Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#223 05/17/02 01:32 PM
jonah Offline OP
OP Offline

If I were teaching others, say, PR, MO, etc. would it be better for them to begin w/ Genius Code or Natural Brilliance?

Hands down---Natural Brilliance for adults & college age students.

But PhRing can be taught in & of itself. It is an entire whole mind system. So, i wonder why you think it's necessary to teach some other course prior to PhRing?

MO for abc lists can be taught in 20 minutes. Then it's up to that person to practice it. I'm still doing abc lists.

jonah Offline OP
OP Offline

I just thought that if the person was reluctent(?sp) about trying something out of the norm like PRing, that NB, GC and MO and the like courses has familiar stuff so that the person would feel ccomfortable and not feel they were wasting their time and give them enough encouragement to try something out of the ordinary--like Photo Reading.

Jonah,
The PhRing book is so exciting to read. This book is mind-altering as long as the person is not familiar w/ accelerated learning. I think most people would find their interested peaked w/ even the structure of the book.

From one perspective, any LS course and paraliminal would appear to be ususual in its approach to learning. For someone who is hesitant to apply an unusual approach to learning, only results will matter. Specifically---their results But, w/ some reluctant people, it's more difficult and challenging to open their minds. So the product is not the problem---rather, their mind-approach is.

Then, i still say, NB is the course. I've never used the Personal Celebration Series, but i know someone who does. He really likes it. I'd check out this possibility. For me, i fell in love w/ their German Language tape set. It opened a whole new understanding to learning for me.

Some of the simpler items of LS may suit people who have their minds screwed on tight

Hel Offline

Margaret, what's special about the German language tape set? To about what level can one get with it? Danke.

Hel

Hel,
They only have the one level. I've called and written and begged them to do more levels. I guess they just don't sell enuff to warrant the expense of additional levels.

What's special about it? everything
1. The tapes have relaxing music
2. The lady who speaks has a terrific voice
3. The content of the stories (12) is wonderful and covers a huge amount of language.
4. She speaks slowly and yet in a regular manner so as to enable you to get a correct feeling for enunciation. W/o ever having taken any speaking courses, everyone understands my Deutsch. It's totally amazing.
5. The booklet that comes w/ it is structured to perfection. I've colored it in to add visual interest. It's set up to be colored in but in an adult manner.
6. The booklet is one of the best examples of accelerated learning i've ever seen ...And, i've seen a lot by now. At the time, i had NO knowledge of accelerated learning. I have since spent $2,000 on accelerated learning materials. Know what? LS's little booklet holds up terrifically I got the best right off.
7. I copied all my tapes on to 2 60 minute tapes and listen to them in my car. I still enjoy listening to them off/on since i want to keep my ear attuned to the German inflections.

I could go on and on but this is enuff...

I purchased a Spanish set for a friend who was doing consultant work in SA. She was so impressed that she informed the head of the language dept. at that college.

Hel Offline

Thanks, Margaret. Still, could you tell me how far that one level goes. Like, how much Deutsch can one learn from it. Does it teach grammar? Could you pick up good comprehension? That's usually the hardest part for me in learning a language, understanding the natives. From what you describe, it sounds like a great product. Vielen Dank und liebe Grüsse.

Hel,
Well, you seem to have a background in German. No it does not teach grammar. The short stories (15 minutes) are spoken in both German and English by a German lady. I wish i had enuff confidence to write this.

I come from a background of no languages and a sense i can't learn. Somehow in high school i attempted to begin French, but was put w/ kids who had been flunking French for 3-4 years. So i was w/ a bunch of kids who knew French very well actually. It was a disaster for my sense of self. Even when i flunked, i was clueless because that teacher refused to ever speak any English to me. It destroyed my confidence to learn any language. I just freeze up. For me, in my situation, these tapes were a blessing.

But for you, it seems questionable. I would rate these tapes as very beginner basic for people w/ no knowledge of a language. I would call these tapes a super introduction to a language.

My next step is to go to a weekend intensive at a nearby college for level 1.

Good luck! and spass haben

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited May 21, 2002).]

Hel Offline

Margaret, thank you for the info. I think you are right, the German course probably would not be suitable for me. I've done Mittelstufe Deutsch. I might try the Spanish when I have the time ( don't know when I will). If you ever feel like practising/layering Deutsch, I am game.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved