Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
OP Offline

Is it me or are all the methods used sufficient enough to learn a book without the actual 'photoreading' stage?

Rapid reading - is it supposed to take that long? - when you have added all the techniques together you could probably read the book cover to cover with a few speed reading techniques in the same time that dont take nearly as much time or concentration.

Can skittering be left out?

this methods all seem very useful for a 'book' but what avbout text books with 800 pages with different sections etc all over the place previews will take for ever for a real understanding?

Please help me as i wish this method to work and be a quick and easy way but it does seem very timme consuming !

I want to be able to read such a 800 page book in under an hour is this possible and remember a goo 70% of it?

thanks to all in advance and please help!

lespaulsarecool

I hope this answers your question:

1) all steps in the PR system is required, but, play with it and see what works for you.
You might need to modify some steps to fit your need.

2) In learning the system, it is cumbersome in doing the steps, but as you stay with it, it gets easier and quicker. PR is vastly superior to seedreading (Your eyes do not get tired, you remember more of your readings and for longer periods than with speed reading.)

3) It works on all materials-no matter how long or short. But, again here, use the NOPS (NOTICE, OWN, PLAY, STAY)
Hope this helped.
jonah

[This message has been edited by jonah (edited August 07, 2001).]

lespaulsarecool:

It's seems to me that you are in an awful hurry to get the system to work for you, and within that in itself is creating stress which makes it difficult for all of the steps to come together. What I recommend to you is to "throttle back" on yourself and go through it with the mindset that if it works, "Wonderful"!, if not, that is fine also! and that will make a big difference. I've had the course since spring of 2000, and I start and then I stop. Then I pick it up again, no big deal. Remove the stress and go easy on yourself. There is no right, there is no wrong, just feedback. And please remember, NOPS. Notice your feeling and results, Own up to them, Play with the system, modify it to suit You!. And last but not least, Stay with it.

quote:
Originally posted by jonah:
1) all steps in the PR system are required

Not true. Not true at all. Often you can skip rapid reading as long as you feel that you have enough comprehension. Some people skip previewing for various reasons.

I agree with bubbles of evil. I don't rapid read at all, it doesn't make sense to me, e.g. the rapid reading technique. instead, I super read and dip, for more comprehension I regular read. I prefer postviewing over preview because I tend to want all of the information right then and spend way too much time previewing.

The only person you are going to discredit is yourself. Got it? Yourself.

The PhRing system is just fine. Unfortunately there are many people out there who lack patience, discipline, and just plain good common sense.

Everyone seems to want everything yesterday.

Good point Margaret!! it seems to me that this generation, I don't want anyone taking this the wrong way but, are sooooo into instant gratification. It's like the Duncan Hines cake mix commercial when the housewife comes home with the cake mix in the box and a few seconds later, she's spreading chocolate icing on the cake. But what you don't see is all the ingredience that is being put into the cake, the stirring and mixing and baking, the toil and sweat. All that takes time! You all get my point? Photoreading especially!!! It's just not gonna happen overnite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP Offline

thanks for all your replies and margaret that is no way of making people stick at anything my point is that with all the previews postviews speed read and rapid read you take in enough information to be able to comprehend a book and the idea of rapid reading again and again for greater comprehension all makes the actual photoreading stage seem pointless, as you can pick up the information you need from these methods which are far less needing of accelerative laerning states or whatever. the actual photoreading part seems like the marketing ploy to make it seem as if L.S.C. has actually stumbled across how to ingest a book quickly and the photoreading is their idea oftheir input when truly it is pointless.

Secondly, how are you suppossed to stick at something and ignore your regular reading in pratice of photoreading when you have essays and projects to complete through your comprehension of books it is far easier to get on with reading it or speed reading it thatn practicing for months on end a perfecting this method that may not even work and possibly cost me my degree.

I cannot telephone the company for advice as I am in the U.K. and e mail address would be useful to get some feedback

Hi
Once I have photoread a book, I go over it again at superspeed rates, not trying to understand it, but rather being alert to my feelings of pleasure or of completeness which alert me to the need to do some more indepth reading.
It's a little hard to adjust to the subconscious carrying on much of the workload ordinarily given to the conscious mind. My experience, though, is that this method is highly productive.
I trained my girlfriend in integrative reading, just using Scheele's book as my guide. She created a term report in about 1/10 the usual time, with her teacher commenting that it was "highly creative" while giving her an A!
One note:I am a nontraditionalist when using Scheele's system. I mix and blend from Callahan's "Five Minute Phobia Cure" and lightly tap part of the hand instead of doing Scheele's chanting. Seems to work fine

best wishes,
Mike
moochy_hope@yahoo.com

hi lespaulsarecool,
The rapid reading step is the last step in the process as you already know. However this step is supposed to be used only if you have a vague general idea that you want more out of the book and are unsure as to what you want OR you are simply curious and want to see if you missed something during all the other steps. Personally, I have yet to use rapid reading on a book and dont anticipate the need to do so in the future.

The PR step itself is neccessary in order to input the information into your sub-conscious mind. The activation steps are for bringing that information into your conscious mind. Without the PR step, direct activation would be impossible. Direct learning is soooo cool.

I very highly recommend that you go through the course one or two more times. I think that would clear up alot of you confusion.

Hope this helps,
Gregory

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved