Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#24990 11/30/01 09:23 PM

Joe,
I did not intend any disregard to Buzan. I have all of his books. I even got them first. I came upon the Nancy Margulies comic book lastly. Until i had found the comic book, i had intended to follow the Buzan book.

I have for a very long time on this forum encouraged people to just go to B&N & enjoy the many MMs in that book. I have never seen a post by anyone saying that it was a terrific book. On another forum, a person purchased that book on my glowing recommendation & then said it was just too confusing to get anything out of it.

The one thing that the Margulies books, there are 2 of them, do is to give all kinds of easy diagrams for drawing. I can't draw

But, after using her two books, i can draw faces and all kinds of things quickly easily and it's just such a confidence building experience that children and adults who are timid about drawing will take to it quickly. I spent hours drawing all kinds of things w/ her help.

Plus the MM in her two books are SOOOOO wonderful and when i compared them to the Buzan MMB, i just had to put it off to the side. The only 2 pages i'm using are: the one page where he shows stagnant MMs and the one where he shows how to break up a very unhappy afternoon.

Andy, the one is Mapping Inner Space and the comic book, i forget the correct title. I'll get it to you Monday.

I treasure the Buzan books.
I value the Wycoff book
I delight in the Margulies book...that back cover has delighted me endlessly...really you can learn MMing from the back cover alone....i'm serious

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited November 30, 2001).]

#24991 11/30/01 09:24 PM

Joe, i'm surprised that you did not mention my example exercise i told Glasseagle to do.

It was directly out of Buzan's The Mind Map Book!!!!!

#24992 11/30/01 10:00 PM

I haven't seen the comic book, but I agree that Mapping Inner Space is a very good book. There is an entire section on graphics that is excellent for those of us with limited drawing capabilities.

I own the Wycoff book and find it very useful. It is more down-to-earth than the Buzan book. It just seems more practical.

I own The Mind Map Book and I think it is a great book. The illustrations are very interesting but they tend toward the complex and aren't as useful as an aid to doing your own mind maps. His procedures are good but just aren't as intuitive as the other books.

I think all are worth owning but for different reasons. Mapping Inner Space for those who want to make their mind maps more creative. Wycoff's book for people who want practical ways to use mind maps. Buzan's book for people who want the Bible on mind mapping.

The cassettes by Michael Gelb are also very good for beginners.

#24993 12/02/01 03:54 AM

The article that appears in the Photoreading manual mentions is about an girl who received a lot of attention for he rmind mapping uses...however, if you read in the mind map book, Tony Buzan talks about her and includes some of her mind maps. It turns out that she got the idea for using mind maps for her studies from Buzan's book USE BOTH SIDES OF YOUR BRAIN.

#24994 12/02/01 12:28 PM

Ah, that makes more sense. They didn't mention that in the article.

You know that speedreading book by berg that you mentioned? I PR'd that months ago and forgot all about it then went back and found out he wants you to do bookmaps BEFORE you speed read it and that's the advice I gave to someone (mistake) that helped them get PR to work. He needed a visual frame of reference before he read or all his ideas were out in mental limbo and he couldn't remember or sort out anything. "Highly visual he is" - Yoda.

Weird how I got that idea from a book and didn't even know it.

#24995 12/04/01 02:59 AM
OP Offline

thanks for your help every one (im just about to get a flame)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved