Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by allenhm:
Enough already!!!!
regardless if 1x, 2x, or 18x faster, that is a vast improvement from where you are currently. Spend the time debating this to death or order the course and learn something really great and wonderful. If you are not going to learn the system, why worry about it? If you are going to learn the system why worry about??????

I just found Dana's and Pete replies seemed to imply that I was not hearing what I knew I was hearing.

Pete Wrote:
Nope - The 60-second ads say three times, unless they recorded a new version that we
haven't approved, which isn't very likely.

Dana wrote:
The 60-second radio ads do not mention 18 times faster.

All I know is that I heard the ad once more this morning and it does say upto 18 times faster with no practice required and long term retention.

OP Offline

quote:
Enough already!!!!
If you are not going to learn the system, why worry about it? If you are going to learn the system why worry about??????

Besides. As you would say. Enough Already. If you are already doing good with the course, why worry about me asking about the ad? If you are going to learn the system then why worry about me asking about the ad?

It's kinda like "Making a mountain out of a Mole Hill". Just learn the system. Any improvement is better than where you are now don't you'd think? If not, Oh Well!!!!!!!!!!

This is a good example of the concious mind and the subconcious mind. The critic and the performer. The concious mind analyze and critique, the subconcious mind is the doer. Squelch the critic and let the performer(subconcious mind)do what it does, and that is to do. DO THE SYSTEM!!!!!!!!

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Well, I dug back through the old scripts and the ad you are hearing might be one from 1998 which had 18 Xs and no practice.

Technically the ad is accurate, but it would be more accurate to say 3 Xs with no practice, but practice if you want to go to 18 Xs.

Use the PhotoReading whole mind system on enough books and you will get there. You'd probably get their quicker if you used the system versus practicing the system.

Thanks Pete. You're on "10". Prnewbie, "Just Do The System",worry about statistics later if you must.

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Pete Bissonette:
Well, I dug back through the old scripts and the ad you are hearing might be one from 1998 which had 18 Xs and no practice.

Technically the ad is accurate, but it would be more accurate to say 3 Xs with no practice, but practice if you want to go to 18 Xs.

I knew I wasn't just making it up thanks.

OP Offline

quote:
It's kinda like "Making a mountain out of a Mole Hill". Just learn the system. Any improvement is better than where you are now don't you'd think? If not, Oh Well!!!!!!!!!!

no i don't agree. 3x means about 600 wpm while 18x means about 3600 wpm so it does matter what the advertisement promises.

Whatever dude: While you are still pondering the mathematics over this subject, most if not all of us will have surpassed 25000 wpm while you are still worrying about 1x, 2x, 3x and 18x. Sorry that you will not be one of us. Let us know a few years from now did the math figure out correctly. Good Luck in whatever it is that you're doing!!!!!!!

OP Offline

quote:
Whatever dude: While you are still pondering the mathematics over this subject, most if not all of us will have surpassed 25000 wpm while you are still worrying about 1x, 2x, 3x and 18x. Sorry that you will not be one of us. Let us know a few years from now did the math figure out correctly. Good Luck in whatever it is that you're doing!!!!!!!

avg reading speed = 200 wpm
2x = 600 wpm
3x = 800 wpm
4x = 1000 wpm
5x = 1200 wpm
10x = 2200 wpm
18x = 3800 wpm

Dude go on believing that you can read upto 18 times faster as the ad says or three times faster as they now claim.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved