Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20776 04/11/01 02:20 PM
OP Offline

he people my name is sokrates. i'm 19 years old and want to learn the Photo Reading Whole mind System. So i decides to buy the book. After i read it, i wasn't really sure what i've to do.
So if there is somebody out there who can explain it to me as if i would be 5, thanks!
What is Rapid reading? how does it work??
What's the easiest way to activate my knowlegde??

#20777 04/11/01 03:25 PM

Sokrates,

I thought you were great in "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure."

Rapid reading is like speed reading. You're looking at every sentence in the book. You're trying to gain conscious awareness of all the book's contents. However, after PRing a book, your Rapid Reading speed should be faster than if you hadn't PR'd the book (from my experience, anyway). Rapid Reading is an optional step used with books for which you want full conscious comprehension.

Super Reading, on the other hand, is kind of like the "warmer/colder" game you may have played when you were younger. A friend picks something in the room. You have to walk around the room and determine what they picked. They give you feedback by saying you're colder as you walk away from the item and you're warmer as you're walking toward the item. Based on that feedback, you zero in on what they picked. With respect to PRing, you have PR'd this information and your brain has processed it. Based on the purpose you established, your unconscious mind has selected that information that is relevant for you. Now, as you Super Read (wander around the room looking for the item), your unconscious mind will tell you you're getting warmer as you trace your eyes down the page (friend's feedback). The trickiest part is that the unconscious mind has a wide variety of ways of giving you the "you're getting warmer" feedback. No one can tell you what your mind will use. You have to pay attention to sounds, feelings, pictures, emotions, etc. After a while, you'll start to notice a consistent pattern. That will be your mind's signal that you're getting warmer and it will be your cue to dip. Does this make any sense at all?

As far as activating. I would highly recommend two things:
1. Use the 5 Day Plan several times until you really sense the results
2. PR several novels without any of the other process steps. Do it with only a reading light on in the room and pay attention to the thoughts/feelings you're having while you're PRing the novel. If you get a specific thought or image or feeling, stop PRing and go back a couple of pages and see what was happening in the novel. If your experience is like mine, you'll be amazed at the results.

Hope this helps.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved