Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline

What has been your experience of this guided scession by Win?

I did not feel any attraction to this in Win's book. However, after listening to the guided imagery scession, i was totally amazed at my experience. I did not even listen w/ total concentration, yet my experiences as a child and then the adult were so dramatically different, i was amazed.

Margaret,

I practically covet your ability to let go and immerse yourself in these experiences. The toolbuilder exercise was interesting but it was not immersive for me. It would be great to model this skill of yours.

Margaret, I had the same suprising experience as you. When I put myself into a child, my view of the situation changed dramatically. Even when I listened to myself on tape afterwards, my voice changed to a more child like voice.

Very powerful.

George

OP Offline

Mgrego, you know i think it must have to do w/ all my Silva visualization & imagination work. I wasn't even really paying attention.

I am still torn w/ keeping GC or sending it back. If Paul had done the guided imagery for Advanced Civilization and Genius Activator, i would have definitely kept it because i'd be listening off/on to them. But there is something about Win's voice that is irritating to me. It's probably me though because i was very irritated to MO's actors. After the first couple tapes, i got sick of listening to that guy. He was a total turn-off for me...i.e., his voice was a turn-off. I'm sure he's a nice guy.

If Paul had just done those visualizations then i would know i'd be using them. Win's voice is not trained or professional. The noises he makes are disturbing and his enthusiasm for saying DELICIOUS a million times just got to me.

My plan is to use Quietude for my visualizations or the squish sound of the Silva alpha entrainment tape.

George---i'm glad you also had that experience. It was definitely not something i expected to happen.

OP Offline

Mgrego,
One additional comment on getting immersed. I've been listening to holosync for almost 4 years now...every single day. I also anchor deep states of brain wave using the Silva 3 finger technique regularly.

Almost immediately i can get into deep alpha now w/ my eyes fully open. For me it all started w/ PhRing.

Margaret,

I know what you mean about the guy from MO. He drove me nuts. That is the set I wish I had returned in time.

I agree also on the delicioususage. It is irritating. I still don't know what a delicious breath is (of course, in my ignorance, I am also unable to make a breath feel like I'm stroking soft velvet, but that's me). In fact, the breathing exercises were probably the most distracting thing about the recordings. Once Win got to the meat of the session, I was able to focus again. He is clearly an intelligent and generous man, so I feel bad saying any of this.

Your comments on alpha are interesting. It's definitely an area of opportunity. There must be a transition point that slips by. It has been only since beginning to image stream that I realized I slip into these reveries where "real" image streaming occurs. Unfortunately, in those situations, it's practically hypnogogic, so I don't realize it until it's over.

OP Offline

Mgrego,
YES , you are very correct about Win. I could tell just by listening to his voice that he is a kind and generous man. So, i too feel badly about mentioning it. I really did so in order to hopefully influence LS in the future. No actors and Paul's voice. Why not use Dana's voice. We all know and like his voice.

I agree w/ you that the imagery Win used was not workable for me--i substituted smells and feelings i am familiar w/ as he spoke.

quote:
Unfortunately, in those situations, it's practically hypnogogic, so I don't realize it until it's over.

How very interesting b/c i am the same way. From the time i purchased my micro tape recorder till even now, i am too deep. I sound like i'm half asleep and yawning all the time. Maybe i need to count up some when i get like that. Not all the way but up to 3.

I'm more used to image streaming from walking the dogs and talking to myself. I can image stream very nicely when i just walk along talking to myself out loud.

You know we can image stream for problems w/o going into all that imagery. Just start talking and let your mind go where it will w/ detailed description. When it's over, just get a feel for different areas that hit you.

L. Day's book, Practical Intuition calls for lots of image streaming. I have a whole setup for her stuff that works well for me. I now include the tape recorder. If you want to take your IS to another level, use her book. It definitely will support IM as it is taught in GC.

good luck

Marcia Emery's PowerHunch is the same way, without the verbalization. That was surprising to me, for some reason.

quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:
Mgrego,

L. Day's book, Practical Intuition calls for lots of image streaming. I have a whole setup for her stuff that works well for me. I now include the tape recorder. If you want to take your IS to another level, use her book. It definitely will support IM as it is taught in GC.

good luck

OP Offline

I've written her name down to check out. All intuition is based on detailed, detached, accounts w/ full sense reporting. Then verification via the normal methods.

I tend to just repeat my old images over and over again before i get into the actual IS. I just seem to see the same old stuff and then it trails off into new stuff. I used to be frustrated, but now i think it's just a part of my particular style. The bouncing ball and the kite and walking on the beach are forever w/ my basic setup The other day i went from these to suddenly snowboarding down a mountain in South America. It's funny really, but i need my bouncing ball and kite and sand to get me started.

Margaret, mgrego2

I agree with both of you about the "other than Paul's" voice on GC. I got enough info and direction through one listen that I can do the excercises on my own. I will, however, listen to Pauls explanational tapes from time to time, to reinforce what I am doing.

Dr. Wenger IS a fricking genius, but I can visualize a velvety smooth breathing more better by reading the technique and inventing a sexy voice in my head.

George

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved