Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#2255 12/13/00 12:36 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Kinda. But it is more that there are only so many seconds in a day. I would ramble for hours--on any number of topics here--if I had more time available for this. It could be a great hobby.

#2256 12/28/00 08:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mgrego2:
I received AP as a part of the Consistent Achievement product. I've been a little overwhelmed by the process, since I have difficulty coming up with processes to encode in the first place. When I have to start combining them more quickly, I'm even more lost. I've read the tips in the guide but haven't really found them helpful. Is there anyone else out there who has had success with the tape and could provide some help?

Thanks

Hello mgrego2,

concerning encoding: I think, you mean how to represent up to 34 times a process in 7 seconds? Well, that's a problem I had to! The technique suggested by Paul Scheele using sounds did not work for me - I'm a more visual type. So I did the following:
I took a piece of paper and draw patterns:
The five of a dice for the five, a little pyramid with ten dots for the ten etc., combining them for the higher numbers. While using Automatic Pilot, I just let the dots flare, firing off the desired behaviour.

Hope this help,

Jens

P.S.: Here's the 10-dot-pyramid:

#2257 12/28/00 02:25 PM
mgrego2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Jens,

That's an interesting idea. So you look at the dots and watch them flare up in a pattern that matches the desired quantity? What is the link between the dots and the process? How do you choose which pieces of the process are represented?

I may be over-analyzing this, but I'm trying to decide what I can successfully use AP for and how I can represent those things that I choose to use.

Thanks for your idea.

#2258 12/28/00 08:37 PM

quote:

That's an interesting idea. So you look at the dots and watch them flare up in a pattern that matches the desired quantity?

Yes, that's the way I do it. For the smaller numbers I let them flare in sequence, for the larger numbers, I let them flare in numbers that just feel right for me.

quote:

What is the link between the dots and the process? How do you choose which pieces of the process are represented?

Well, when I go through the first sequence of steps to my goal, I notice how this experience, how the accomplishment feels. When firing off the dots, I simply re-experience this feeling, representing all of the steps at once.

Hope this helps,

Jens

#2259 01/10/01 02:19 PM
mgrego2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Jens,

I just wanted to thank you for your tips regarding the "Flaring Dot Method." I've finally gotten around to trying it out. It's the first Automatic Pilot-B session that I've listened to without getting stressed out. I'm sure it will have a big impact. Thanks again.

#2260 01/10/01 11:04 PM

mgrego2,

glad I could help.

Jens

#2261 01/11/01 09:09 PM

mgrego2 & Jens,

I don't know what you are talking about, but i expect the AP tape to arrive any day now.

I do know that Dana did some coaching w/ me on the phone on how to use this tape. He's never done that b/f.

I really like the concept of the Fibonacci progressions. It really interests me to attempt to experience this concept.

#2262 01/11/01 09:52 PM
mgrego2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Margaret,

Once you've evaluated Dana's suggestions, I hope you'll consider sharing them. Once you get the tape and understand what is being asked, you might also consider doing things Jen's way and comparing the two.

#2263 01/22/01 08:45 PM

I am totally confused w/ the AP tape.
I have forgotten everything Dana said to me. It seemed like i really understood him. My goal & the steps are very clear.

How am i to take something that has 10 steps to achieve & see those steps flash 34 times in 7 seconds?

I'm not totally clear on Jens concept either!

Pete you wrote this: Your brain can handle it as long as you don't let your conscious mind rule. I understand this. But, how am i to set my conscious mind aside to do something that takes 10 steps 34 times in 7 seconds. Note: i had to just put it aside b/c my head hurt. But, i feel challenged & excited to grasp this concept.

Help to one and all.........thanks!

#2264 01/22/01 09:44 PM
mgrego2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Based on Jen's idea, I created a sheet where I had dots looking like the faces of a die. I would put combinations of the dice to get the particular quantities in the sequence. On the first shot (one-time) I would visualize the whole process and note my feelings as I went through it. When I got to the point that I could no longer visualize the process, I would look at the appropriate line (say 8, 21, whatever) and feel that feeling while imagining some of the dots "flaring" at me. The number of dots I would flare at once would be determined by how many total I had to do. For instance, for 8, I could do one at a time. For 21, I would flare 2 or 3 at a time.

Does that make any sense?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved