Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#18866 12/17/00 03:24 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

I learned PhotoReading with Paul when he was developing it back in 1985. We started with only spontaneous activation, which we realized wasn't practical for our students, so we developed the manual activation techniques.

In the first year I PhotoRead 1300 books. I'd PhotoRead entire shelves in the library every visit. I'd leave the library with boxes of books.

Paul and I talked about our experiences continually. I remember a Friday night. I was at my home and he his. We were both PhotoReading when Paul noticed the blip page and asked if I had it too. The word "blip" was born that night, because that was the word Paul used to describe it to me over the telephone.

Now, to the instructor training. We would hpoe that instructor trainees came to the training having mastered PhotoReading. I don't know if that has ever been the case. During the course we teach the trainees how to learn how to learn, and we teach them how to teach how to learn how to learn.

We don't teach PhotoReading, but in order to learn to teach to learn to learn you must use PhotoReading and every turn.

Trainees actually only learn to teach one 5-15 segment of the PhotoReading course using everything they had previously learned in the training. Upon completion of the training, the instructor candidate must on their own apply their new learnings to every component of the course.

They then put it together in front of a practice class of 6-8 people. After that, two more days of training and then their certification class where they teach with a master certifying instructor in the room with them. There's two more days of training after that. At that point the candidate is either certified or given a plan for further work in order to be certified.

So, as a result of the intensive experience instructors go through, their PhotoReading proficiency increases significantly.

#18867 12/18/00 06:15 AM

Thanks Pete. Now if I were to PR over a 1000 books in a year, that would be twice as effective as PRing 500?

You told Brian a few posts ago that one needs patience. So would it be better to read a moderate amount, and saturate my mind, or PR as much as I possibly can, oversaturating till the information is just flooding my conscious? (which would be very cool )

And if you only had spontaneous activation back in the days with Paul, is activation really necessary? Could I possibly get more out of not activating at all, and just having faith that the information will come to me when I need it? Though this would probably feel pretty insecure for some time, the feeling would certainly pass. I'm betting it has for you.

Alas, the time has come. Good day.

#18868 12/17/00 11:45 PM

In the first year I PhotoRead 1300 books. I'd PhotoRead entire shelves in the library every visit. I'd leave the library with boxes of books.

I'm there! Literally, I'm work at a library... I begin tonight.

Truly, Mr. Bissonette, if you provided a detailed history of how you learned to photoread so amazingly, wouldn't it be possible for others to model you and thus experience the same results or at least to some degree?

just a thought... (and a rather exhilarating one at that!)

#18869 12/18/00 01:44 AM

Exactly, Brian. If we follow NLP, and I think we do, then we should be modelling people like Pete and Paul, or if there are even better photoreaders out there. (no offense....) Of course, the PR courses are based off what these men (and women) have learned works and what doesn't work. But the idea that I just have to practice till I'm perfect does not appeal to me. We are all human beings, basically the same neurologically, therefore, according to Bandler and Grinder, we should just be able to model there internal/external strategies to be able to Photoread like experts. Is this being done, and I'm just ranting for no perticular reason, or is there the possibily that there is something uptapped here?

Peace.
(Again, I just can't help it. It must be a complusion. )

#18870 12/18/00 10:04 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

It is more about doing than practicing. While practice can provide proficiency, doing is much more motivating, more results generating.

#18871 12/19/00 08:24 AM

It is more about doing than practicing. While practice can provide proficiency, doing is much more motivating, more results generating.

More results generating, eh? Check out:
http://www.film.com/film-review/2000/10014244/100/default-review.html

Go for Clip 1.
--
This clip has blown the top off of my mind. Limits? We all have our own respective proficiencies--and most of us think we are pretty good at something or other... I know this is only a movie. But just what IS possible?

After viewing the clip, "Do or do not--there is no practice!" (to coin a phrase) I appreciate the full value of what you just said.

In Zen it is called,
"Spontaneous Right Action" ...good stuff...the best.

#18872 12/20/00 04:04 AM

"There are many benefits for PhotoReading a book multiple times. Sure do it.
Be careful, however, that you are not trying to force your brain to pay attention to the book, because the brain does not respond favorably to force."

My understanding so far: When PRing - be in alpha. Now, how do I know I am?
Is the sing-a-song thing to achieve concentration yet at the same time avoiding concentrating on the book? And is this kind of concentrating equal to being in alpha? Has anybody tried to count backwards like in Silva? The trouble is, there is no feedback, is there? So, you guys - what's alpha like?

And Pete: What exactly is going on in your mind when you are in PRing? (Working on the databank for borrowing genius)

On the other hand, again from what I read in the Silva books, it might not matter in what state your mind is in, as long as you keep your eyes open, because the Silva people can apparently retrieve information from former situations, which all entered their mind, no matter what state they were in, when they need them to solve their problems on the screen. If that is so - forget about alpha and rather concentrate on developing recall abilities? Could it be that as a beginner we simply overemphasize the PRing step?

Looking forward to your reply

Happyday

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved