should PhotoReading be any different than any other skill I want to learn? I struggled with finding enough books for several weeks before it dawned on me that I could PhotoRead the same books multiple times. DUH!

#18860 12/16/00 02:20 AM

mgrego----THANKS, i couldn't remember who posted the reading of books over & over again. Really a --DUH! :-)

quote:
Originally posted by mgrego2:
I can't speak to how far you can go to accelerate the process. However, I can confirm that PhotoReading 3-4 books/day and activating 1-2/week resulted in a big improvement in my skills. Why should PhotoReading be any different than any other skill I want to learn? I struggled with finding enough books for several weeks before it dawned on me that I could PhotoRead the same books multiple times. DUH!

#18861 12/16/00 02:50 AM

I don't think it was me. I think I got it from Pete or Dana. At some point, I'm going to grab a book that I really want to assimilate and PhotoRead the heck out of it. I wonder how many times I'd need to do it to begin getting benefits similar to Direct Learning?

#18862 12/16/00 03:25 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Brian649 - Patience. Patience.

#18863 12/16/00 05:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pete Bissonette:
Brian649 - Patience. Patience.

That was soooo ZEN!!!

#18864 12/16/00 07:28 AM

So then learning a skill which involves explicit use of the inner mind requires that a person relax and take it slow. ...the inner mind will reveal new powers and increased skill when I'm not impatient and it will do so at its own pace--in other words, don't try to *force* the skill onto it, because in so doing, I will shut down the whole-mind...? sounds feasible--unfortunately.

Actually, that reminds me of those who try to pursue enlightenment with great zeal--usually desiring great personal gain.

They never get it. To 'get it', you've got to let go of your desire to get it; then it will come to you in its own time... perhaps it is the same concept.

Alan Watts used a great metaphor for this.

It's like a woman playing hard to get. The more you pursue her, the more she plays hard to get. HOWEVER, what's the secret? Stop pursuing... what? yes. --counter-intuitive.

THEN, she thinks, 'hey, that's not supposed to happen...' and the shoe is placed on the other foot--she's now the one trying to get YOUR attention.

Replace women with 'subconscious' and man with 'ego force', and there you go.

[This message has been edited by Brian649 (edited December 16, 2000).]

#18865 12/17/00 12:50 AM

Pete, now I'm curious. When I took the Photoreading seminar a couple months ago, I asked my instructor about how LS trained their wannabe instructors, and what she told me sounded a lot like massive exposure to the point where you just did it because it would be the only way that would let you accomplish what was expected of them. And most everyone it sounded like came out of this experience with great skills. So did I somehow misinterpert my instructor, or are there just different ways of going about it? And which way did you learn it?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved