Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#2265 01/22/01 10:16 PM

mgrego2,
Thanks, it's beginning to...sorta.

How many steps are there to accomplish, for example, your goal?

It seems like it all has to be symbolic in order to process so quickly.

I'm wondering if i could symbolize all the 10 steps into one symbolic image? Do you think this is possible?

Then flash the symbol w/ the dice the way you & Jens do?

Do you mean you see combinations of dice that produce 34? Like 6 6 6 6 6 4?
Does that mean if i have a symbol say, for example, a waving flag in the bright blue sky as a symbol for all my 10 steps, i would just flash that symbol 6 times while seeing the 6 dice?

gosh, i hope this makes sense....

#2266 01/22/01 10:19 PM

mgrego2,

Also, sorry to bother you, but what do you think Pete means when he said it's possible if you just set the conscious mind aside.

I get the impression that this could mean it is possible to just see it all speeded up like a FF thing on the VCR. But, how could one do this?

This tape really has me in a quandry.

#2267 01/23/01 03:13 AM
mgrego2 Offline OP
OP Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Margaret:
mgrego2,
Thanks, it's beginning to...sorta.

How many steps are there to accomplish, for example, your goal?

I chose one that I could break down into 4 basic steps. I didn't want to overwhelm myself

It seems like it all has to be symbolic in order to process so quickly.

I'm wondering if i could symbolize all the 10 steps into one symbolic image? Do you think this is possible?

I don't know. My impression was that imagining the steps was important. Perhaps when you're doing it only once, you could use the 10 steps. After that, use the symbolic image along with the feelings that running the 10 steps created in you -- can you pick something with fewer steps to start with or reduce those 10 steps into fewer macro-steps?

Do you mean you see combinations of dice that produce 34? Like 6 6 6 6 6 4?

Yes

Does that mean if i have a symbol say, for example, a waving flag in the bright blue sky as a symbol for all my 10 steps, i would just flash that symbol 6 times while seeing the 6 dice?

That might work. Actually, if you've successfully reduced the steps to 1 image, why couldn't you just see multiple images of the flag (maybe in patterns to match the quantities?) Hopefully, someone with intelligence will step in soon. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

#2268 01/23/01 03:18 AM
mgrego2 Offline OP
OP Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Margaret:
mgrego2,

what do you think Pete means when he said it's possible if you just set the conscious mind aside.

I guess my thought was that, much like PRing, our conscious mind can interfere. The inner mind knows what we are trying to do and can perhaps accept shorthand. By reducing the sequence to a feeling and firing off the dots, Jens is linking the process (feeling) to the quantity (dots). The inner mind then uses that shorthand to replicate the actual sequence much more rapidly than the conscious mind is capable of accomplishing. To me, the key would be to have a good initial representation for the 1-time sequence and then convert to the representation when that is no longer suitable. Of course, I'm just theorizing here...

Jens,

What has been your actual experience after using the tape? Where have you noticed results and how?

#2269 01/23/01 04:00 AM

mgrego2,
Thanks, i'll just have to not be so detailed in my steps. I somehow thought that thoroughness in detailing the steps was a key factor for success.

I really wish people w/ experience, known successful experienc w/ this tape would speak/write up.

Pete says it's one of his favorite tapes. I wish he would explain how he manages to get X number of steps into 34 times in 7 seconds.

It's very challenging to visualize how to do it.

#2270 01/23/01 04:08 AM

I thought it rather intuitive. Just let it happen. Don't force the thought.

Think of how long it took you to learn to type. At first it was slow, then you carved the neural pathways. Sort of the same thing with Automatic Pilot. Gets so familiar it becomes... well, automatic!

Perhaps, as an exercise, try envisioning electrons moving around their orbits at super speeds. Or, Envision a beam of light traveling through the universe. Think of a sewing machind needle at full speed moving up and down in realtime. Or other incredibly fast things.

Or, in the reverse, just for kicks, envision yourself standing up from the computer and walking to the door in slow motion. Have it take 5 minutes in your mind.

There are no limits on the imagination!!!

#2271 01/23/01 08:13 AM

quote:
Jens,

What has been your actual experience after using the tape? Where have you noticed results and how?

Hi mgrego2, Hi Margaret,

first of all: you got right, what I was suggesting.

My goal was to get the mountains of incoming information (books, eMails etc.) into molehills. For this I would take one piece at a time, as soon as possible after coming to me, quickly preview it and sort in categories of urgency/importance, dealing with it right away if need be.
Well, I did AP as part of the Consistent Achievement Course, so I'm not really sure if my better dealing with incoming material can be contributed to to playing with AP. In the last two weeks, my results have gone down again - too much other things to do with our last performances of my amateur drama group. But after AP I definitely felt the will and energy and resources to accomplish my goal. Same with another, more personal goal which, while totally lost out of conscious focus for quite a while, is now getting into full swing.
While writing this, I decided to repeat AP and accompany it with some New Behaviour Generating.

Sorry, for the rambling, but I'm quite tired - time for a nap.

Best luck,

Jens

#2272 01/24/01 12:15 AM

Brian, i am asking how to visualize 10 steps to a goal i have not yet reached 34 times in 7 seconds. This is not like typing b/c i have never done a workshop before. I have attempted to do one in the past & always backed down. I'm sure that after doing a number of them, i could then do the steps faster-------------but at this time it is really impossible due to my total lack of experience in the matter.

The best i can muster is to do the steps in the b/g of the tape. Then form a symbolic image that matches the feelings of success & creativity i hope this endeavor brings to my life. Then do what Jens does w/ the dice, i.e., 6-6-6-6-6-4 ='s 34 or maybe flash the symbolic image very very fast in my inner vision. That could be possible.

I really wish Pete or someone from LS would tell us how they do it. We're all just guessing....it's creative guessing but still guessing. I echo mgrego2's remark that it would be helpful if someone stepped in here w/ some definitive advice.

#2273 01/24/01 12:10 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

For me it is a rapid succession of images.

I didn't get it at first when using the tape. After a few listening it came naturally for me.

Some people have a rapid succession of sounds, feelings...play with it to see what works best for you.

This is a slow loading topic, so I will close it off. Feel free to pick it up with the new thread/topic.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved