Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

lespaulsarecool,

You strike me as being the kind of person who wants instant gratification. You have now put up a wall for yourself. You need to work with the system and use it when you can. This is not something you make happen it is something you let happen. YOU NEED TO BE A LITTLE MORE OPEN TO NEW IDEAS. Lighten up.

quote:
Originally posted by allenhm:
Good point Margaret!! it seems to me that this generation, I don't want anyone taking this the wrong way but, are sooooo into instant gratification. It's like the Duncan Hines cake mix commercial when the housewife comes home with the cake mix in the box and a few seconds later, she's spreading chocolate icing on the cake. But what you don't see is all the ingredience that is being put into the cake, the stirring and mixing and baking, the toil and sweat. All that takes time! You all get my point? Photoreading especially!!! It's just not gonna happen overnite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lespaularecool:

Please, Please, Please, remember this post that I posted on the 7 August 2001.
It is stated above. If you cannot, will not think about what has been stated, then by all means, request that you be refunded. I'm so sorry that your lack of will to see the whole thing through has clouded your better judgement. Maybe the Evelyn Woods speed reading course would be much more suited towards your needs and your impatience.

OP Offline

it is not impatience so stop being so snooty!!!!!

I DID - DID sya it was a very good way of structuring your reading and a good way of getting to know a book I mean 22 activation sessions returning to one book many time will do this my point was merely photoreading is useless but the other methods work fine - THEY are what make the book gel NOT the actual photoreading step why dont you stop being sceptical , open your mind and try it honestly without.

Another point I made was once you have photoread and activated material you will want to do more and more and to make it stick and gel you need to repeatedly activate the material - this will lead to confusion and another information overload - a lot of strain and the photofocus state is neither here or there.

quote:
Originally posted by lespaulsarecool:
it is not impatience so stop being so snooty!!!!!

I DID - DID sya it was a very good way of structuring your reading and a good way of getting to know a book I mean 22 activation sessions returning to one book many time will do this my point was merely photoreading is useless but the other methods work fine - THEY are what make the book gel NOT the actual photoreading step why dont you stop being sceptical , open your mind and try it honestly without.

Another point I made was once you have photoread and activated material you will want to do more and more and to make it stick and gel you need to repeatedly activate the material - this will lead to confusion and another information overload - a lot of strain and the photofocus state is neither here or there.

LesPaul,
The only one being 'snotty' is you. The people on this post are trying to help you by tell what works for them. Everything people have posted has either been misunderstood or 'snotty' Grow up. If you want the system to work, play around and see what works for you. But first stop being so snotty yourself have enough respect for people who are trying to help.

Les Pauls,

How do you know that the photoreading step itself is "useless", "irrelevant", "laughable", "pointless", and a "clever marketing gimic"?

How do you know that the Photoreading step of the process doesn't work as described by Paul Scheele?

[This message has been edited by Gregory (edited August 19, 2001).]

Remember that the recommended 22 activation sessions is for when you're still a beginner. Did it look like Pete did 22 activations on the infomercial?

This is just supposed to give you a good idea where to start, with a good idea of where you can end up.

Exactly. PhotoReaders know how much more powerfully printed information occurs to you when using the PhotoReading system. And we support anyone who has questions and wants to develop their skill. You can count on spending a 1/3 of the time it takes or less to comprehend your book using the PhotoReading system verses regular reading.

Lespaul, you're welcome to continue emailing me one-on-one when you are ready to develop your skill further.

kyo Offline

Lespauls,

Dude, if what u say is true, then how does one explain spontanious activation and all that jazz. What about all of those success stories? You dont just make stuff up like that. And besides, 22 activations is just for a 36 hour book. I know Im just a punk 16 year old that thinks he knows it all (and I do!!!) but in my short life-time ive learned that in order to get better at something ive had to work at it with effort and hold a genuine belief that what I am doing is gonna serve a purpose to better my quality of life, otherwise it just doesnt work out. I dunno what else can i say, you just gotta believe sometimes.

-Check ya later!

lespaulsarecool,

Hey i've had some troubles with the system but i have had enough good experiences to keep me thinking positive. And no, it's not magic. The photo reading step becomes more usefull as you use the entire system more. I think that as you read with your whole mind more it becomes easier and easier to retrive info from your inner mind.

Also, just look at all the people that are here to help you and guide you.

OP Offline

Right guys fair enough and points taken, I just dont see how it could replace regular reading maybe I need to spend a lot more time on it but i am about to re-embark on a degree course which is why I was looking for new 'learning stratergies', but I have tried numerous books and nothing - I cannot find the blip page and so use the 'x' method to 'photofocus' and sometimes lose concentration by the way I have not seen the informercial as it is not out in Britain!!!

I have trouble in finding how to find time to continue with these activation sessions I obviously have books to read BIG ONES and LOTS of them but photoreading one then another and then returning to the original for activiation sessions when you have photoread 20 books in between seems very confusing.

THANKS FOR ALL REPLIES IN ADVANCE

lespaulsarecool

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved