Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline

Pete, in a former post, you mentioned how in the early days, when you and Paul Photoread, you had no manual activation, so you only learned from spontaneous activation. So my question is: how can you rely on spontaneous activation to come through for you? Did you learn of any methods for inducing spontaneous activation? (besides manual activation, of course)

Does anyone know of ways to induce spontaneous activation?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

PhotoRead 3-10 books every day for a few months. You will experience spontaneous activation. Multiple times. Once you start doing it, it is a lot easier to continue doing it.

One suggestion might be to improve the quality of communication between the part of your mind that requires the information and that part which you would like have 'spontaneously' supply it.
There appear to be several candidates for techniques to aid this communication: 'image streaming', 'free noting' or just keeping a notebook handy and jotting down whatever comes to mind.

As a famous comedian said:

"I plan to be spontaneous tomorrow"

Pete...
"PhotoRead 3-10 books every day for a few months. You will experience spontaneous activation. Multiple times. Once you start doing it, it is a lot easier to continue doing it"

do you mean to jus prepare, preview, photoread only...

I'm getting confuse with this forum when people say that when you Photoread (should you do the entire process or just the Photoreading step?)

You do a lot of PhRing which is the technique of turning the pages and seeing the blip page or the X.

The course tells us to photo read a number of books a day. But, you only activate 1 book a week.

When i first began, all i did was photo read around 5 books or so a day. I did not activate those books. I just got the technique down to where i was really comfortable doing it.

Then i continued to PhR books & activated only the books i was interested in. I got the technique down & then worked on the activation part after.

Everyone's style is different.

quote:
Originally posted by Tim_with_a_T:
Pete, in a former post, you mentioned how in the early days, when you and Paul Photoread, you had no manual activation, so you only learned from spontaneous activation. So my question is: how can you rely on spontaneous activation to come through for you? Did you learn of any methods for inducing spontaneous activation? (besides manual activation, of course)

For Pete's 3-10 books, just do prepare, preview, and PhotoRead. You don't have to spend a lot of time previewing.

The other posts refer to when you want to build conscious comprehension of the book in front of you. Then do all of the steps. But for burning in the process to stimulate automatic activation, just do the first three steps.

Thanks for clearing that up....

Dana...
"You don't have to spend a lot of time previewing."

what do you mean?

on the previewing steps, do I skip the trigger words part, or do i get a piece of paper and write them down, or am i to make a mental note of them before the photoreading step?

Paul Scheele explains the answers to your questions best on pages 32-39 of the PhotoReading how-to book!

Paul, do you personally know about mental photography?

I have another question please. I find PhotoReading the book upside down pretty helpful because this would prevent me from consciously reading the words. But the problem is I don't know whether to PhotoRead from the first to the last page or the last to the first. Both felt the same though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved