Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

quote:
Originally posted by Pete Bissonette:
The media buyers do not want to publicize the schedule, because they do not want to tip off media buyers of other infomercials.

====

Dana's comments about spontaneous activation hit it right on the head. Tonight I took one our instructors from Germany, Evelyn Wild, to the orchestra in the Twin Cities. When I was driving her back to Paul Scheele's house, where she was staying, we talked about her personal PhotoReading experiences.

She says PhotoReading has dramatically changed her life. She can suck information from books whenever she wants. More importantly, though, she PhotoReads everything and she continuously surprises herself with what she knows. She might be in a meeting with client and she find herself contributing information and facts she should not have known. That's like what Dana was describing.

She told me of a college student who she spoke with last week. He was studying a biology text book (I think that was the subject) for a test the next day. He quit studying because the information seemed so familiar, that he already knew it. He then aced the test. He attributed it to PhotoReading, because he had never had that feeling of familiarity about his school work--he would always study until the last minute.

I asked Evelyn if learning PhotoReading was easy for her. She said initially she was trying to perfect PhotoReading by doing everything just right. She said she was frustrated and got very little benefit. As soon as she let go of the need to do it right, she blossomed with it. That experience led her right into our German instructor training course!

===

So many people ask, "How can I do what you do on the infomercial." Like Evelyn discovered: do not force it.

Develop your PhotoReading skills step by step. Enjoy your successes along the way. Stay curious. Remain upbeat and positive. Give yourself a break.

===

Remember, PhotoReading at 25,000 words a minute is not the same as "reading" at 25,000 words a minute. Most people think of reading as having conscious knowledge of the information as you go along. You can't do it at those speeds.

When I PhotoRead on the computer screen on the infomercial, I did not know what was going on while I PhotoRead. Not at all. It was all a blur of text streaming in front of my eyes.

When they asked me questions, images began emerging in my mind and I described the images. It was like a mind probe. When I answered the first question, I still did not know what the story was about. When they asked the next question, I had more images emerge, and I described them. Had the process continued, I would have eventually put the story together. If I wanted it sooner, I would have had to activate the story just as I would a book.

===

There is nothing magical about PhotoReading. From the beginning Paul and I have always been fascinated at now complex people make PhotoReading. It is a simple system for processing information.

A beginning PhotoReader can go through information three times faster than they could without PhotoReading.

It is not unusual for beginners to question whether the "PhotoReading" step works. Well, if you look for any pieces of evidence that the PhotoReading step works, you will probably find it. Build on it.

If that's not for you--maybe you talk yourself out of believing the evidence had anything to do with PhotoReading--then try activating a book without PhotoReading it. You simply cannot get the level of comprehension or understanding in the same period of time (and if you do, you got lucky, so try it again).

A great test is to PhotoRead a horrible suspense thriller before bed, and notice your dreams.

Hi Pete,

I just received the course and am already on tape #6. So far I've had an increase in dream activity, which is rare for me because I normally can't remember my dreams! I've also found that the eye to mind connection is growing stronger because I don't subvocalize the words as much as I used to.

I'm in the computer field and I am studying for various certifications and I really need to know the information I PR.

Now, I would like to know approximately how long it took you to feel the "gel" experience of information?

Around how many books should I PR per day to achieve the results I'm looking for which are having the ability to recall at least 90 percent of what I PR?

Any tips or tricks I could try?

I truly want this to work for me because I'm positive it will change my life!

By the way, your ability is absolutely amazing!

Thanks Pete

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Books gel for me in 20-30 minutes. If it takes longer, I usually wait until the next day. I do not know when I first experienced it, because it was several years before I understood the relationship.

90%? Yikes. That's unrealistic. You probably do not have 90% comprehension for regular reading. Take it in stages, and improve from there. For the first few months PhotoRead as many books each day that you can--5-10 would be good.

Tips? The Forum and the course are full of them. Play with them.

Everyone has the ability. Most simple do not use it.

Folks,

I wish I could get as lucky as Evelyn Wild ! I have had the PR Home Study book since the end of April, 2001. I have gotten excited many, many times during my approx. 50 book of PRing. But, alas, activation eludes me. Maybe college and school students, and newly graduated kids are better suited to learn and pick up on this.

I have mastered the 3 PR steps. Relaxation State, Preview, Blip page. I also PR my prayers everyday (without activating them) twice. I have also tried to MM but only am successful by looking at the book and copying down the trigger words. I have done super-reading and dipping. I think I have dipped at the right places (trigger words). I believe my intuitive senses are getting better. I have also mastered the 3, 2, 1 stages of relaxation. My tennis has gotten better and so has my billiards.

Dana does say 'gel' quite a bit in his posts. But, I just cannot 'pull' anything from my inner mind into my conscious mind whether in whole or in parts of any book or written material that I have PRed !
I also keep repeating the affirmations daily.
I am afraid to register for a hands-on-seminar as I feel I will be unsuccessful as I have wasted tons of money on seminars before. And, my boatload of books, magazines, journals, newspapers just keep piling up !

Maybe I am trying too hard. I also gave up a phenomenal promotion just so that I can master PR and then be SUCCESSFUL at that very busy and stressful level in the corporate world. Heck, I dream of leaving the corporate world once I master this PRing and activating !

I also makes sure my NOPS is in place. I guess I got to keep NOPS till I am successful.

I really admire all the folks who've mastered PR.

Aron

Xavier,

90% recall of PR material is a bit unrealistic. That's what I expected when I started PRing but later I came to understanding that PR is not 'memorizing technique' but comprehension technique. So, if you need to know almost everything (I often do since I'm a student) combine memory techniques with PR. It should work like a charm.

I think I will take up on that and look for comprehension of the chapter(s) rather than 'memorization' as I do use memory techniques.

x Offline

Could it be that some of the board members who complain about PhR's usefulness are actually afraid of success? Hmm...I wonder...

Administrator
Administrator

When you learn it one way at school. Use that method for many years and then find there might have been a better or eaiser way to do something. We give ourselves the feeling that we've been doing it wrong for so long. It becomes hard for us to accept or embrace the new method. We have to find a way to release the old first.

I know when I first learnt the system I tried to block it. Ignoring the evidence that my inner mind was able to absorb and make sense of the material that I have read without much hard intervention from my conscious mind. I conveniently interperted my results as a sign that I was failing at photoreading. On reflection after completing the course I had to acknowledge the sheer brilliance of my inner mind processing data. Afterall just how much coincidence can there be to get 3 successive hits followed by 3 words that weren't even in the dictionary. My mind picked the missing words to keep me in my comfort zone and yet the wonder of how my mind knew the words weren't in the dictionary were initally ignored by me.

It really went to prove to me that your mind produces the results you expect.

The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen. - Frank Lloyd Wright (1869-1959)

Alex

x Offline

I see your point Alex. You're right.

But I fail to understand why anyone would be so quick to criticize something that has so much potential to free their mental capacity. It's like a prisoner who is granted full pardon but says 'no thank you, I'd rather go back into the hole for 3 more days and then stay under maximum security til I die.'

And I don't understand why someone who misunderstands the system's claims would try to debunk the system. Yes, you can read 25,000wpm easily in photofocus. Then why do some people insist that it's not possible because they can't do 25,000wpm in a rapidread? RR and skim/dipping & skittering are supposed to be slower than PF/PhR! It doesn't invalidate the system whatsoever. It makes the system much more flexible because it becomes a mindbody system instead of simply a conscious comprehension exercise.

And, why would someone insist the system isn't good for memorization if they haven't even tried to mindmap and don't activate their material properly? That's not giving the system a chance to work!

It would seem to me that maybe some people want the system to fail for them, to justify their old habits; hence my original comment above yours.

At the very least PhR is worth the effort which is much less than the old way of reading was. I for one have learned so much from the system and Natural Brilliance book that I wouldn't give the course back if LSG paid me 10 times what I bought for it. And I look forward to the day when I have the whole system down cold.

The world today moves so fast that the person who says 'it can't be done' is often interrupted midsentence by the person who is busy doing it.

Administrator
Administrator

The western school systems have taught that it's wrong to be wrong. Or you're bad if you get it wrong. We hate low grades at school. We hate making mistakes and we hate feeling like failures because it's taking us longer to learn something compared to someone else. That is the primary thing we ever learn in school. While everything else we learn in school we might forget... we NEVER forget that school taught us... IT'S WRONG TO GET IT WRONG We have to get it right and get it right the first time.

Since photoreading isn't taught in school and is a different system of reading. It is even taught in a different way (tapes) so some people will take a longer time to learn it. This is a real stretch of the comfort zone. Rather than being 'graded' a slow learner of the system it becomes easier to protect oneself and say the system doesn't work, or system doesn't work 'for them'.

It's easier to place the blame on the system than to Get it wrong a few times while learning.

The prisoner that prefers to stay in prison does so because outside of prison it is easier for him to get it wrong. Self preservation - rather risk than making a mistake stay away from the thing that might make you look bad.

While we don't understand why someone would prefer to stay stuck in a rut. School has taught us that it is better not to make a mistake. Who can forget... 'Since you failed your times table we are going to sit here and learn them until you get it right... Doesn't it become safer to remain ignorant than to risk making a mistake while your learning. Afterall when you spent 7 long years learning mistakes are not ok... why would you want to do something knowing you might get it wrong the first time?

Alex

one of u guys mentioned something about combining memory techniwues with PR, im wondering if u could describe any.. or share where u got the information from!!

CHEERS!?!!?!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved