Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#21057 05/21/01 09:44 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Pictures. Not of the text, but of something similar to what was written about in the text.

#21058 05/31/01 05:06 AM

Hello Pete,

I saw your add over the weekend and bought
your photoreading system. I am a medical student and am currently studying for the
US Medical Licensing Exam Step I.

What kind of turn-around time should I expect
for such technical material. Fortunately,
I have seen all of my the course material over the last two years which is on the exam. I hope my expectations aren't too high, but I was wondering what is recommended for getting to a strong start.

I also hope I don't get too frustrated, I have about three weeks to get through alot of material and review for the exam. What should I expect to accomplish in that amount of time.

If I am successful I will certainly be a strong advocate for your system and tell other medical students to try it out for themselves.

The ad was truly amazing, I realize I won't be able to read THAT fast, but any improvement would be great. I have checked out the web while I wait for the materials and found a site on stereo-reading, is the system similar to that, I had little luck with it, my eyes just don't focus on the whole page maybe because I have strabismus and have trouble focusing both eyes at once, are there any exercises I could do to help me prepare for using the photoreading program faster and more successfully.

Thanks,

Steve Morreale
Emory University School of Medicine

#21059 06/04/01 01:14 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Once you have completed the course, PhotoRead all of the texts that relate to the test.

Then study as you normally would, but substitute the PhotoReading whole mind system for any reading you must do. This will help you get through your reading three times faster.

PhotoReading is not magic. You must use the system, without taking short cuts. Don't expect to do as well as I. Give yourself time; give yourself slack.

Be sure to follow Paul's study tips, which are in the PhotoReading book, Chapter 8.

#21060 06/10/01 04:58 AM

I just got the photoreading system.

Thank you for your advice, it is easy to want to find some magical short-cut when your getting burnt out studying... LOL

I must say that just using the mapping technique is very high-yield for reviewing material. The process of figuring out how to write a mind-map, deciding where things should go and what is important makes me more of an active reader, otherwise I snap into novel mode and forget nearly everything I just read.

I have just tried the photoreading step and honestly I have no idea what I am doing and am not sure if I am doing it right (the wrong thought to have while trying to do it)and keeping the right eye focus.

Any suggestions on what I should be seeing and how to keep the focused state are welcome, also how to keep my mind from demanding immediately getting anything out of the photoreading step would be helpful.

Thank you for your reply.

-Steve

#21061 06/11/01 02:49 PM

Do you have the how-to book or the home study course?

With either, the best way to proceed is to relax and play with all the techniques. Make your first goal to master the basics. Do all five techniques on several books, so you get a good hang of it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved