Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Allenhm,

It would be great to learn more about integrating the two. Does the eye chart drill offer anything? How about the distraction index? Is there anything offered with respect to activation that adds value? I've heard the first tape and there are certainly similarities. However, subdyn's claims seem more extreme and their customer support seems weak, if not non-existent. They offer a limited 60 day money-back guarantee but don't offer up exactly how it's limited.

The limited guarantee is a 25% stocking fee charge. They boasted to me that they didn't have one sent back to them last year.

quote:
Originally posted by mgrego2:
Allenhm,

However, subdyn's claims seem more extreme and their customer support seems weak, if not non-existent. They offer a limited 60 day money-back guarantee but don't offer up exactly how it's limited.

Still seems like a cult.

N. Armstrong:

Explain why it seems like a cult!

FYI,

There is an interesting posting available at Deja.com (now a subsidiary of Google), in which a gentleman who has taken Subdyn and PR shares his experience (sort of). To read it, follow this link...
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=subliminal+dynamics&hl=en&rnum=1&selm=anakin-1002980041440001%40user-38ld8rc.dialup.mindspring.com

I am usually skeptical of strong opinions such as the one below, but I am inclined to believe that it holds some truth to it.

quote:
Originally posted by mgrego2:
FYI,

There is an interesting posting available at Deja.com (now a subsidiary of Google), in which a gentleman who has taken Subdyn and PR shares his experience (sort of). To read it, follow this link...
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=sublimin al+dynamics&hl=en&rnum=1&selm=anakin-1002980041440001%40user-38ld8rc.dialup.mindspring.com

He did seem like he might have an axe to grind. However, he definitely makes some interesting points about their inability to activate. None of these techniques are worthwhile if we are unable to get the information out.

In my searches, Allenhm's positive comments about Subliminal Dynamics are the first I've read outside their advertising. I've been disappointed not to find more because they seem to have some interesting ideas. There must be some value to the SubDyn material. Allenhm may be right on when he suggests using some of the SubDyn techniques for acquisition and PR techniques for activation.

quote:
Originally posted by SDstudent:
I am usually skeptical of strong opinions such as the one below, but I am inclined to believe that it holds some truth to it.

mgrego and sdstudent:

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this topic. OK guys, here we go.
There must be some validity in the techniques from subliminal dynamics. You all must remember that photoreading is a spin off or more correctly put, got it's beginning from subdyn. Paul found that there exist a problem in some of the areas and took those problems and improved or deleted them plus added some extra things due to his previous training in NLP. From his hard diligent work we now have an improved version of mental photography known to us all on the forum as "Photoreading" There are some techniques that exist within Photoreading that caused a problem for me that I manage to get around with the help of subdyn techniques. Problem #1. The tangerine technique. I could not visualized a tangerine on the back top part of my head, let alone visualize looking over my own shoulder watching myself read and feel my vision widening. The eye chart drill took care of that. My field of vision has increased due to performing it 4 times daily.
as far as getting into the relaxed state of alertness, I close my eyes gently and take a deep breath and rotate my eyes upward 45 degrees towards my eyebrow(from silva mind method). After a few seconds, "BLAM", ALPHA!
The twice daily relaxation are a god send. Not only does it remove stress, which you must do in order to photoread,(no stress) but the reprogramming of the subconcious during each session is vital. The affirmations that you repeat inwardly to yourself will direct the subconcious mind to each word very clearly, will direct the subconcious to have the fingers turn the pages smoothly and evenly, to recall everything that you will need from a book when you need it and eventho there are distractions, to enhance concentration.
Problem #2. The quiet place or visualizing a flower during the 3-2-1 technique, then photoread. I had problems with the visualizing aspects of that. Instead, borrowed from subdyn technique, I close my eyes very gently and concentrate on my breathing, becoming very aware of my breathing. I notice that it slows down and levels out as I relax, from that point, I give myself the following suggestion:
a. My subconcious sees every word very clearly.
b. My fingers turn pages smoothly and evenly
c. I am able to recall all need info from (book title) after I photoread it.
Then I open my eyes, see the blip pages and begin photoreading. From that point on everything else is photoreading techniques, i.e. closing affirmations, activation, paraliminals. I hope this has been of some help to you all out there. It works for me!!!!

Also, somewhere down the road, I will be incorporating the dream programming and problem solving programming from subdyn into my practice and mastering of the photoreading system. I don't use the manifesting or health programming aspect of subdyn at this moment in time. Makes one hell of an arsenal I have when waging war against the information era. Pls excuse my mentality, being an old special operations team member, some things die hard
All of you out there remember, the more tools that you have in your toolbox, coupled with the appropriate training, the more you are capable of doing.

Allenhm,

Thanks. That helps a great deal. Wish I could find a copy of that eye chart. Hardly seems worth $400 for an eye chart.

Your comments about the tangerine and the visualized flower hit home. Haven't had much luck with those either. For the tangerine, I just FEEL something on the back top of my head. It does seem to help open up the field of vision. The flower thing goes right by me. I got the most benefit out of a Silva-based tape by a guy named Hans DeJong. Once you get past his silly accent, the technique is excellent for relaxation.

You're equally right about the big box of tools. Home projects always work out better with an assortment of tools to choose from. The failed projects are always the ones in which there was a shortage of useful tools. The brain ain't no different.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved