Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#20191 03/17/01 03:39 PM

I have discovered through many mediums that having the goal is more important than retaining the goal. Once you've arrived, there's something else that peaks your interest, unless your the type of person who isn't driven by goals - any Bass fisherman out there?

#20192 03/18/01 06:56 AM

quote:
Necessity is the mother of invention.

I've used that quote a number of times this week
quote:
Thanks for your reply guys. They are just what I had hoped for...

I second that!

[This message has been edited by Lomas (edited March 18, 2001).]

#20193 03/18/01 07:32 AM

When my friend originally informed me about photoreading and we were discussing its potential, we pondered the idea of 'photoreading the library'. The potential!

Well, since then, I 'haven't had the time' to do so, and am only starting to really integrate these skills. Now that this topic has sort of been brought up again, I think its time to get this 'project' started. I need all the encouragement I can get!

Thanks,
Lomas

[This message has been edited by Lomas (edited March 18, 2001).]

#20194 03/18/01 07:41 AM

GO GO GO

(how was that for encoragement? )

seriously photoreading 100 books takes only about 1.5 hours. Photoread evey single book you can get your hands on pertaining to the topic you are interested and activate about 10 of the key books Set aside a Saturday afternoon at the library for a reading marathon. It will be excelent practice for photofucusing, staying relaxed, staying focused/concentrating, as well as excelent practice for activation. Just do a lot of it

Have fun :0

[This message has been edited by Elmo9 (edited March 18, 2001).]

#20195 03/18/01 11:26 PM

Thanks for the encouragement Elmo9!

A couple questions though:

How much time should I spend in between books (reaffirming, etc.)? A few seconds? What purpose should I maintain? To gain knowledge?

100 books in 1.5 hours? Wow! In 50 of those sessions I can read as many books as someone I know has read in his life! THE POWER!

#20196 03/18/01 11:41 PM

The key is speed. Just zip through it as fast as you possibley can. Spend only like 30 seconds previewing. When previewing i usually enter the accel learning state then zip through the table of content.

As for affirmation i often use "as i photoread this book (titile) i am extremely curious to know how many way my unconcious mind is communicating to me " and "as i photoread my concentration is absolute" as well as "after i photoread this book i will be totally relaxed"

Just say those to yourself as affimation. As for purpose, I often found it better if i was more specific. Just "to deepen my knowledge" is a little vague for me.

Momentum is the key! Once you get going, you'll find it easier to keep going. Don't think about what you are doing; don't worry about wheather or not you are doing it right, just do it

#20197 03/19/01 12:03 AM

Ah! So I should 'preview' (as in zip through the table of contents)? Ok. Thanks for the advice! I'll try it later today or tomorrow.

#20198 03/19/01 06:35 AM

Should I conjure up new purposes for every book? Or should I keep at the same purpose (for photoreading sections of the library)?

Also, sorry for taking this post a bit off topic.

[This message has been edited by Lomas (edited March 19, 2001).]

#20199 03/19/01 08:00 AM
Jovo Offline OP
OP Offline

When reading 100 books a day do you preview every single one or just some? And how much do you wait between PRing two books? Do you do it at once or split it in two or three PR sessions? Do you stop when you start daydreaming or get sore neck/arm?

Sorry for throwing questions at you like this but I really need those answers from someone who knows.

#20200 03/19/01 09:10 AM

It is best if you have a clearly defined purpose for eveything you read. It gives the book a sense of importance.

The best way to remember anything it to peg it to things in your long term memory. The more links you make to the things you already know the the more accesible that info becomes to your concious mind.

Take the times table we learned in grades school as an example; it is linked to algebra, fractions, radicals, calculus....etc to forget the times table for ppl who have master the basics of math, it is almost impossible.

What im trying to say is, the more important the thing you are trying to learn/read is, the more your mind tends to open up.

If i want to photoread, for example, on the subject of gardening, if i don't approach it with some sort of curiouslity, chances are, my mind is going to put the whole subject off because it isn't important to me and its pending at really LOW priority in my mind.

If, however, i approach the subject of Quantum physics, a subject which i already have a deep curiousity into, my mind would open up and absorb the things i read and it would be pending at a high priority in my mind.

It ultimately comes down to stating a clearly defined purpose. The purpose itself creats a sence of curiosity; you can make a low priority subject become a high priority subject.

Do it for evey single book you photoread, it only take a few seconds to formlate a purpose.

It really depends on wheather or not i have 1.5 to 2 hours to spare. I don't photoread 100 evey single day but it so happens that this week i found the time.

And no i don't get any body pain from it since im a pretty active athlete and i take a few seconds in between every book to stretch.

Yes i do the whole thing in one sitting

[This message has been edited by Elmo9 (edited March 19, 2001).]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved