Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Brian,
When i was your age, i felt the same way. But, in the 30+ years since then, i have come to understand that status, money & power can be used for the good of the world, to benefit the world. My vision was limited to understanding status, $$ & power b/c i saw them thru the eyes of my parents. It took a long time to understand them on my terms.

quote:
Originally posted by Brian649:
[b]It would seem that the goal of an Ivy League education is status, money, power. I have no use for these things--beyond what is functional.

JR, you have a very Naval sounding name! Makes me think of traveling the seven seas... (seriously!) (I've always thought that the sound and spelling and associations of our name affect our destiny.) .... think of 'Poindexter', for instance. or... 'Lance'

Actually, the preset isn't really for sleep, though you may fall asleep listening to it. That was just something I was playing around with, trying to stimulate ... 'brain chi' for lack of a better term. I've not used it for sleep reduction, though I guess you can. It causes a veritable electical storm in the brain. It's not very safe, hence all the disclaimers and warnings. Aside from gastrointestinal problems, what you should be noticing after a while is a tingling that spreads slowly over and around every inch of your scalp. I can only assume this is electical activity. You may also notice stimulation of either the third eye or crown chakras.

This is like Centerpointe or Monroe on SuperSteroids. Same concept of adapting to lower and lower frequencies.. only eminently more intense.

The brain likes to carve and travel along paths of least resistance. I thought this might jar the brain out of those habitual modes of thinking. Why do this? Well, aside from horrible health consequences, I noticed that my mind would constantly get totally and completely absorbed in whatever task it was I decided to focus on. Time? Time flies like and arrow, but fruit flies like a banana. ... sorry, Time disappears, total flow ensues. Doer and Action become one, and all that. That was actually somewhat undesirable, because I started to get TOTALLY lost in trivial things as the time would fly by. Great for writing papers 'on automatic'. Horrible for writing email--it just never ends! Several times I've gotten totally and utterly lost in conversation. It would feel like ten minutes, but upon checking the clock, it's more like 2 hours. Isn't this what we're all aiming for with meditation? Existing in the present moment and all that? ...Feels great, I must say, but, can be impractical sometimes unless the mind is disciplined further.

Margaret,
I guess it comes down to 'doing what I want to do'. Is that childishness? Not that I'm talking about an aversion to work or wanting to play all the time. Rather, I get totally lost in my work! I am fortunate enough to have found an all-consuming passion, but unfortunate in that career opportunities are few and far.

Got Flow?

"Extended Deep Sleep" is it 6:58min long? I just found it on Napster, I'm about to download it.

Steven Halpern has some effective meditation "music"
Spectrum Suite slips you right into alpha. Also Higher Grounds is quite nice.

Eric

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved