Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Hello Fellow PhotoReaders.

How do you prop up the book you are about to PhotoRead? The course states that the best angle is 45 degrees and your eyes are facing the book directly.

The best thing I can think of is a book holder. What are your thoughts?

Well, when I started out, I used to prop books up with just about anything I could find (.. other books, the telephone, and once, even a sneaker ). After a while though, I decided to invest in a nice little foldable bookholder from Levenger.com (which cost me all of $25). I never looked back (It did wonders for my page-flipping )

Take care.

Sceptor

Levenger has 3 different book props. The metal one is the best. I bought the plastic & it's not really worthwhile. BTW, i put a little piece of soft foam on it & now my books, regardless of the size, do not slip.

The one I got is called the Novel Bookstand. You can see it here: http://www.levenger.com/shop/ItemPage.asp?Title=Novel+Bookstand (..price has gone up some since I got mine about a year ago).

I'm quite satisfied with it, except I think they could have made the hinges sturdier.

Ok now, byebye then.

Sceptor

No, that's not the one i have. I couldn't find it on their site, but i'm sure they have it. It comes in different colors: red, yellow, blue, metal w/ no color.

It's a great stand for throwing in a back pack & for pc work. It has a revolving thing on the bottom to hold the book open also. Plus it's heavy enuff & has a pad on the bottom so that it doesn't slide.

Ah yes, the heavy base sounds good. Mine sometimes slides when I.. um.. muscle through a big book. I'm thinking about getting one of those adhesive rubber pads to stick on the bottom in order to solve that problem (or maybe I should learn a little finesse ).

Take care

Sceptor

OP Offline

Thanks for the input on the book holders. I made my own out of plywood. Works great, not too portable though but I'm not going anywhere. Leave me your address and send you a picture of it.

OP Offline

Thanks for the input of the bookstand. I made one out of plywood. Send me your address and I will send you a picture of it.

Ah, a fellow handyman! I thought we were a dead breed. Makes me want to go and hang out in the neighbourhood hardware store . How I miss my workshop back home.. sigh.

Keep well, and may the flipping begin.

Sceptor

Well, guys, i happen to use a plunger here at work to PhR! The tiles on this raised floor are 40lbs & we use very large plungers. I stick a piece of soft foam in it & it's the best.

quote:
Originally posted by Don Sceptori:
Ah, a fellow handyman! I thought we were a dead breed. Makes me want to go and hang out in the neighbourhood hardware store . How I miss my workshop back home.. sigh.

Keep well, and may the flipping begin.

Sceptor

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved