Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Sorry to hear that PRing is so much work for you moochy. It's more like playing to me. If I wanted I could spend all day PRing. Perhaps you are working too hard at the process.

Play hard,
Gregory

OP Offline

Gregory come on I mean 'just get through it' dont pick on my wording you know exactly what I mean regular reading still gives a 70% comprehension - dont be snooty!

Your belief that you are really 'putting the information in your mind' is laughable you are doing that with the activation sessions and rapid reading etc etc this is how we learn, in short I think scheele is using the actual photoreading step as a personal input to already useful methods and cashing in on it!

State - one min im not to worry about it now it is critical - this is probably my main problem I also have problems keeping concentration with children around and a busy student house concentrating can be a problem!

Have you read the message I posted in response to your inquiries? It is as follows:

Hey--interestingly, i had the exact same skepticism about the photoreading step: if it is actually necessary considering all the repetitive activations that must be done afterwards. I haven't done enough activating on any book so far, so I haven't experienced a book "gelling." But, this just occured to me: since photoreading whole mind system focuses on using the more powerful subconscious mind, CONSCIOUS comprehension would be greatly delayed while we go through all the steps of the system. That is, a full conscious comprehension probably should be expected to occur instantly once the subconscious works it all out after sufficient activation has been done. (Am I right, folks?) With that in mind, I have decided to just repeat my activations on several books admist utter confusion and very little comprehension with hope that it will all come together at once (gels). I'm just waiting for that to happen (I've spent 3.5 hours activating two highly technical textbooks for college). I feel that it would take several more sessions since it would take me about 36 hours regular reading only one of them with full comprehension.

And I got a reply from Dana Hanson concerning my post:

You're right on track!
As a beginning PhotoReader gets through and comprehends their material 3 times faster, a book which would take 36 hours with regular reading would take around 12 hours with PR. And that boils down to about (22) 30-minute activation sessions, or less.

Remember for technical books to treat each chapter as a "book" itself and activate it from whole-to-parts.

Have you read the message I posted in response to your inquiries? It is as follows:

Hey--interestingly, i had the exact same skepticism about the photoreading step: if it is actually necessary considering all the repetitive activations that must be done afterwards. I haven't done enough activating on any book so far, so I haven't experienced a book "gelling." But, this just occured to me: since photoreading whole mind system focuses on using the more powerful subconscious mind, CONSCIOUS comprehension would be greatly delayed while we go through all the steps of the system. That is, a full conscious comprehension probably should be expected to occur instantly once the subconscious works it all out after sufficient activation has been done. (Am I right, folks?) With that in mind, I have decided to just repeat my activations on several books admist utter confusion and very little comprehension with hope that it will all come together at once (gels). I'm just waiting for that to happen (I've spent 3.5 hours activating two highly technical textbooks for college). I feel that it would take several more sessions since it would take me about 36 hours regular reading only one of them with full comprehension.

And I got a reply from Dana Hanson concerning my post:

You're right on track!
As a beginning PhotoReader gets through and comprehends their material 3 times faster, a book which would take 36 hours with regular reading would take around 12 hours with PR. And that boils down to about (22) 30-minute activation sessions, or less.

Remember for technical books to treat each chapter as a "book" itself and activate it from whole-to-parts.

Hi Les Pauls,
I'm sorry that you interpreted my post as being snooty. I didn't mean to sound that way.

When I used to regular read, before I learned PRing, I was lucky to get 60% comprehension. I do not know where you are in your learning of the system or your particular reading level before you started PRing. Your scepticism can be healthy, it can also block you from learning better ways of doing things. Perhaps you might consider putting your scepticism aside for a long enough period of time that you might be able to experience what others are talking about.

The info that is PR does enter into the subconscious mind. I know this from some experiences that I've had since I started PRing. Unfortunately, apearantly the only way that you will accept the possibility is if you experience the effect personaly. I sincerely hope you learn and are able to incorporate the system into your life.

Gregory

OP Offline

Gregory I just dont think youre listening to what im saying now youre being small minded!!! You will experience such 'gelling' i mean come on with some many passes through the book yure bound to photoreading or not - THIS THIS is what i have been trying to tell you as is quoted only a small percentage of a book is useful and a basic 50%-70% comprehension is gained through regular reading is bound to be picked up over like what did he say 22!! 22!! activation sessions and the information youll likely need for the textbook will involve rapid reading so will take you far longer - my point is merely this ----

I do NOT doubt the methods used to cut 50-70% comprehension of a book in a smaller time period as they are very useful as you are continually coming back to the information - BUT BUT the photoreading is not necessary to gain this and I believe it is merely a method of the LSC cashing in on their RE-discovery of GOOD learning techniques and I think you are being naive in believing such things .

Put it this way 22 ativation sessions with reading other things in between I mean you re gonna lead to downfall getting confused.

It is a metod of reading/picking up newspaper article size inputs over a period of time and continually renewing this makes it stick in your LTM - UNCONSCIOUS.

DONT BE TAKEN IN SO EASILY!!

gratefully ]

lespaulsarecool

Well, if you don't think it works for you then don’t use it and let us "naive" ones keeps learning the useless system.

PhotoReading regardless if that specific stage doesn't work has given me structure to reading that I didn't have before. I would usually just aimlessly go in with out a goal or what I wanted or how I was going to read the best. I am a person, who wants structure while doing certain activities, and reading is one of them, I didn't have it before this course, now I do. I can sit down now, know exactly the approach I am going to take while reading, know why I am reading, and that is a great help. A construction company doesn't just start building a house with no plans, no, they get blue prints and the works, they have to know what they are doing, and it makes them much more productive and better workers. Just like when I sit down to read I need a plan to read, and that makes me a better and faster reader.

There are people who just don’t like PhotoReading, and might not ever like it, and you are one of them, so I don’t know why you keep posting, is it that you have fun belittling people, which looks like it to me, or you might just like arguing, whatever it is this is my last post on this thread.

LOL. This is a quite funny debate. Who is naive here? The skeptics will say the supporters, the supporters may say the skeptics. Just the same think. Why not trying it out for a while and decide later? Why not follow the steps and guidelines given by the coaches and stop yelling YOU ARE NAIVE!!!!!?? If PR is indeed what it is supposed to be, then it can't hurt to try it out and if it works, then IT'S THE GREATEST SYSTEM IN EXISTENCE!!!!! Think about it.

Just more thoughts. It occurs to me that most people (at the extent of my knowledge) treats as false everything that at their first impression seems to be strange or at least rare. According to this line of thought, everyone stupid enough to try it is naive. But, how many treasures are out there waiting to be discovered that are just overlooked because of that lack of courage of the "smart guys". PR may be well one of those things that simply work and many take it as garbage, as a hoax put in the net to lure some fools. Just about how many of all people can be geniuses and they aren't because they are cowards? Yes, cowards. Those people that don't have the courage to be fools and try out something even when it may be a hoax. If we research the subject, we may decide if this may be a hoax or not. Then try it out. And if the system or whatever has a money back guarantee, then there is nothing to lose in trying it out, just some embarrasment. That's the point; cowards can't afford that.

Hi lespauls,
If you believe that the PR step is a gimic and useless, then don't do it; but remember that you are modifying the course and removing what Paul Scheele describes as a critical step that is neccessary. Myself and many others that have learned how to PR agree with him.

When you get frustrated enough with your "modified system" not working, you have two choices. 1.) Open your mind and learn the course as taught by Paul Scheele; OR 2.) return the course to LSC and get your money back.

Thank you for trying to enlighten me as to the errors of my ways as taught by Paul Sheele and Learning Strategies Corporation concerning PhotoReading. Your efforts are appreciated. However, I choose to remain on my path of ignorance and will continue to work the system as it is taught by LSC.

Good luck in the application of your PRing technique.

Sincerely,
Gregory

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved