Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Andy030 Offline OP
OP Offline

Is Rhythmic Perusal where you read but flow over the upper half of the words? I'm doing it by letting my gaze flow over the tops of the words kinda like if my attention is skiing over them. I was just wondering if that was what it was because it's only mentioned a few times in the book.

Andy030 Offline OP
OP Offline

I forgot to mention that the way I rapid read is my using the rhythmic perusal method because it seems faster.

SD Offline

How I ensure that I read only the upper half of the words? Because the entire word (and some words around it) will be in my peripheral vision. Only if I read the words by hiding the lower half of the words put putting a scale on the words, I would be able to read the top half of the words. Please guide me.

Learning Strategies Admin

Just knowing that the secret for reading faster is to pay attention, notice, see, the top part of the word will create the shift. Just as when you learned to read you learned to focus on the body of the letters by placing your finger under them, you saw the whole letters and words. Now just remind yourself to notice a little higher than when you learned to read.

Remember you're already reading / seeing them. You just learned a little known feature about the western letters.

Alex

SD Offline

Thanks Alex. Will give it a try and let you know if it works.

Hi Alex, how does this apply to books written in foreign languages (non-western letters) like Japanese, Korean and Mandarin?

It doesn't. It's for western text where most of the cues as to the letters are at the top part of the word.

Alex

So if we are reading books written in non-Western text, how do we apply Rhythmic Perusal?

Glide your eye over the text. Read the first sentence and skitter. Read the last sentence if needed.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved