Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Thanks, sub. Looking back at it, there's actually some stuff I would've tried to make clearer, but that's what I get for not going to my English and Philosphy classes. =(

Thanks again, though.

Ramon

Hello Razordu30--
I like your reply.
But, I have found out that people who have strong opinions on the war, either for or against, will not listen to the real explanation of the war but will fabricate their own reason for the war (America is causing war againt defenceless people). No amount of explaining the facts to the real cause of war will enlighten the critics, they just wish to p** people off.
These critics do not watch the news or read the papers apparently or they would know the fight is against terrorism and the effect on all the nations.

Thanks Jonah.

I agree. That's why I tried to avoid saying, "America should go to war" in the reply (even though I think its necessary). I instead tried to talk about why I don't like some of the arguments against America I've been hearing.

But as far as not going to war, I attended a student meeting debating it, and I watched these kids present an argument of how we have to stay peaceful and not go to war. So I asked, "What should we do then, to prevent future terrorist attacks, besides trying to get rid of terrorism with the help of other countries?"

I got blank faces. One of them replied, "We should step up security at our airports so that this doesn't happen again."

I asked, "What if the next terrorist attack isn't by plane?"

More blank faces, followed by, "We should step up security everywhere, I guess."

"I've heard that Israeli intelligence has confirmed that terrorist cells have hired ex-Cold War Russian scientists and that not only do they have nuclear capability, but at the present rate will have a nuclear warhead on top of a rocket that can reach US soil from the Middle East. The projected date of said technology is 10 to 15 years. How do we prevent that without stopping terrorism?"

More blank faces looking at each other, followed by a subject change of "How has this attack affected everybody?"

--
Do I think that Operation Infinite Justice is a really bad name? It's up there with "The Clone Wars".

Did I vote for Bush? No.

Am I for war with terrorism? Definately; this isn't a war based on beliefs. It's not based on religion, it's not based on some tax we don't like or to save a couple bucks on gas. It's based against a crime against life that has been going on far too long now, a crime that has finally hit American shores in a powerful way.

Will the war stop terrorism itself? No, because you'll have a McVeigh or a Kazinsky out there doing God knows what. But it's very feasible to break up terrorist cells that make Osama Bin Laden, for example, too powerful. These networks are way too capable of atrocities I don't like to think about.

I had a day dream yesterday that a hi-jacked 747 slammed into Disneyworld.

I've never been more horrified from a day dream in my entire life.

This is the type of thing that we'll think about until this is stopped. This is the type of thing that validates action. This is the type of thing that makes us live in fear: fear that we will die because someone thousands of miles away doesn't like us very much; that we will die while sitting at a computer screen while working a 9 - 5.

I for one would rather die standing.

Long live the Damn Yankees.

-Ramon

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved