Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Hey Lespaulsarecool, do you even have a Les Paul? I got a Black LP Studio with EMG's. Zack Wylde would be proud.

Why don't you try something. I did this with martial arts books but if you play guitar or something you can do it with music books. PR about 10 books on music theory (or something you're into) without activating them and see if "things" just start "comming to you." For the first month the actual PR step was the only step that was giving me anything- so I'm the opposite of you.

What exactly do you want to know that Gregory hasn't already patiently elucidated?

You have a serious attitude problem that is noticeable in your choice of words. You refuse to see how PhRing could replace regular reading. That's a mental block right there to learning it.

You have trouble finding time to do the activation step. That's another block. How can anyone help you w/ these blocks? Change your attitude to seeing posibilities. Change your discipline to finding time. Change your skepticism to enthusiasm to explore a new technique.

My advice to you is take a book & go to your friends & explain to them about the blip page. Then when one of them figures out how to get it, ask them to explain it to you.

IT TAKES TIME AND PRACTICE TO LEARN HOW TO TURN PAGES SMOOTHLY & KEEP THE BLIP PAGE IN FOCUS. NONE OF US DID IT OVER NIGHT. WE ALL HAD TO PRACTICE.

Go to your library & pick easy books. Easy books are books that are easy to turn pages & easy for keeping the blip page or X. Soften your gaze to see all 4 corners & look slightly above the middle of the book.

Good luck b/c you have a serious approach problem that has nothing to do w/ learning the PhRing technique.

quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:
What exactly do you want to know that Gregory hasn't already patiently elucidated?

You have a serious attitude problem that is noticeable in your choice of words. You refuse to see how PhRing could replace regular reading. That's a mental block right there to learning it.

You have trouble finding time to do the activation step. That's another block. How can anyone help you w/ these blocks? Change your attitude to seeing posibilities. Change your discipline to finding time. Change your skepticism to enthusiasm to explore a new technique.

My advice to you is take a book & go to your friends & explain to them about the blip page. Then when one of them figures out how to get it, ask them to explain it to you.

IT TAKES TIME AND PRACTICE TO LEARN HOW TO TURN PAGES SMOOTHLY & KEEP THE BLIP PAGE IN FOCUS. NONE OF US DID IT OVER NIGHT. WE ALL HAD TO PRACTICE.

Go to your library & pick easy books. Easy books are books that are easy to turn pages & easy for keeping the blip page or X. Soften your gaze to see all 4 corners & look slightly above the middle of the book.

Good luck b/c you have a serious approach problem that has nothing to do w/ learning the PhRing technique.

Good Point, Margaret. You seem to know this PRing backwards and forwards. How long have you been Photoreading?

5 going on 6 yrs.

quote:
Originally posted by jonah:
Good Point, Margaret. You seem to know this PRing backwards and forwards. How long have you been Photoreading?

OP Offline

yes I do own a les paul custom (black beauty) thank you and arent they the coolest sounding guitars ever!

Anyway my main problem is lack of commitment to practice if you really do believe it works obviously my mental lock is an ostacle but I have just over 2 weeks to learn three text books a 600 a 1300 and an 800 pages long for my degree course I have been working a lot to find money and havent had time but my inexperience and mental blocks are gonna be difficult to overcome in such as shoprt space of time are they not???

these are obviously long books and if I am unfamiliar with keeping the X or blip page will using the photoreading technique not be very useful to me as I need a good understanding of these books.

I also have a problem finding silence !!!!

Oh and yes I have gained very high ranking in martial arts to to the person with the les pauls questions - the problem with scales and chord books I find is that they are bound using those plastic binders that fit through the perforated holes so technically there is no middle of the two pages!!!

Obviously we have discovered my scepticism and blip pae 'problem'!!! but with such long books needing my attention all the time I find it very hard to concentrate proiperley on the PRing stage itself.

I do apologise for offending any body whilst in this discussion, look forward to hearing sucggestions and guidance to PRing and thank you all for your patience - or lack of it as the case may be!

Stay beautiful,

Les paul ARE cool!

Gregory,

I wanted to thank you for your posts. I have learned more about what can do to make my PR more successful. I have had several questions about this and knew no one I could ask questions with. Knowing a bit about psychology and hypnotherapy, I can see how it makes sence that the actual PhotoReading part would only need to be done once, why it is so important to use this step, and where the recall methods would be an area that I personally can focus more of my time on.

Also lespaulsarecool,

If you are having difficulties seeing the Blip.. let me try and suggest something. Sit about 5 feet from a wall, ( facing it ). focuse on a spot on the wall. While doing this, with an open book on your lap, bring the book in front of your view about 6 inches to a foot with out break your original focus. If you can do this, ( which took me like 3 days of practicing to do with out re-focusing on the book ), you should see the pages and all the words are a blurr. This is the state where you want to be in. If you can do this, than you can do this from the desk top. I don't think you have to see the blip as mentioned in the course. I do think the blip is there as a guide. Once you are able to keep your eyes focuse on a spot further than where the book is as I mentioned above, you will begin to notice as youturn pages that youwill see the blip, or each eye will see the center or crease of the book unfocused, thus creating the imaginary blip.

Hope this may help..

Also.. I know how difficult it can be with noise and kids running around. When I do my PR sessions, I've started lesting to musinc I can relax too. Experiment and see what music or sounds you can listen to, to help brng or keep your mind in the relaxed state the course talks about. And keep in mind that you can always buy the tape which this course offers (I did this) and I am able to relaxe and study well with out hearing the noise in the backround.

[This message has been edited by Ezra4no1 (edited August 30, 2001).]

Glad I could be of some assistance Ezra.
Keep at and you'll master the system.

Gregory,
I read your reply ... it was not snooty and the content helped me as a begining photo reader.

I have found this forum and the spirit of cooperation in it to be of enormous benefit in coaching and IN ENCOURAGEMENT!

I will endeavor to keep an open mind about PR and my results as I beieve in self fulfilling prophesy.

"Alas .. that which he feared most has come upon him"

Rob

Lespaulswithemgsneedbatteries,

I don't use the blip or X anymore. I just look at the whole page as if it's a poster and notice the whole thing at once- corners and white space. Because I read what's on a screen alot and what's in a 3 ring binder alot too I had to adapt.

I think the blip and X are for those that want to occupy their mind so they don't focus on a word but I have no problem not focusing on anything.

About taking on many big books at once: I'm assuming you don't have to have them all read at once- that you will have to read 1-2 chapters at a time in each, right? In that case don't Photoread any whole book, just do the chapters you have to do the night before (1 chapter from this book, one from that one, etc) and activate them during the classes and if you have to study more- mind probe and mind map. It will take less time than regular reading.

By the way, regular reading is just the study reading speed of rapid reading. You aren't throwing anything away or replacing anything. I still read things VERY SLOW at times.

Lespaulsarecool,
Once you learn to use the whole system, you can mix and match old reading ideas with new ones you learn in the system. I and Andy030 have adapted the system to meet our personal needs. It has worked great for both of us.

Also check out my post called "TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please". You might find something helpfull and inspiring there.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved