Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marian Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi. I'm new here and have been reading the emails here. I have never tried PR and I'm anxious waiting for my PR Learning Course.
Meanwhile, I've got a few questions:

I'm a naturally fast reader right now (I can read three 300+ page books a day)but have noticed that I can't remember the titles. <VBG> My concern is whether I'll keep my love of reading for pleasure?

Will I be able to read just for pleasure?

Will this require a memory course as well?

Thanks for the help and advice in advance.

Hi Marian,

Congrats on getting the system! It's awesome.

You won't need an additional memory system, but the system comes with an Memory Supercharger tape, which is one of the best paraliminals LSC has released (some people say Dream Play).

What's even better about the Photoreading system is that you don't HAVE to use it. If I read the Tao Te Ching, a Dan Millman Book, or Tao of Pooh, I go at the regular reading pace, tasting everything. If it's another one of Kant's essays, photoreading it is.

This doesn't mean photoreading can't be pleasurable. I wouldn't say it's better or worse (as far as pleasure goes) it's just different. I loved photoreading a lot of different books, and actually this book Pamela (I mention it on here a lot) would NEVER EVER EVER have held ANY interest in me if I wasn't going so fast through it. 50 pages where nothing happens. Absolutely nothing. It's a literary crime, I say.

But enough of that. Hope you get the package soon. Welcome aboard.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Marian Offline OP
OP Offline

Ramon:

Thanks for the welcome. I AM looking forward to getting the program and the extra paraliminals that I've ordered. I hope that it won't be too long a wait (I wonder if they've got a tape for impatience?)There are a lot of research books that I'd like to read and, as a matter of fact, a lot of fiction books that I should read and then sell (I need more shelf space). As for that book Pamela...it would've hit my wall long before I reached the 25th page if nothing at all happened. .

Marian

Oh, that book was much worse than I make it sound.

It was 400 pages long, and plot advancements happened realistically about every 45 pages. The inbetween stuff (I'm not exagerrating) was filled with the Pamela's friends praising her with the same comments over and over after every little task, and Pamela villainizing her master similarly. I remember when I finished it (had to for a class) I stomped on it and threw it on the ground in triumph.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

My philosophy is.... Photoread all the junk you flat out have to read and get it the heck over with so you have more time for slow reading.

Over time what you once called pleasureable you may now see as the pain that it is. Stupid relationships with stupid people, food, alcohol, moronic activities etc etc. The same thing may happen with your reading.

I haven't touched a novel in over 10 years because ... (fade in Tony Robbins' music..) "I've been making a living instead of designing a life" hehe... and I'm on my 4th one since I started PRing in July. Nope, I'm not PRing them but I'm getting all my other reading done in record time and I'm managing all my other time better too.

If you start having problems with your memory you may want to purchase the Kevin Trudeau mega memory course. http://www.megamemory.net/

You only have to go throught the course once and it works really well!

Marian Offline OP
OP Offline

Ramon & Andy:

Well, there are many manuals that I have to read, lots of books that I want to read, and since I MUST read...like breathing, for me...I'll continue to read novels, etc. I read even cereal boxes...so, I'd rather stick to something with a little more meat.

I noticed that someone mentioned the brainwave generator site. I went there and downloaded a trial program. Does anyone have the actual program? Is there more sound effects on that program?

Marian

Marian Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks, Gelvcron, for the info on Trudeau's program. I have it somewhere and was just getting into it when I had to move. I'll have to look into a box and see where it is. LOL.

You said that it really works? Forever?

Marian

To make sure that you remember the techniques forever he tells you to use certain affirmations. He basically trains you to use your built in photographic memory. Every lesson he gives you will work!

That's a bold claim...

Hmn...another 8 tape set...I'm running out of room for these...

60 bucks, eh? I might check it out...I'll let you know how I do if I scrounge up some money, though realistically, we're looking at post-holidy season.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com ("What's in my mind...what's in my mind...")

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved